Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Free Agent QB's

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 12:28 PM by Pdiddy.)

(10-12-2017, 08:59 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:50 AM)Rico Wrote: So you thought he looked good against the Jets? Really?

No he was bad against the Jets but they could have still won the game and my point is he wasn't the reason why they lost the game like some are claiming on here.

(10-12-2017, 08:55 AM)Frailbones Wrote: He's playing in a division with 3 of the best teams in football. 6 games a year.

Jags plays against poo poo.

Okay that's partly true but that division wasn't so good to prevent him from winning more than 2 games in 2015, 5 games in 2016, and 1-4 this team and that's only because the team on the other side was 0-4 as well so i guess somebody had to win right? My point is Phillip Rivers is overrated and not this superstar qb as some are claiming on here.

I'm going to breakdown what you said leopold. Bortles was bad in the jets game, but he wasn't the reason we lost. .....hmmmm. So the dude who touches the ball every snap, who plays the most important position in all of sports, plays bad and you don't be wanna think that contributes in a major way to a loss. It's  weird you wanna give him credit for "almost winning" a game against a bad team (record doesn't matter, the jets  don't have talent) but you don't want to give him credit for poor play and handicapping this team

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 11:19 AM)Frailbones Wrote: I'm just having a hard time seeing Brees leave NO. I would love a Brees and Rudolph/Mayfield tandem to start next season though.

Skins can throw a transition tag on Cousins which means they can match whatever contract another team gives him.

If the Bengals are truly gonna give the keys to McCarron, I'd take Dalton in a heartbeat.

The Redskins can put the franchise tag on Kirk Cousins again. Giving him the transition tag would be stupid because they get no compensation if the 49ers go after him.

Andy Dalton is not leaving Cincy. A.J. McCarron could be available though.

(10-12-2017, 12:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:19 AM)Frailbones Wrote: I'm just having a hard time seeing Brees leave NO. I would love a Brees and Rudolph/Mayfield tandem to start next season though.

Skins can throw a transition tag on Cousins which means they can match whatever contract another team gives him.

If the Bengals are truly gonna give the keys to McCarron, I'd take Dalton in a heartbeat.

The Redskins can put the franchise tag on Kirk Cousins again. Giving him the transition tag would be stupid because they get no compensation if the 49ers go after him.

Oddly enough, a transition tag might be their best option. If the franchise him it’ll cost almost 35 million against the cap for 1 year. He would be the highest paid qb by a mile and they wouldn’t be able to field a competitive t am around him. 

The transition tag may at least allow them to match a better priced deal

(10-12-2017, 01:20 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Redskins can put the franchise tag on Kirk Cousins again. Giving him the transition tag would be stupid because they get no compensation if the 49ers go after him.

Oddly enough, a transition tag might be their best option. If the franchise him it’ll cost almost 35 million against the cap for 1 year. He would be the highest paid qb by a mile and they wouldn’t be able to field a competitive t am around him. 

The transition tag may at least allow them to match a better priced deal

Financially it makes sense, but giving Kirk Cousins the exclusive franchise tag twice tells me they are unwilling to let him get job somewhere else at any price. Fortunately they do not have a stupid GM anymore, so Bruce Allen can make a smarter decision.

(10-12-2017, 10:12 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:26 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: The game planning by the Jags coaching staff tells me exactly how Blake is performing. They do not want him to pass the ball. 

If you have a girlfriend who can't cook, you don't tell her she is a crappy cook. You just insist on going out to eat a lot.

Maybe just Maybe that's how the coaching staff wants to play base on their old school values because Maroone played the same way during his time in Buffalo. The titans plays the same way and is that an indictment on Marcus Mariotta who has thrown 452 attempts which was the lowest in the league last year. Whatever this team does i just want to win even if that is replacing Blake with someone else that's not on the roster.
So it is Marrone willingly keeping Bortles from showing us all how wrong we are? No NFL coach is going to decide "meh, we don't need to run the ball and abuse teams with the play action".

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 12:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Andy Dalton might not have a say in the matter...
He hasn't been playing great going back to last year and there is a reason why the bungels had such a high price on McCarron for trade in the offseason.

I would not be surprised at all to see McCarron starting next year in the orange and black.
Dalton's contract has an 'out' in 2018 leaving them with minimal cap damage if they choose to cut him.
They also could trade him probably, considering his contract that is left is not bank breaking, 16-17 mil per year for the final 3 years of the deal and 0 left to pay in guarantees.

(10-12-2017, 03:47 PM)Kane Wrote: Andy Dalton might not have a say in the matter...
He hasn't been playing great going back to last year and there is a reason why the bungels had such a high price on McCarron for trade in the offseason.

I would not be surprised at all to see McCarron starting next year in the orange and black.
Dalton's contract has an 'out' in 2018 leaving them with minimal cap damage if they choose to cut him.
They also could trade him probably, considering his contract that is left is not bank breaking, 16-17 mil per year for the final 3 years of the deal and 0 left to pay in guarantees.

Last year and the first two weeks of this year, Andy Dalton had a terrible OC. If he improves with the interim OC, cutting him would not be as easy as you think for the Bungles. That could change. It could stay the same. Right now I prefer not to think Dalton will be out of Cincinnati until rumors start swirling about it in the media.