Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Mid-Season Rankings

(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I actually think Rudolph goes before Mayfield, because he has a squeaky clean image, whereas Mayfield is a bit of a risk, off the field. Right now, I have Rosen going #1 to the Browns, Lamar Jackson going to the Giants, Denver trading for Kirk Cousins, Washington taking Mason Rudolph via the Broncos pick and the Jets taking Mayfield. For the record, I have us selecting

1. WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
2. QB Riley Ferguson, Memphis 
3. TE Ian Thomas, Indiana 
4. OG Skyler Phillips, Idaho State 
6. CB Deion Harris, North Dakota State 
7. LB Dalton Herrington, New Mexico State 
7. OT/OG Austin Corbett, Nevada
Franchise/ReSign: AR15 and  Omameh
Bortles gets reduced pay or cut
Colvin/Lee/Lewis allowed to walk

1.) Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis  (I think this kid is going to be the next Antonio Brown...2 years in a row of 1400+ yards and 14+TDs)
2.) Riley Ferguson - QB - Memphis (I have been calling for this guy for over 2 months...I hope he last til this pick but we might have to trade further up into the 2nd round.)
3.) Troy Fumagalli - TE - Wisconsin (TE that can block and catch...our identity is still run 1st and Fumagalli will take over Mercede's role)
4.)Desmond Harris - OT - West Georgia (Off the field issues have caused him to fall but another big body to add to the OL)
6.)Jordan Wilkins - RB - Ole Miss (Bigger back that averaged 6.5 YPC and broke 1k for an offense know as a pass 1st team also has great hands)
7.) BACB
7.)BACB

You really think Fumagalli lasts that long?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 04:15 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

(12-05-2017, 03:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Franchise/ReSign: AR15 and  Omameh
Bortles gets reduced pay or cut
Colvin/Lee/Lewis allowed to walk

1.) Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis  (I think this kid is going to be the next Antonio Brown...2 years in a row of 1400+ yards and 14+TDs)
2.) Riley Ferguson - QB - Memphis (I have been calling for this guy for over 2 months...I hope he last til this pick but we might have to trade further up into the 2nd round.)
3.) Troy Fumagalli - TE - Wisconsin (TE that can block and catch...our identity is still run 1st and Fumagalli will take over Mercede's role)
4.)Desmond Harris - OT - West Georgia (Off the field issues have caused him to fall but another big body to add to the OL)
6.)Jordan Wilkins - RB - Ole Miss (Bigger back that averaged 6.5 YPC and broke 1k for an offense know as a pass 1st team also has great hands)
7.) BACB
7.)BACB

You really think Fumagalli lasts that long?

Could be wishful thinking but feel he is down the line of some of the other TEs.

Last year 6 TEs went in the 1st three rounds...

This year Andrews, Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki, Fumagalli are all guys I'd take.  Others like Caleb Wilson if we want more of a receiver TE which some other teams would prefer making 1 of the above fall.

(12-05-2017, 04:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 03:19 PM)Kane Wrote: You really think Fumagalli lasts that long?

Could be wishful thinking but feel he is down the line of some of the other TEs.

This year Andrews, Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki, Fumagalli are all guys I'd take.  Others like Caleb Wilson if we want more of a receiver TE which some other teams would prefer making 1 of the above fall.

I've heard some say he's the best all around TE in the draft. 
In my most recent mock draft thru fanspeak I nabbed him in the 2nd thinking he wouldn't make it to the 3rd.

(12-05-2017, 04:29 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Could be wishful thinking but feel he is down the line of some of the other TEs.

I've heard some say he's the best all around TE in the draft. 
In my most recent mock draft thru fanspeak I nabbed him in the 2nd thinking he wouldn't make it to the 3rd.

I'd say Andrews is the best all around...but Hurst, Fumagalli and Gesicki are pretty good all around as well.  Goedert and Wilson are more of the receiver types.

This is the deepest TE draft I think I've ever seen.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 05:32 PM by JackCity.)

