Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL MLB PLAYOFF THREAD ***

Wow .... that was surprisingly good yesterday (Sox v Astros // Yankees v Indians)

I really haven't watched baseball in 2 years but now I'm looking forward to the rest of the MLB playoffs.

..... coming off of the extremely boring NBA playoffs, this is a welcome change.  This hurts because I used to look forward to the NBA season & playoffs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jose Altuve is a beast.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

David Price shut down the Astros yesterday and some of the ongoing criticism of his inability to pitch well in the offseason. If the RS win Game 4 and get a rain day or two, maybe Price would start G5 in Houston over Pomeranz (assuming Sale starts G4)?

All sports are better in the Playoffs (duh), hockey being the best; there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup Finals.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-09-2017, 10:16 AM)PF* Wrote: David Price shut down the Astros yesterday and some of the ongoing criticism of his inability to pitch well in the offseason. If the RS win Game 4 and get a rain day or two, maybe Price would start G5 in Houston over Pomeranz (assuming Sale starts G4)?

All sports are better in the Playoffs (duh), hockey being the best; there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup Finals.

Except for the NBA right now.   Wallbash

Looks like Porcello will go in G4 and Sale in G5. leaving Price in the 'pen.

I don't watch any NBA now and only loosely keep an eye on the Celtics.

(10-09-2017, 12:03 PM)PF* Wrote: Looks like Porcello will go in G4 and Sale in G5. leaving Price in the 'pen.

I don't watch any NBA now and only loosely keep an eye on the Celtics.

Wow .... both managers coached like it was a do-or-die.  Sale & Verlander coming out of the bullpen --- sweet !!

Yankees at Cleveland tonight !!   Gonna be rockin'

Been trying to get into baseball for years but just couldn't get it.

Watched the Indians game tonight and loved every minute. That at batt by Gardener was crazy

Id like to see the Cubs out tonight and the Yanks out in their next series. Big Grin
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Joe Madden seems to make the right managing decisions much more often than not. If the Cubs get even a split in the first 2 games of the NCLS ( that won't be easy with Wade Davis realistically not going to be available at least in Game 1 ), I like their chances to pull off the upset in the series vs. Los Angeles. The Cubs seem to have a knack for winning close games when there's high stakes. Will this be enough against the top team in the NL in the regular season? Time will tell. Prediction: Cubs in 7.

Dodgers are done. [BLEEP] chokers

John Smoltz is the worst color guy IMO. His constant droning on about setting up hitters and what should be thrown and what he would throw...etc...just got old after 2 innings. I had to shut the sound off it was so bad. Sometimes he didn't even make sense as he got lost in his own explanation. Fire him now, get a story-teller in there.

Ken Rosenthal, what can you say? Whose little brother is he anyway? His "interviews" are pathetically vanilla, "When you threw that strike, tell us how you felt." Deep stuff.

An announcer complaint-fest wouldn't be complete without a slap at Dan Fouts. I hate his voice, I think he's stupid and biased, and...why not- he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame- he never won anything.

What say you, Hurricane!?