Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we get flexed next week? - No,

Any chance we could get flexed next week against the Rams?  Right now the Sunday night game is scheduled to be the 0-5 Giants at the 3-1 Broncos.  With all of the injuries that the Giants sustained today, this game doesn't appear as if it will be very entertaining.  You could move this game to the afternoon spot where the Jags/Rams currently sit, and move our game to the Sunday night.  You also replace the New York television market that you are losing by moving their game with the Los Angeles market.  If Houston loses tonight, the Jaguars would be all by themselves in 1st place in the South against the Rams who are currently tied for 1st in the NFC West.  I know that the odds of this happening are pretty much non-existent, it's just a thought.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They don’t flex games this early in the season, do they?

We've kinda earned a flex...they should give us one.

Nevermind it can't happen. Yes they can flex games starting in Week 5. Between week 5 and week 10, the NFL can flex a maximum of 2 games. However if a game it going to be flexed, it's done with a 12 day notice. So if it's was going to be done, it would have been announced this past Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

No! They don't flex this early in the season and personally as a season ticket holder I am not a fan of home night games. I have to work to pay for those tickets and 5am comes too early.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Nah, need the time change to be a factor and hope it feels like 90+ degree heat/humidity on the field so the rams cant wilt.

I feel like even though they say its a 12 day notice I've seen games flexed with a week notice
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

The NFL should throw us a bone and gives us the number 1 broadcast team on Fox at least.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-08-2017, 11:02 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: The NFL should throw us a bone and gives us the number 1 broadcast team on Fox at least.

Or, you could go to the game.

That would be cool if we got flexed. Im bout it.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

The fact I was able to watch the Jags on local tv in the middle of North Dakota yesterday should say a little something. We’ll get flexed later if the team stays rolling, especially with a lot of the NFL darlings struggling early.

Honestly I don’t want any prime games. We always get smoked!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Even if the Rams game could be flexed, NBC would not consider it. They can't justify showing a team that lost to the Jets and a team that almost lost to the 49ers.

Jags Rams game will not be in that many markets this Sunday but lots of potential eyeballs...  NYC, BOS, LA, Houston are among the cities scheduled to have it...  Right now, FOX 30 is the only Fox outlet in FL because the stupid NFL scheduled the Bucs at the same time so for now the rest of the state is carrying Bucs-AZ game..  That seems to happen a lot where another team in FL plays when Jags do at home.    Maybe South GA FOX outlets will switch as well??

(10-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Doug-H Wrote: Jags Rams game will not be in that many markets this Sunday but lots of potential eyeballs...NYC, BOS, LA, Houston are among the cities scheduled to have it...Right now, FOX 30 is the only Fox outlet in FL because the stupid NFL scheduled the Bucs at the same time so for now the rest of the state is carrying Bucs-AZ game. That seems to happen a lot where another team in FL plays when Jags do at home. Maybe South GA FOX outlets will switch as well??

Fox13 in Gainesville won't show it?  That would be a big mistake because our game will be more entertaining. The Cardinals suck.

(10-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Doug-H Wrote: Jags Rams game will not be in that many markets this Sunday but lots of potential eyeballs...  NYC, BOS, LA, Houston are among the cities scheduled to have it...  Right now, FOX 30 is the only Fox outlet in FL because the stupid NFL scheduled the Bucs at the same time so for now the rest of the state is carrying Bucs-AZ game..  That seems to happen a lot where another team in FL plays when Jags do at home.    Maybe South GA FOX outlets will switch as well??

Weird... I thought the listings didn't come out until Wednesday.
How do you know what markets are catching the game?

Also... late afternoon game probably limits where it can be played due to NFL scheduling rules or some crap.

(10-09-2017, 03:04 PM)Kane Wrote: Weird... I thought the listings didn't come out until Wednesday.
How do you know what markets are catching the game?

Also... late afternoon game probably limits where it can be played due to NFL scheduling rules or some crap.

I have the same question.

Every week except the last one, CBS and Fox should alternate doubleheaders. In Week 17, all 32 teams play on Sunday, so both networks have a doubleheader.

For non-conference games, which network shows them depends on the visiting team's conference. That is why Fox will show the Rams game - they are in the NFC.

There also is a rule that in some markets, no game can be shown if the local team is at home on the other network. Sometimes the single-header is at 4:00 instead of 1:00.

(10-09-2017, 08:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:02 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: The NFL should throw us a bone and gives us the number 1 broadcast team on Fox at least.

Or, you could go to the game.

Let me tell you something my man because obviously you don't know me I have been a season-ticket holder every year since 1997 so I go to every game in addition to going to 2 road games a year since 2010 so please watch your mouth when you are making assumptions about my life.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Too early in the season. I could maybe see us getting a divisional game later in the year. I wouldn't hold my breath over it.
No pain, no gain.

The only games that I can see as being candidates to be flexed based on the Jaguars and their opponent's potential W-L record at the time being worthy of a flex would be in weeks 14, 15 and 17 against the Seahawks, tinhorns and tacks respectively, the tacks being an away game. I don't anticipate any other opponent left on our schedule being worthy enough for a flex. The flex doesn't necessarily have to be into Sunday Night Football either. They could easily flex us from a 1 pm kickoff into the 4 pm slot. I think I prefer the 4 pm home games as much if not more than a Sunday Night game at this point in life. You get a nice long tailgate and are still home in time to relax and unwind afterward. The Seahawks game should be at least a 4 pm game just out of courtesy to Seahawks fans in Seattle.

It's not too early in the season to get flexed. Flexing start last week. TBH jags aren't an exciting enough team on offense in comparison to other teams like GB, DEN, PIT. We're playing too sloppy to be considered.