(12-05-2017, 04:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is the deepest TE draft I think I've ever seen.

I'd totally disagree. For one it's nowhere near last year. Theres only a handful of startable TEs in this year's class.

Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki are real nice. Fumagalli is solid but not dynamic at all. Runs like he's 35. Hurst is meh. Brenaman is a decent move TE but more of mid-late round guy. Wilson's okay but in that purely move TE role. Not a starter level.

(12-05-2017, 05:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is the deepest TE draft I think I've ever seen.

I'd totally disagree. For one it's nowhere near last year. Theres only a handful of startable TEs in this year's class.

Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki are real nice.  Fumagalli is solid but not dynamic at all. Runs like he's 35. Hurst is meh. Brenaman is a decent move TE but more of mid-late round guy. Wilson's okay but in that purely move TE role. Not a starter level.

Agree, last year for me was a good bit better

Yeah this TE class is good but it's a distant 2nd in this generations TE class ranks after last years.

2010 would have been regarded as a very deep TE class at the time also.

I think Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst, Thomas, Breneman and Herndon (assuming he comes back from injury), can all be solid starters in the NFL. I think Andrews is special. He reminds me of Travis Kelce.

I think this is one of the deepest OT and QB classes.

(12-05-2017, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think this is one of the deepest OT and QB classes.

Other than Connor Williams and Orlando Brown, I think this OT class is pretty average. As for the QB class, I'll have to see who enters the draft and who stays. Rosen should be a lock to enter, since he doesn't fit Chip Kelly's system. I'm betting Lamar Jackson enters as well. Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are the wildcards. They both need to stay in school, but my gut tells me Allen will enter the draft and regret it. I see him falling to the top of round 2.

(12-05-2017, 08:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst, Thomas, Breneman and Herndon (assuming he comes back from injury), can all be solid starters in the NFL. I think Andrews is special. He reminds me of Travis Kelce.

Yeah I guess this is actually a pretty deep class. I don't rate Hurst or Thomas too high but Herndon I like from what I've seen.

(12-05-2017, 05:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki are real nice.  Fumagalli is solid but not dynamic at all. Rumns like he's 35. Hurst is meh. Brenaman is a decent move TE but more of mid-late round guy. Wilson's okay but in that purely move TE role. Not a starter level.

Whoa whoa whoa.

(12-06-2017, 02:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd totally disagree. For one it's nowhere near last year. Theres only a handful of startable TEs in this year's class.

Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki are real nice.  Fumagalli is solid but not dynamic at all. Rumns like he's 35. Hurst is meh. Brenaman is a decent move TE but more of mid-late round guy. Wilson's okay but in that purely move TE role. Not a starter level.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Typo, was meant to be 55......

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018, 08:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-05-2017, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: Darnolds returning to USC. And nah not a boat load of high picks, depends on where we're drafting,  where the QBs are falling, who's left. 

Point is I'd rather be too aggressive in landing my QB than not aggressive enough. You don't want to sell the whole future for him in a Herschel type deal of course.

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Even if this entire scenario came to pass, I'd still be against signing Kirk Cousins. He's just way too expensive and he's not a top tier QB. He's not worth putting ourselves in future "cap Hell."

Agreed.

Didn't realize Darnold announced he's staying in school

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Even if this entire scenario came to pass, I'd still be against signing Kirk Cousins. He's just way too expensive and he's not a top tier QB. He's not worth putting ourselves in future "cap Hell."

Agreed.
Just have to wait and see, it won't surprise me if we sign Bortles and I doubt Tom and Dave trades away all there high future picks.  One of those QBs will be there when we pick,  I could see 2 of the top 5 being there when we pick
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/03/sam-da...-nfl-draft

(10-12-2017, 06:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jackson over Rudolph?  Lol.  We could only pray the GMs ahead of us have their board like that

The correct order.

Darnold is staying in school

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/03/sam-da...-nfl-draft

Welp.

Big surprise because of how young he is. Don't blame him though as he'll be drafted in the top half of the first.