Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette = Trent Richardson?

Mods, please pin this thread...

It'll be a great offseason thread to repost.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-08-2017, 08:15 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Finally, someone has topped my "Dante Fowler is a bust" thread.

Maybe we should keep making these threads!

It isn’t working for Bortles.  Undecided

Fournette had a game today that said....."this is my team now, this is now our identity"

He's gonna be great. The way he runs over guys. Guys jump up in his face bc they know he's a load. 22 mph just unloading on you....yeah....good luck with that 60 minutes a game. He's a stud. A straight up stud.

(10-08-2017, 02:02 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 01:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Seldomwrong should be your new moniker.

Thank you. Glad you can recognize some truth coming at you.

Lol, I didn't sleep last night and totally butchered that! Just like you.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-08-2017, 09:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I always thought Fournette was more like Earl Campbell.

Not a bad comparison. At risk of getting blasted, Fournette's running has occasionally reminded me of early-game Eddie George in his prime. George's career average was something like 3.7ypc, but that's because he was getting 3.7 yards on every carry. Powerful downhill runner who could get another yard or more after contact, and drag a couple of defenders along for the ride.

What Fournette has that George never had is speed. In the fourth quarter, George would maybe be up to four yards before someone caught him, but as we saw today, Fournette is capable of breaking loose when the defense finally caves to him.

We all assumed he had that break away speed because he did it often in College. We seen some early flashes of explosiveness in the first few games this season, but not the real thing. Today we all saw it and it was impressive. I knew he was pretty fast, but a man his size shouldn't be that damn fast. He straight up ran away from them CB/S and it wasn't even close. 

Defenses are without a doubt going to be on notice now. They knew to give him some respect already for being a big punishing RB, but now it's certain. Not only is he going to run through you, but one missed run fit on Defense and he is going too the house. Have fun trying to chase him down from behind if he gets a step.

On YouTube they are saying he's Bettis and Fred Taylor mixed...

That's just awesome

#2 in rushing in the NFL and this clown is comparing him to that bum? Wow
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-08-2017, 09:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I always thought Fournette was more like Earl Campbell.

Not a bad comparison. At risk of getting blasted, Fournette's running has occasionally reminded me of early-game Eddie George in his prime. George's career average was something like 3.7ypc, but that's because he was getting 3.7 yards on every carry. Powerful downhill runner who could get another yard or more after contact, and drag a couple of defenders along for the ride.

What Fournette has that George never had is speed. In the fourth quarter, George would maybe be up to four yards before someone caught him, but as we saw today, Fournette is capable of breaking loose when the defense finally caves to him.

Thats not really a good comparison, Fournette isnt an upright runner plus like you said he has break away speed, your only looking at his ypc but that was just in 4 games and he has faced the most 8 man fronts in the NFL with such a small sample size. 

Once Fournette gets a real QB that defenses will have to respect he will be even better, avg about 4.5 ypc.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Westbrook will open the field up more. Watch and see..

But to the last poster....he faced an 8 and 9 man front all day today and still had 181 yards. So the QB doesn't really matter to Fournette. He's the type of player that's gonna get his regardless.

(10-08-2017, 11:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: On YouTube they are saying he's Bettis and Fred Taylor mixed...

That's just awesome

He can't cut like Fred, or at least he doesn't. But if did, man that would be awesome. Honestly hes quite a bit more physical than Fred was, but he is similar that he is a specimen athletically. Fred loved juking people out of their shoes, Fornette just trucks. Actually wish he would add a bit more of Freds moves to his game, with his speed and power, it would overwhelm the D.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Christian Okoye.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I can't stop watching that clip of him waving Mike Mitchell in, like "C'mon, bring it on". The kid just RELISHES contact and dishing out punishment. Even when Mitchell TRIED to blast him, he lowered the shoulder, went over and picked up a few more yards and then bounced back up while Mitchell paraded like a 4 year old even though they were down like 2 possessions.

This kid is special and will get even better once we got a QB who can spread the ball better.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

And den?

(10-09-2017, 07:58 AM)NCJag Wrote: I can't stop watching that clip of him waving Mike Mitchell in, like "C'mon, bring it on".  The kid just RELISHES contact and dishing out punishment.  Even when Mitchell TRIED to blast him, he lowered the shoulder, went over and picked up a few more yards and then bounced back up while Mitchell paraded like a 4 year old even though they were down like 2 possessions.

This kid is special and will get even better once we got a QB who can spread the ball better.

Mitchell made the tackle like he was supposed to, but got up and ran his mouth like he just out muscled Fournette.  Fournette was waving him on for straight up contact.  Mitchell went low to get the tackle.  Smart thing to do in the sense of the game, but nothing to get up and start running his mouth about like he took the contact that Fournette was offering.  He didn't because he knows what would have happened.

One thing I HAVE noticed is that Fournette is a HUGE upgrade over what we've had these past few years...no offense intended to either Ivory or Yeldon.

It's been hard to watch these past few years just how bad the running game was for this team. It's great to see a good running back scoring regularly again! Now if they could just open up the passing game a bit more, make it more difficult for defenses to predict when either is going to happen, that'd just be terrific.

(10-09-2017, 12:41 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: On YouTube they are saying he's Bettis and Fred Taylor mixed...

That's just awesome

He can't cut like Fred, or at least he doesn't. But if did, man that would be awesome. Honestly hes quite a bit more physical than Fred was, but he is similar that he is a specimen athletically. Fred loved juking people out of their shoes, Fornette just trucks. Actually wish he would add a bit more of Freds moves to his game, with his speed and power, it would overwhelm the D.

He used multiple spin moves. Stiff arm is legit. But he's a 1 or 2 cut runner.

https://streamable.com/xu7lx

I love how every running back that comes through here inevitably gets compared to Freddy T. If anything Fournette is a bigger version of MJD. has POWER, speed, great pad level, great out of the backfield and a nose for the mark in short yardage and goal line situations. I'm amazed that no one else sees the parallels yet.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Nobody will ever compare to Freddy T as he was the perfect mix of size and moves. Hard to compare with mjd too as he was such a unique size/player.

All RBs are unique. No two of them are alike.