Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 6

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM by Bullseye.)

(10-12-2017, 04:35 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: 2-2 last week, 10-7 overall

Texans over Browns (Watson effect)
Colts over Titans (Mularkey effect)
Rams over Jags (Bullseye effect)

I love it...and I don't blame you one bit!

(10-12-2017, 10:00 AM)Kane Wrote: Last Week: 2-2
Overall: 6-11

This week:
Rams
tinhorns
tacks

Here's hoping I go 0-3

Yes.  To Kane going 0-3 this week!

(10-13-2017, 09:58 AM)Deacon Wrote: LAR @ JAX  

Man, it's been a while since I've typed / written / said "LA Rams"! Anyway... What scares me about this is Wade Philips coming to town with that 5 - 2 Defensive front and a bunch of LBs. That being said, they have also had three games this season where they have given up 27+ points. So maybe they aren't completely invulnerable.

McVeigh is the flavor of the week right now in terms of "young, Offensive minded coach" but it sure did seem like Seattle shined a light on how to slow down that offense. McVeigh has racked up points, but he's done it versus some sub par competition. Stop Gurley, drop the LBs into coverage and make Goff beat you. That being said, don't let Goff beat you. 

I think they do it at home since them LA boys are getting their first taste of Southern Heat and Humidity this season. 24 - 13 JAX

CLE @ HOU

I have no idea. This feels like a game where a Bo'B team loses faith since their Church Youth Leader, J.J. Watt, is out for the season ... again. Then again, it's the Browns and they've just made a QB switch ... again. Whatever, go with the slightly better roster at home. Houston wins by a JJ Watt lettermen jacket. 21 - 3 HOU

IND @ TENN

Let's be real here, Indy's offense is sunk without Luck. Yes, they've put up some number versus Cleveland and San Fran, but who hasn't? LeBeau is going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Brissett, then go ahead and throw the sink at him anyway. Tennessee wins by four drops of relative humidity. 24 - 14 TENN 
Welcome back!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 02:35 PM by Perkolater.)

Dang, I want to pick the Jags... but after seeing how the Jets ran on us, I'm not sure we will contain Gurley. So gotta go with LA.

Rams
texans
titans.

8-9 overall.

But we had seemingly no problems containing Le'Veon Bell.

(10-13-2017, 02:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: But we had seemingly no problems containing Le'Veon Bell.

I'd love to be wrong, but until the Jags show the ability to play well multiple weeks in a row I will be doubtful.

(10-13-2017, 02:59 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: But we had seemingly no problems containing Le'Veon Bell.

I'd love to be wrong, but until the Jags show the ability to play well multiple weeks in a row I will be doubtful.

We can't alternate wins and losses forever. I think we are due to end that pattern and get on  a winning steak.

Week # 5 Results: 3-1
Overall Results: 11-6

Houston
LA Rams
Tennessee

(10-13-2017, 04:34 PM)D6 Wrote: Week # 5 Results: 3-1

Houston
LA Rams
Tennessee

Why do you pick the Rams?

(10-13-2017, 04:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:34 PM)D6 Wrote: Week # 5 Results: 3-1

Houston
LA Rams
Tennessee

Why do you pick the Rams?

Two major reasons:

Because DT Aaron Donald is the Rams best player and the Jaguars are w/o their best Offensive Player,  C Brandon Linder.   This is a game the Jaguars can't afford to fall behind to the point that the running game becomes an afterthought.   

The Jaguars have been very good every other week.   They also seem to play better when most expect them to lose.  Keep in mind that  I'm 1-4 in Jaguars games this season (  10-2 in the other AFC South games ).

(10-13-2017, 03:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 05:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I don't believe in the "due" theory either.

We can't alternate wins and losses forever. I think we are due to end that pattern and get on  a winning steak.

There's some irony here somewhere, I'm sure of it.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Jags (We have to do this) , Browns (may be their time).....and Do i have to?....Maybe a Tie?.....oh well - clotz....there I said it.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-13-2017, 04:56 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We can't alternate wins and losses forever. I think we are due to end that pattern and get on  a winning steak.

There's some irony here somewhere, I'm sure of it.

The NFL is full of irony.

Jags

tinhorns

clots

Last week 3-1
Overall  10-7
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-12-2017, 10:00 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gotta give us the back to back wins finally. Would live for Cleveland to win but doubt it, and Monday comes down to if Mariota starts or not. As of right now:

Jax
Hou
Indy (contingent on Cassel starting)

2-2 last week
9-8 overall.

I'll come back to adjust my prediction if Mariota gets the go.

Even if Mariota plays, he will not be more mobile than Cassel.

More mobile =/= better
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-13-2017, 07:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:00 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Even if Mariota plays, he will not be more mobile than Cassel.

More mobile =/= better

What does =/= mean?

(10-13-2017, 08:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: More mobile =/= better

What does =/= mean?

Does not equal
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-13-2017, 08:47 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 08:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What does =/= mean?

Does not equal

Thanks.

More mobile does equal better in some situations. The Titans are lucky they get a crappy opponent.

1-1 so far

I want to be wrong tomorrow.

(10-12-2017, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gotta give us the back to back wins finally. Would live for Cleveland to win but doubt it, and Monday comes down to if Mariota starts or not. As of right now:

Jax
Hou
Indy (contingent on Cassel starting)

2-2 last week
9-8 overall.

I'll come back to adjust my prediction if Mariota gets the go.

Editing as of 7pm Monday to Tennessee winning since Mariota is starting. 

1-1 so far. Want Indy to still pull it out though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 07:24 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-16-2017, 07:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Editing as of 7pm Monday to Tennessee winning since Mariota is starting. 

1-1 so far. Want Indy to still pull it out though.

Quote:Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota is active and scheduled to start Monday evening against the Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...t-vs-colts

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 11:08 AM by Bullseye.)

This week: 2-1
Overall:  8-11 12

Special teams kept the Jaguars from winning and me from going 3-0.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!