Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Offical Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans Game Night Thread***

(10-08-2017, 11:52 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:46 PM)JNev Wrote: Watson had an admittedly nice 50 yd TD pass but that’s where the impressive play ends. KC has him bottled up because he just wants to scramble so much. They’re rushing 3 and spying him really effectively. Not impressed honestly

10 touchdowns in his last two games.

(10-08-2017, 11:18 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I still think those things.

That's unfortunate.

Any kind of pressure ruins the kid, he misses wide open targets, and he throws bad INTs.

I get that he's thrown a ton of garbage time TDs tonight, bit still.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 12:16 AM by Mr.Scarface.)

(10-08-2017, 11:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: 10 touchdowns in his last two games.

That's unfortunate.

Any kind of pressure ruins the kid, he misses wide open targets, and he throws bad INTs.

he threw 2 TDs that were "garbage time".  You can keep Psyching yourself out............but every throw......every TD....confidence grows.  Which would u rather have:  Bortles or Watson?

BTW......What Int's? 5 TDs...no INTs. LOL. Grasping at straws........

(10-08-2017, 11:52 PM)JNev Wrote: Watson overthrowing and straight up missing guys left and right. He looks to scramble 3 seconds after the snap. 14/28 passing right now. Racking up garbage time stats

Although it was completely useless Deshaun Watson did prove he has the ability to run a two-minute drill with no timeouts left. As for that thing called ball placement (LOL), he often threw it so high only the intended receiver could get it. Taking advantage of a tall man's height is part of a QB's football IQ. So basically what I saw was a QB who has the football IQ to be a franchise changer if his arm talent catches up.

(10-08-2017, 11:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Any kind of pressure ruins the kid, he misses wide open targets, and he throws bad INTs.

NBC let everyone know Deshaun Watson is the second rookie QB ever to score eight touchdowns in two games. The first was another college dual threat QB, Robert Griffin. That is a fun fact Texans fans might want to remember and let sink in for a while.

BTW he did not score a ton of garbage time TDs. The Texans scored on offense in the air and on the ground. It was too little, too late at the end, but that garbage time TD will carry over to next week.

(10-08-2017, 11:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: 10 touchdowns in his last two games.

That's unfortunate.

And he's still better than Bortles. Even as a rookie. He's on track to break the rookie TD record.

It's crazy how elusive Watson is in the pocket. Several Chief defenders had shots at sacks. All that running around triggers holding calls though. He can throw the ball downfield also. What is letting the Texans down is their defense and special teams. There's some garbage time fluff on the stat sheet but you can't deny the ability. We'll see the next time they get in a tight game against a real pass rush. He looked pretty bad against Cincinnati.
No pain, no gain.

Poor Houston. Once it looks like they finally have it figured out on both sides of the ball, they lose their 2 best defenders, and Clowney just looks ordinary. Watson has been impressive but I expect him to have a pretty large sophomore slump after there is more tape.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:06 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-09-2017, 01:44 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: It's crazy how elusive Watson is in the pocket. Several Chief defenders had shots at sacks. All that running around triggers holding calls though. He can throw the ball downfield also. What is letting the Texans down is their defense and special teams. There's some garbage time fluff on the stat sheet but you can't deny the ability. We'll see the next time they get in a tight game against a real pass rush. He looked pretty bad against Cincinnati.

Keep in mind Dee Ford was inactive and Tamba Hali is on PUP or IR. If they were on the field, Deshaun Watson would have had no chance to get away. The fact that he is able to do it against the other Chiefs starters is really saying something, however.

Looking bad is typical for a rookie QB making his first NFL start. I would disregard his performance there when assessing his overall success.

(10-09-2017, 08:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Poor Houston. Once it looks like they finally have it figured out on both sides of the ball, they lose their 2 best defenders, and Clowney just looks ordinary. Watson has been impressive but I expect him to have a pretty large sophomore slump after there is more tape.

For me it is just "poor Watt and Mercilus." Big Grin 

Clowney can't do everything by himself. Now he feels the burden of playing two positions and will get double-teams, which make him look ordinary on the stat sheet.

LOL.  My normal starting QB in FF was on a bye this week (Drew Brees) so I snagged Deshaun Watson to "fill in" and he scored me 35.54 fantasy points (a VERY good number).  I made room on my roster by dropping my backup QB (Mathew Stafford) who only put up 15.16 points.

2 things after this game...  the Chiefs are for real and the Texans are doomed.   Big Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Watson is NOT RG III. Just because they are Black and are mobile, doesn't mean they are the same. RG3 was NEVER a pocket passer, Watson is. He doesn't look to run first, he keeps his eyes downfield. Keep trying to convince yourself he is RGIII.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 05:33 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-09-2017, 04:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  My normal starting QB in FF was on a bye this week (Drew Brees) so I snagged Deshaun Watson to "fill in" and he scored me 35.54 fantasy points (a VERY good number).  I made room on my roster by dropping my backup QB (Mathew Stafford) who only put up 15.16 points.

2 things after this game...  the Chiefs are for real and the Texans are doomed.   Big Grin

You should have picked Alex Smith LOL.

(10-09-2017, 04:53 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote: Watson is NOT RG III. Just because they are Black and are mobile, doesn't mean they are the same. RG3 was NEVER a pocket passer, Watson is. He doesn't look to run first, he keeps his eyes downfield. Keep trying to convince yourself he is RGIII.

I did not say they are the same. NBC just noted the statistical comparison of their rookie seasons.

(10-08-2017, 11:57 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:52 PM)JNev Wrote: Watson overthrowing and straight up missing guys left and right. He looks to scramble 3 seconds after the snap. 14/28 passing right now. Racking up garbage time stats

He didn't have a great game..........but what you need to worry about......is that he got 5 TD passes.   He will get better.  LOOK at some of those throws.

There was some garbage time stat padding going on last night from him for sure. He's really erratic and looks to run really quickly if his 1st read isnt open. Great fantasy QB, don;t think he'll ever win anything of consequence

(10-09-2017, 11:29 PM)JNev Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:57 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote: He didn't have a great game..........but what you need to worry about......is that he got 5 TD passes.   He will get better.  LOOK at some of those throws.

There was some garbage time stat padding going on last night from him for sure. He's really erratic and looks to run really quickly if his 1st read isnt open. Great fantasy QB, don;t think he'll ever win anything of consequence

Deshaun Watson showed he is a natural leader and able to run the two-minute offense when it is not garbage time. That is what matters.