Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
iPhone 8+ vs Galaxy S8

I have an LG K20+.

It was cheap, and seems to do everything I want. It even has a fingerprint scanner on the back where my finger actually rests.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IPhones are for girls

(10-05-2017, 07:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: Look into Chinese phones they have for sale..
You can get incredibly high spec phones, with better batteries at much lower prices than a Samsung or iPhone. Usually around 200/300 dollars cheaper for similar specs.

Shop around and you can get some really good deals.

I have a Huawei P9 and my wife has the P10.. we love our phones. Battery life is great even with heavy usage. Dual rear camera means we get really good pictures and videos. Both phones perform really well..

I have nothing against iPhone's at all.. from a tech-novice point of view, Android and Apple phones tend to do pretty much the same thing (instead of iMessage and FaceTime I use WhatsApp for text/video calling, or Skype). I used to have iPhones all the time until about 4 years ago.. the only reason I jumped over to Android was the simple fact that the Tariff I was on was substantially cheaper per month. I'm saving myself at least £10 per month plus getting extras on my Tariff (Sports Channels for the duration of the contract, for instance).
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I have an S8 and it's great, no flaws that I can tell. Never owned an iPhone but have a mac. Apple makes good hardware in my opinion but too expensive and their OS can be iffy sometimes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Glad OP went Android. I work in wireless and I would take Android over Apple every day of the week.

Whoever said check out Chinese phones is right. Huawei, xiaomi, meizu, or oneplus make phenomenal phones, especially with price considered.

Also as of a price drop within the past couple days, check out the Essential ph-1. Terrific hardware created by Andy Rubin who created Android, the price just dropped to $500, it's by far the best deal on any cell phone right now.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-23-2017, 07:15 AM)Achilles Wrote: Whoever said check out Chinese phones is right. Huawei, xiaomi, meizu, or oneplus make phenomenal phones, especially with price considered.

Gotta wait until 2020 or 2024 for those options since we cut off imports from China.

(10-23-2017, 02:32 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:15 AM)Achilles Wrote: Whoever said check out Chinese phones is right. Huawei, xiaomi, meizu, or oneplus make phenomenal phones, especially with price considered.

Gotta wait until 2020 or 2024 for those options since we cut off imports from China.

Gonna be tough to get those MAGA hats...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-23-2017, 07:15 AM)Achilles Wrote: Glad OP went Android. I work in wireless and I would take Android over Apple every day of the week.

Whoever said check out Chinese phones is right. Huawei, xiaomi, meizu, or oneplus make phenomenal phones, especially with price considered.

Also as of a price drop within the past couple days, check out the Essential ph-1. Terrific hardware created by Andy Rubin who created Android, the price just dropped to $500, it's by far the best deal on any cell phone right now.

Thanks my man, picked one up today.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 07:43 PM by Achilles. Edit Reason: Spelling )

(10-24-2017, 01:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:15 AM)Achilles Wrote: Glad OP went Android. I work in wireless and I would take Android over Apple every day of the week.

Thanks my man, picked one up today.

Not a problem, sir. You won't be disappointed. If the camera feels weird make sure you have the latest software updates installed, otherwise it's very impressive for $500.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-24-2017, 07:42 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 01:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Thanks my man, picked one up today.

Not a problem, sir. You won't be disappointed. If the camera feels weird make sure you have the latest software updates installed, otherwise it's very impressive for $500.

I’ve been reading about the camera issues but it seems ok for me, I did all the updates straight away and I’m not really the biggest picture taker in the world.

I was having an issue receiving calls but I guess it’s something that needs to be ironed out with Verizon. 

That screen though.  Love