Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Vikings @ Bears ESPN Monday Night Football Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 06:32 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  Great win by our Jaguars at the Burgh yesterday!  A battle of NFC North rivals renewed, and as the Purple People Eaters visits The Monsters Of The Midway next to Lake Michigan.   Vikings and Bears conclude Week 5 of the NFL schedule.

Minnesota Vikings come 400 miles southeast from Minneapolis to play the Chicago Bears for their 113th all-time regular season meeting, including one postseason game (Bears won in 1994).  Vikings lead the all-time series at 58 wins, 52 losses, and 2 ties (1963 and 1967).

Chicago and Minnesota split wins in their home fields in 2016, Bears winning 20-10 in Chicago, Vikings won 38-10 in Minneapolis.

Sean Mc Donough, Jon Gruden, and Lisa Salters are announcing for ESPN's Monday Night Football, live on HD.

Kevin Harlan and Tony Boselli are also announcing the live radio game on CBS/Westwood One Sports Radio Network, syndicated around the USA, includingh WFXJ The Fox 930AM in Jacksonville, and WRUF 850AM in Gainesville.

A mix and clear and cloudy skies at 67 degrees is the game forecast inside Soldier Field for the 8:30PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

NO injuries, and GO NFC NORTH!   Wink

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/mnf...ers-scores

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017100900...ab=preview

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have 2 words for this game.

FLEX SCHEDULING.

Won't be watching. Doesn't even have any fantasy football interest either!

I know what everyone will talk about tonight: the Bear who wears #10. Mitchell Trubisky did not earn a start. It is exactly what many people expected, Mike Glennon losing his job as the starting QB. John Fox made the decision because Glennon was terrible at Green Bay, throwing three balls to Packers players, and with 10 days before a home game, it is the best time to get Trubisky ready for his first start. As Jaguars fans, we have seen the importance of not judging a rookie QB on his first regular season game against a good pass defense. I expect to see Trubisky take his lumps and be unfairly criticized at times and given slack at others, depending on his mistakes and Minnesota's defense.

Meanwhile the Vikings are guaranteed to have problems on the ground. Dalvin Cook's replacements are also injured, so they had to sign a guy off the street. Sam Bradford's left knee is not fully healed yet either. He clearly needs to win the game with his right arm if Trubisky outplays everyone's expectations.

Because Minnesota is 2-2, I will root for 1-3 Chicago tonight. GO BEARS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ars-on-mnf

I drafted Dalvin Cook in round 4 which looked like a great sleeper. I've since picked up Latavius Murray who I didn't even know was on the Vikes. In any event, he's starting but I got the win already so I'll just watch for a little because I like watching games in the snow.

(10-09-2017, 02:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I drafted Dalvin Cook in round 4 which looked like a great sleeper. I've since picked up Latavius Murray who I didn't even know was on the Vikes. In any event, he's starting but I got the win already so I'll just watch for a little because I like watching games in the snow.

Latavius Marray did not waste much time finding a new team in March. He said he asked to not wear #28 because of how important Adrian Peterson was for the team. (Fun fact: the player he started wearing #28 for was Fred Taylor.)

(10-09-2017, 02:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I have 2 words for this game.

FLEX SCHEDULING.

Meh...  I'll be watching because it's Monday Night Football.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-09-2017, 02:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I have 2 words for this game.

FLEX SCHEDULING.

What are you talking about? The game is on ESPN, which is not allowed to participate in flex scheduling, and as people explained in other threads NBC can't do it either this early.

Exclamation 

GO BEARS!

Hmmm. Trubisky looks way better than Bortles...sigh.

Was wondering when we would see that comment ^^^^

I mean, it's true.  We whiffed.  But hopefully we'll get it right next time.

Bortles looked pretty damn awesome in his first few games, I'll marinate on Trubs a bit.

(10-09-2017, 09:07 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Hmmm.  Trubisky looks way better than Bortles...sigh.

And the rest of Chicago's offense is letting yellow flags fly. Wallbash 

If Bears lose, I will not blame Trubisky for it.

Was hoping for a good game but so far it’s like watching a bad baseball game

That was the stupidest end zone celebration I've ever seen.

Fake punt, Jags of the North

Well that 2 point conversion was creative

Zach Miller, our old Zach Miller, with a 20 yard TD in this game.. I didn't know he was still in the league.. Dude is 33!

(10-09-2017, 10:34 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Fake punt, Jags of the North

Um, our fake punt was a running play, not a pass attempt.

(10-09-2017, 11:16 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Well that 2 point conversion was creative

Definitely. Jon Gruden said he had never seen a play like it.

A lot of people are going to blame Mitchell Trubisky because the interception was his fault, but Chicago should not have been in that position. In the big picture, it was penalties by a lot of teammates and the absence of all four starting linebackers.