Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we have realistic chance of landing Kirk Cousins?

What if they just gave up this and next years 1st rounders for moving up and drafting a QB (and some 3rds and 4ths or whatever you know the drill)?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2017, 01:25 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: What if they just gave up this and next years 1st rounders for moving up and drafting a QB (and some 3rds and 4ths or whatever you know the drill)?

It'll take at least that much to move up probably much more given that every QB needy team will be having the same idea. I expect there to be a mass exodus of veteran QB's who will likely retire after the season as well. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't use their first round pick on a QB. At this point, I'm 99% sure Ben Roethlisberger retires after the season. Philip Rivers did not want to move to L.A. and has decided to commute to work from San Diego and now he's playing to an empty stadium where the "home team" is openly rooting for the visitors. I can see him getting fed up and walking away as well. Then you have guys like Drew Brees and Carson Palmer who are showing some major dents in the armor as well. Neither would surprise me if they retired after the season. All of these teams could be looking for franchise QB's along with the usual suspects like the Jets, Browns, Niners, Washington and possibly Buffalo. 

This is likely the best QB class in years, so there's gonna be a ton of competition to get one of the limited "top guys." QB's are gonna get pushed way up the board and over drafted and there just isn't enough prospects to fill the vacated QB positions. We'll probably see the highest trade prices we've ever seen to move up in the draft and with the way we are playing, we'll likely be picking in the 20's. That will only make the price tag higher. We may draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year, but I have a feeling there will be slim pickings by then. As of now, I believe we may have to wait until 2019 to find our franchise QB. Hopefully, there will be one in that class. I hope it all works out, because the only thing worse than being a bad team, is being a middle of the road team that gets stuck in complete mediocrity. At least bad teams have a chance at getting franchise QB's at the top of the draft. Mediocre teams have to luck into finding a Dak Prescott or Tom Brady and that can take years. We're so close to being a complete team, but unless we find a consistent QB, we'll be stuck between being a bad team and a good team, always missing that one key component. I'm praying we find a way to get "our QB."

If we have a winning season this year, I see us luring a bigger name here to Jacksonville. I would want a 1st round QB, and Brees if available. Brees or Cousins, but Cousins would put us in a tight cap situation, where good players will get dealt/cut, etc. It's a somewhat good problem to have(tons of good players to try to retain) but I really don't want to see the squad we have now split up, for the most part.

We could go the Bortles route; Restructure a new 2-3 year deal, draft a QB, and use the cap we have not signing a big name QB to upgrade TE, OG, and get a big run stuffer on the line. I think Bortles is decent enough to go one more year while the young QB sits a year(or until he out right beats Bortles out of a job).

(10-09-2017, 10:50 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles will be back in 2018 and hopefully some of the posters won't be.

Your loyalty rivals that of the band that went on playing as the Titanic sank. Kudos.