Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump's Merit System

(10-12-2017, 11:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:16 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... you just have to say you studied "Design and Photography" and you're in? Great.

I think she studied Trophy Wife 101 and passed with flying colors. I guess a rich moron is better than an middle class moron.

Got to love playing that what-if game as an excuse to denigrate with the term "moron."  If that doesn't work, be sexist and go with "Trophy Wife."

What are you babbling about? I see you didn't try to deny anything I said.

Are you trying to defend the Chief Denigrater?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 10:38 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:57 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: OK, so you think the system isn’t racist, but Republicans willuse it that way? I’m not sure how you think it’ll happen if the system is based on numbers.

I'm not sure how you think numbers can't be manipulated to reach a desired outcome.

I can’t know because you won’t explain how it will be used that way. A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country. Insert the education, work experience, talent, etc standard then I don’t know how anyone can change that to be racist or why you think republicans will use it that why. 

Maybe you can explain because you haven’t yet

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 03:33 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-12-2017, 11:59 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Got to love playing that what-if game as an excuse to denigrate with the term "moron."  If that doesn't work, be sexist and go with "Trophy Wife."

What are you babbling about? I see you didn't try to deny anything I said.

Are you trying to defend the Chief Denigrater?

What’s your point? It’s funny because, if a conservative said what you did, then they’d be labeled a bigot and misogynist. 

You guys act like the merit system will be extremely difficult. I know you  want to believe modeling isn’t a Nobel’s profession, but she was a supermodel in her teens and knows 5 languages. She’s not a Nobel winner, but it seems like you’re just upset that most illegals probably wouldn’t make the cut.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM by TJBender.)

(10-12-2017, 03:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:38 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'm not sure how you think numbers can't be manipulated to reach a desired outcome.

I can’t know because you won’t explain how it will be used that way. A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country. Insert the education, work experience, talent, etc standard then I don’t know how anyone can change that to be racist or why you think republicans will use it that why. 

A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country
A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country

You said it yourself. If the merit system is based on country rather than, you know, merit, or artificial rules are affixed that place one group at an advantage over the other, then a merit system can indeed be made to exclude people of certain nationalities and, wait for it, races.

Unless you want to convince me that the Englishman with a high school education who wants to "see the world" is of greater merit than the Mexican carpenter who's uneducated but extremely skilled in a trade that the US is rapidly running out of skilled tradesmen for.

(10-12-2017, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I can’t know because you won’t explain how it will be used that way. A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country. Insert the education, work experience, talent, etc standard then I don’t know how anyone can change that to be racist or why you think republicans will use it that why. 

You said it yourself. If the merit system is based on country rather than, you know, merit, or artificial rules are affixed that place one group at an advantage over the other, then a merit system can indeed be made to exclude people of certain nationalities and, wait for it, races.

Unless you want to convince me that the Englishman with a high school education who wants to "see the world" is of greater merit than the Mexican carpenter who's uneducated but extremely skilled in a trade that the US is rapidly running out of skilled tradesmen for.

Except that JNG was wrong. A merit system does not set up quotas based on country (or race, sex, religion). That's something the Left does, not conservatives.

I'm not familiar with the details of the proposal (and maybe it hasn't even been fleshed out yet) but if it's truly a merit system, then there can be no discrimination by country, although the ability to speak English may be a factor.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-12-2017, 07:19 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country

Except that JNG was wrong. A merit system does not set up quotas based on country (or race, sex, religion). That's something the Left does, not conservatives.

I'm not familiar with the details of the proposal (and maybe it hasn't even been fleshed out yet) but if it's truly a merit system, then there can be no discrimination by country, although the ability to speak English may be a factor.

I thought we had a quota system. After looking at a few articles, it looks like it’s focused on getting the best possible immigrant regardless of country-of-origin.

(10-12-2017, 01:12 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Is there anything to be said for letting more poor people in to use as a food source?

Not until they come out with some really good recipes first.

Probably have to boil them first to steam out the bad stuff

(10-12-2017, 11:16 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 09:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Regardless of my hatred for Trump, Melania studied Design and Photography in her native land and she speaks 6 languages. The woman is pretty bright. Personally, I believe she is much more intelligent than her half-wit husband. She would've had no problem getting into this country without her husband's influence.

lol ... you just have to say you studied "Design and Photography" and you're in? Great.

I think she studied Trophy Wife 101 and passed with flying colors. I guess a rich moron is better than an middle class moron.

What part of speaking 6 languages don't you understand? You can't be an idiot and speak that many languages. There are so many opportunities out there for people who can communicate with people of different cultures. Hell, I took 4 years of Spanish and only remember "mi perro es bueno", which translates to "my dog is well." I've always admired people who can fluently speak more than one language and to know six, is extremely impressive. As for her ability to put up with her braggadocious, self important, moron of a husband, well........... she must REALLY like money.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 01:46 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-13-2017, 12:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:12 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not until they come out with some really good recipes first.

Probably have to boil them first to steam out the bad stuff

people taste like chicken so you just need some good ole cajun recipes.

actually, the Jeffrey Dahmer recipe book is finally out.

(10-12-2017, 07:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: A merit system will presumably sax X number of people will be allowed from X country

Banana ..... worked really hard on that equation ....

(10-11-2017, 09:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 06:57 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I wonder how many points Melania scored on Donald's merit system, especially as compared to Ivana.

They each had employment, personal means, and an education, so both easily make the cut.

I was really talking about his personal merit system, which includes readjustments for aging.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 12:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:16 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... you just have to say you studied "Design and Photography" and you're in? Great.

What part of speaking 6 languages don't you understand? You can't be an idiot and speak that many languages. There are so many opportunities out there for people who can communicate with people of different cultures. Hell, I took 4 years of Spanish and only remember "mi perro es bueno", which translates to "my dog is well." I've always admired people who can fluently speak more than one language and to know six, is extremely impressive. As for her ability to put up with her braggadocious, self important, moron of a husband, well........... she must REALLY like money.

Boy, howdy.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

FSG's "Merit" System:

Female: 2 points
Identifies as Female: 2 points
Hetero: 2 points Bi: 5 points Homo: DQ'd
Age 18 to 26: 1 point 27 to 39: 2 points 40 to 49: 1 point
Blonde: 1 point Brunette: 2 points Redhead: 5 points
4'6 to 5'4: 1 point 5'5 to 7'0: 2 points
BMI - 14 to 25: 2 points BMI - 25+: 1 point
IQ/EQ <80: 1 point >80: 2 points >120: 5 points
Highest level of education: HS: 1 point College: 2 points Grad School: 2 points Medical School: 10 points
Looks/Complexion - Standard 10 point scale

Like the used car dealership, all applications accepted.

Minimum score required: 25.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2017, 10:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FSG's "Merit" System:

Hetero:   2 points   Bi: 5 points   Homo: DQ'd
Age 18 to 26: 1 point    27 to 39: 2 points   40 to 49: 1 point
Blonde: 1 point    Brunette: 2 points     Redhead: 5 points
4'6 to 5'4: 1 point     5'5 to 7'0: 2 points
BMI - 14 to 25: 2 points    BMI - 25+: 1 point
IQ/EQ <80: 1 point   >80: 2 points   >120: 5 points
Highest level of education: HS: 1 point   College: 2 points  Grad School: 2 points Medical School: 10 points

I can agree with this for the most part.  May want to tweak it a bit.  Your formula allows for a seven foot tall ugly ginger to enter provided she went to med school and of the right age.  I’m not sure really any seven foot tall girl should be allowed 2 points.  That should be another DQ.

Wink 

(10-13-2017, 01:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 12:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Probably have to boil them first to steam out the bad stuff

people taste like chicken so you just need some good ole cajun recipes.

actually, the Jeffrey Dahmer recipe book is finally out.

Banana ..... worked really hard on that equation ....

Actually, they supposedly taste like pork. The natives in the Pacific Islands who practiced cannibalism, called human meat "long pig," because of it's similarity to pork. I'd probably use a good barbecue sauce and a nice dry rub if you were going to engage in such dining habits.   Wink

(10-14-2017, 01:39 PM)Jags Wrote:

Highest level of education: HS: 1 point   College: 2 points  Grad School: 2 points Medical School: 10 points

I can agree with this for the most part.  May want to tweak it a bit.  Your formula allows for a seven foot tall ugly ginger to enter provided she went to med school and of the right age.  I’m not sure really any seven foot tall girl should be allowed 2 points.  That should be another DQ.

Tall girl is like King Kong climbing the Empire State Building.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Attack helicopter: 26

(10-14-2017, 09:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Attack helicopter: 26

Bell or Sikorsky?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-14-2017, 11:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:40 PM)TJBender Wrote: Attack helicopter: 26

Bell or Sikorsky?

Hughes, by way of Boeing and McDonnell Douglas.

(10-15-2017, 09:28 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Bell or Sikorsky?

Hughes, by way of Boeing and McDonnell Douglas.

Apache?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-15-2017, 11:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:28 AM)TJBender Wrote: Hughes, by way of Boeing and McDonnell Douglas.

Apache?

Dude, my avatar. That ain't no pathetic little Whiskey Cobra.