Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
J.J. Watt out for season with tibial plateau fracture

(10-09-2017, 10:20 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 09:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's an ambulance waiting for him in the tunnel. Not a good sign.

It was right outside the x-ray room, where J.J. Watt was carted directly from the medical tent. Seeing him on crutches after repeatedly trying to put weight on his leg was awful.

(10-09-2017, 08:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I did watch the game schmohock, and I actually post my thoughts during the game and not after. Most people were speculating ACL after it happened. Try to keep up.

Right, and then Michele Tafoya reported it is a tibial plateau fracture. Now who is the one not keeping up?

The entire point of the in-game threads are for fans to interact DURING the game, not come in after and quote response 10 different people. The INITIAL injury appeared to be ACL related due to the non-contact nature of it. Of course we know the facts AFTER the game.

Again, try to keep up. Try participating in an actual thread while a game is going on and it all might start to make more sense to you.

I.e, you can't respond to "That was a terrible pass" with "What are you talking about? His QB rating was great for this game".

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2017, 10:20 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 09:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's an ambulance waiting for him in the tunnel. Not a good sign.

It was right outside the x-ray room, where J.J. Watt was carted directly from the medical tent. Seeing him on crutches after repeatedly trying to put weight on his leg was awful.

(10-09-2017, 08:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I did watch the game schmohock, and I actually post my thoughts during the game and not after. Most people were speculating ACL after it happened. Try to keep up.

Right, and then Michele Tafoya reported it is a tibial plateau fracture. Now who is the one not keeping up?
Do you seriously have to be so snippy or have the last word all the time? And I don't want to hear the other poster was snippy first. This isn't elementary school and you are responsible for how you act and react- no one else makes you do anything. 

Honestly, it gets old.

(10-09-2017, 01:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The entire point of the in-game threads are for fans to interact DURING the game, not come in after and quote response 10 different people. The INITIAL injury appeared to be ACL related due to the non-contact nature of it. Of course we know the facts AFTER the game.

Again, try to keep up. Try participating in an actual thread while a game is going on and it all might start to make more sense to you.

I.e, you can't respond to "That was a terrible pass" with "What are you talking about? His QB rating was great for this game".

If I say Michele Tafoya reported the diagnosis is a tibial plateau fracture, then obviously I am talking about what was said during the game, obviously. What don't you understand?

(10-09-2017, 01:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 01:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The entire point of the in-game threads are for fans to interact DURING the game, not come in after and quote response 10 different people. The INITIAL injury appeared to be ACL related due to the non-contact nature of it. Of course we know the facts AFTER the game.

If I say Michele Tafoya reported the diagnosis is a tibial plateau fracture, then obviously I am talking about what was said during the game, obviously. What don't you understand?

HOLY CRAP! Did Michele Tafoya report the diagnosis 5 seconds AFTER it happened???

(10-09-2017, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 01:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If I say Michele Tafoya reported the diagnosis is a tibial plateau fracture, then obviously I am talking about what was said during the game, obviously. What don't you understand?

HOLY CRAP! Did Michele Tafoya report the diagnosis 5 seconds AFTER it happened???

Not that fast because she knows much better than all the idiots who tweet nonsense.

Oh, fresh hell......

Friendly warning to all...  keep this thread on topic.  Who, when, why the injury was reported is not the topic of the thread.

I personally feel bad for JJ Watt.  Though he is on a divisional rival's team, I enjoy watching him play and feel bad for him.  Here's hoping for a full recovery.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-09-2017, 04:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Friendly warning to all...  keep this thread on topic.  Who, when, why the injury was reported is not the topic of the thread.

I personally feel bad for JJ Watt.  Though he is on a divisional rival's team, I enjoy watching him play and feel bad for him.  Here's hoping for a full recovery.
I feel for him as well. I have always held a grudge against the Jags front office for not taking him. Could you imagine? The Texans are a better team for having him on it, if for no other reason. 

As an aside, he seems to be a great person IRL and I'm hoping he can spend his downtime recuperating and continuing his community efforts. What he did raising that money was astonishing.

Combined with the loss of Mercilus, it is a huge loss for the Texans.

They still have talent on that side of the ball, but pass protection got much easier against them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

J.J. Watt has season-ending surgery to repair fracture

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-fracture

J.J. Watt suffered a bone fracture in his left leg in Sunday's loss to the Chiefs. On Monday morning, the Houston Texans pass rusher tweeted about his injury, apologizing to fans and his teammates.

(10-09-2017, 05:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 04:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I personally feel bad for JJ Watt.  Though he is on a divisional rival's team, I enjoy watching him play and feel bad for him.  Here's hoping for a full recovery.

I feel for him as well. I have always held a grudge against the Jags front office for not taking him. Could you imagine? The Texans are a better team for having him on it, if for no other reason. 

As an aside, he seems to be a great person IRL and I'm hoping he can spend his downtime recuperating and continuing his community efforts. What he did raising that money was astonishing.

I am sure everyone feels bad for him. He was clearly in a lot of pain the whole time. One thing that worries me is after losing the ability to walk and maybe even stand on his left leg, how can he use all that money to help the city recover? He must feel awful about that as well as missing at least 11 games.

What is IRL?

(10-09-2017, 05:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I feel for him as well. I have always held a grudge against the Jags front office for not taking him. Could you imagine? The Texans are a better team for having him on it, if for no other reason. 

One thing that worries me is after losing the ability to walk and maybe even stand on his left leg, how can he use all that money to help the city recover? He must feel awful about that as well as missing at least 11 games.

This could literally be the most bizarre post I've ever seen.  Wow.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-09-2017, 05:42 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: One thing that worries me is after losing the ability to walk and maybe even stand on his left leg, how can he use all that money to help the city recover? He must feel awful about that as well as missing at least 11 games.

This could literally be the most bizarre post I've ever seen.  Wow.

I know he can recruit more volunteers, etc. but that does not take away the feelings about being unable to do a lot of work himself, just like when he will watch his team lose on TV. If you understand the way I think, it will make more sense.

(10-09-2017, 05:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:42 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: This could literally be the most bizarre post I've ever seen.  Wow.

I know he can recruit more volunteers, etc. but that does not take away the feelings about being unable to do a lot of work himself, just like when he will watch his team lose on TV. If you understand the way I think, it will make more sense.

Looks like I was a little premature in my earlier statement.  OMG.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-09-2017, 05:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I feel for him as well. I have always held a grudge against the Jags front office for not taking him. Could you imagine? The Texans are a better team for having him on it, if for no other reason. 

I am sure everyone feels bad for him. He was clearly in a lot of pain the whole time. One thing that worries me is after losing the ability to walk and maybe even stand on his left leg, how can he use all that money to help the city recover? He must feel awful about that as well as missing at least 11 games.

What is IRL?

In Real Life

(10-09-2017, 06:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I am sure everyone feels bad for him. He was clearly in a lot of pain the whole time. One thing that worries me is after losing the ability to walk and maybe even stand on his left leg, how can he use all that money to help the city recover? He must feel awful about that as well as missing at least 11 games.

What is IRL?

In Real Life

Thanks.

The post machine is running wide open.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson