Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 5

This thread just doesn't feel ***Official*** since Bullseye didn't start it.

With that being said I'm going to do a "homer" week this week with my picks.

Jaguars - I just think that they have the talent and ability to pull off the win.  I believe in the team (hence my username).  I'll take them to win over the Steelers.

Dolphins - This pick is mainly based on the health and availability of Mariotta.  I don't think the Titans can pull off the win without him and even if he does play he won't be at 100%.  The Dolphins get a win.

Chiefs - They have been playing some good football and are the more "stable" team.  Also, even though the Texans have played a couple of impressive games this past couple of weeks with rookie QB Watson, teams have some game tape on him now and will account for him.  I'll take the Chiefs.

49'ers - Though they are win-less thus far, their losses appear to be pretty close games against some pretty good teams with the exception of week 1.  The Colts are a mess and their only win was a close game against the Browns.  They have also allowed 2 teams (Rams and Seahawks) to put up 45+ points against them.  I'll take the Chiefs.

1-2 Last Week

7-6 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags
Fins
Chiefs
Niner's

Last week 2-1
Overall 7-6
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Jaguars 24-21
tacks 30-17
clots 17-12
chiefs 33-20

Last Week: 1-2

Overall: 4-5

(10-05-2017, 08:23 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:36 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That does not make sense. We are talking about 2017.

What's the current record for the Browns, JDub?

You can't go by just that after only four weeks. Stay tuned until the Browns lose more games.

(10-06-2017, 12:08 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:23 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: What's the current record for the Browns, JDub?

You can't go by just that after only four weeks. Stay tuned until the Browns lose more games.

I'll bow out now before I lose more brain cells.  You win, JDub!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Week # 4 Results: 1-2
Overall Results: 8-5

Week # 5 Selections

Pittsburgh
Miami
Indianapolis
Kansas City

(10-04-2017, 10:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Bullseye apparently is not doing it this week (he never forgets), so I will pick up the slack.

Jaguars at Steelers The so-called Killer Bees - Ben, Brown, and Bell - are scary for any defense, especially with the very good offensive line. This could be the hardest game on our schedule. I am optimistic about keeping the game close because of our pass defense, but don't see us stopping #26 very often. STEELERS

Titans at Dolphins This is an easy one. Adam Gase called his offense "garbage" after their only score was a garbage time TD. They proceeded to be shut out again the next week - definitely not a good sign that they can outscore a hobbling or backup QB on the other sideline. TITANS

Chiefs at Texans Playing at home will not help a team hosting the best team in the best division. Kansas City is more complete on defense. Houston can't score 50+ points again. It could be close, but Alex Smith > Deshaun Watson any week of the year. CHIEFS

49ers at Colts Peyton Manning Day. The Colts should be inspired by the retirement of #18 twp days after his statue is erected. Of course, that does not necessarily help a team win without its starting QB, but the 49ers have a zero in the win column because they suck at many positions. COLTS

What are your picks?

Last week:  1-2
Overall: 7-6

I hope I have a losing record again this week.
jags
Dolphins
Chiefs
and Colts.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-05-2017, 07:26 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Browns beat the Colts LOL.

She means in 2011, for those of you that don't ride her wave.

(10-05-2017, 08:23 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: What's the current record for the Browns, JDub?

Dafuq?

Last week: 1-2

Overall: 9-4

Steelers

Titans

Chiefs

Colts
'02

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 02:46 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Hate to pick against Jax, but have to go Steelers this week.

Pitt
Miami (Matt Cassel effect)
Chiefs
49ers

The entire division loses this week.

1-2 last week

7-6 overall

Yeah guys! Being 0-4 is the same thing as 1-3 with a win over the Colts since the Colts don't count this year. 

For the record, JDub, the Browns made a good effort in their come back try, but Indy won that games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-07-2017, 02:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
Yeah guys! Being 0-4 is the same thing as 1-3 with a win over the Colts since the Colts don't count this year. 

For the record, JDub, the Browns made a good effort in their comeback try, but Indy won that games.

The Colts do count this year. They choked against the Cardinals, then nearly choked against the Browns, but it will not be long before Andrew Luck returns.

(10-05-2017, 09:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote: For the record, I didn't forget.  Just did not have time to do it until now.

My picks
Steelers over Jaguars
Texans over Chiefs
Tacks over Dolphins
Colts over 49ers

I hope I am wrong on all of these picks.

Overall:  5-8

I will gladly take the 1-3 record this week.  Gladly!

Overall:  6-11.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-05-2017, 10:01 AM)Perkolater Wrote: 1-2 Last Week
7-6 overall

Steelers
Chiefs
titans
49ers

Happiest I've ever been with 1-3. LOL

8-9 overall.

(10-05-2017, 03:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 5-2 overall. this week ill go with.

Jags-they can beat the good teams,and steelers are a good team.

Chiefs

colts

tittians

3-1 this week.  moves me to 8-3 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-06-2017, 03:16 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Bullseye apparently is not doing it this week (he never forgets), so I will pick up the slack.

Jaguars at Steelers The so-called Killer Bees - Ben, Brown, and Bell - are scary for any defense, especially with the very good offensive line. This could be the hardest game on our schedule. I am optimistic about keeping the game close because of our pass defense, but don't see us stopping #26 very often. STEELERS

Titans at Dolphins This is an easy one. Adam Gase called his offense "garbage" after their only score was a garbage time TD. They proceeded to be shut out again the next week - definitely not a good sign that they can outscore a hobbling or backup QB on the other sideline. TITANS

Chiefs at Texans Playing at home will not help a team hosting the best team in the best division. Kansas City is more complete on defense. Houston can't score 50+ points again. It could be close, but Alex Smith > Deshaun Watson any week of the year. CHIEFS

49ers at Colts Peyton Manning Day. The Colts should be inspired by the retirement of #18 twp days after his statue is erected. Of course, that does not necessarily help a team win without its starting QB, but the 49ers have a zero in the win column because they suck at many positions. COLTS

What are your picks?

Overall: 7-6

I hope I have a losing record again this week.
jags
Dolphins
Chiefs
and Colts.
My man!

(10-05-2017, 06:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Steelers over Jags - I was tempted to go with the every other game win pattern for the home team but I just see too many weaknesses that the Steelers will be able to exploit.

Chiefs over tinhorns - I think the Chiefs are just too much offensively and that tinhorn D is inconsistent. While Watson had a good game last week, I don't think he has IT just yet.

tacks over Dolphins - Dolphins offense may be worse than ours. With or without Mariotta, this is not a competitive game.

clots over 49ers - Battle of who sucks more and clearly that is the 49ers this year. I think the Browns could beat the 49ers.

1-2 last week
7-6 overall

Well, not mad about being off this week.

2-2 this week
9-8 overall
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-09-2017, 02:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I will gladly take the 1-3 record this week.  Gladly!

Overall:  6-11.

I also was hoping for a 1-3 record this week. Unfortunately I am 2-2, but my overall record is better than yours: 9-8.

(10-05-2017, 10:32 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Steelers over Jaguars
Chiefs over Texans
Titans over Dolphins
Colts over 49ers

10-3 overall

2-2 this week
12-5 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

And please stop blocking me. I didnt even say anything last time. Go jags

(10-05-2017, 08:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This thread just doesn't feel ***Official*** since Bullseye didn't start it.

With that being said I'm going to do a "homer" week this week with my picks.

Jaguars - I just think that they have the talent and ability to pull off the win.  I believe in the team (hence my username).  I'll take them to win over the Steelers.

Dolphins - This pick is mainly based on the health and availability of Mariotta.  I don't think the Titans can pull off the win without him and even if he does play he won't be at 100%.  The Dolphins get a win.

Chiefs - They have been playing some good football and are the more "stable" team.  Also, even though the Texans have played a couple of impressive games this past couple of weeks with rookie QB Watson, teams have some game tape on him now and will account for him.  I'll take the Chiefs.

49'ers - Though they are win-less thus far, their losses appear to be pretty close games against some pretty good teams with the exception of week 1.  The Colts are a mess and their only win was a close game against the Browns.  They have also allowed 2 teams (Rams and Seahawks) to put up 45+ points against them.  I'll take the Chiefs.

1-2 Last Week

7-6 Overall

Regarding the part in red above, my intention was to select the 49'ers.  With that being said though.

3 - 1 This Week

10 - 7 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.