Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 5

(10-09-2017, 04:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This thread just doesn't feel ***Official*** since Bullseye didn't start it.

With that being said I'm going to do a "homer" week this week with my picks.

Jaguars - I just think that they have the talent and ability to pull off the win.  I believe in the team (hence my username).  I'll take them to win over the Steelers.

Dolphins - This pick is mainly based on the health and availability of Mariotta.  I don't think the Titans can pull off the win without him and even if he does play he won't be at 100%.  The Dolphins get a win.

Chiefs - They have been playing some good football and are the more "stable" team.  Also, even though the Texans have played a couple of impressive games this past couple of weeks with rookie QB Watson, teams have some game tape on him now and will account for him.  I'll take the Chiefs.

49'ers - Though they are win-less thus far, their losses appear to be pretty close games against some pretty good teams with the exception of week 1.  The Colts are a mess and their only win was a close game against the Browns.  They have also allowed 2 teams (Rams and Seahawks) to put up 45+ points against them.  I'll take the Chiefs.

1-2 Last Week

7-6 Overall

Regarding the part in red above, my intention was to select the 49'ers.  With that being said though.

3 - 1 This Week

10 - 7 Overall

I broke my own rules when it came to the Chiefs game.

Usually I don't subscribe to the "due" theory, but essentially I did just that in justifying a Texans win, thinking the chiefs were due to lose and that this was a trap game.

Not only that, I ignored the history between these teams.  The Chiefs have absolutely owned the Texans.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2017, 05:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I broke my own rules when it came to the Chiefs game.

Usually I don't subscribe to the "due" theory, but essentially I did just that in justifying a Texans win, thinking the chiefs were due to lose and that this was a trap game.

Not only that, I ignored the history between these teams. The Chiefs have absolutely owned the Texans.

How was it a trap game for the Chiefs? They know the Texans were not bad, just breaking in a new QB.

Well, that was before the first drive of the game . . . Now we can say the Texans will be bad from now on.

I don't believe in the "due" theory either.

(10-05-2017, 10:03 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Jaguars
Chiefs
Titans
Colts

8-5 so far

11-6 baby.  3-1 this week, and I aaaaalllllmost changed to the Dolphins.

(10-06-2017, 03:16 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Bullseye apparently is not doing it this week (he never forgets), so I will pick up the slack.

Jaguars at Steelers The so-called Killer Bees - Ben, Brown, and Bell - are scary for any defense, especially with the very good offensive line. This could be the hardest game on our schedule. I am optimistic about keeping the game close because of our pass defense, but don't see us stopping #26 very often. STEELERS

Titans at Dolphins This is an easy one. Adam Gase called his offense "garbage" after their only score was a garbage time TD. They proceeded to be shut out again the next week - definitely not a good sign that they can outscore a hobbling or backup QB on the other sideline. TITANS

Chiefs at Texans Playing at home will not help a team hosting the best team in the best division. Kansas City is more complete on defense. Houston can't score 50+ points again. It could be close, but Alex Smith > Deshaun Watson any week of the year. CHIEFS

49ers at Colts Peyton Manning Day. The Colts should be inspired by the retirement of #18 twp days after his statue is erected. Of course, that does not necessarily help a team win without its starting QB, but the 49ers have a zero in the win column because they suck at many positions. COLTS

What are your picks?

Last week:  1-2
Overall: 7-6

I hope I have a losing record again this week.
jags
Dolphins
Chiefs
and Colts.
4-0 this week. Hopefully can continue.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-09-2017, 11:23 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 03:16 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Jags
Dolphins
Chiefs
and Colts.
4-0 this week. Hopefully can continue.

I am sure you wanted to be wrong about the 49ers/Colts game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2017, 11:30 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: 2-1 last week.  8-5 overall.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with JDub down the line.

Steelers over Jaguars
Titans over Dolphins
Chiefs over Texans
Colts over 49ers

2-2 This week
10-7 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-05-2017, 10:31 AM)Kane Wrote: Squeelers
Chiefs
clots
tacks

Last week 1-2
Overall 4-9

2-2
overall 6-11

WOO!

(10-07-2017, 02:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Hate to pick against Jax, but have to go Steelers this week.

Pitt
Miami (Matt Cassel effect)
Chiefs
49ers

The entire division loses this week.

1-2 last week

7-6 overall
Not mad about being 2-2 here
9-8 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS