Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers fan punches another fan during the game

(10-14-2017, 11:54 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 01:38 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Well, because historically the fans have needed to be separated due to violence. I think they believe that keeping them segregated will cut down on violence but I think it makes it worse as segregation builds tension. It mainly happens outside of the stadium these days but there are always cases of people from the visiting team attempting to buy tickets in the home teams sections. That's why a lot of teams these days take your postal (zip) code when you purchase tickets if it's a rivalry game (most lower league soccer fans support their local team, so it's easier to see which section they should be purchasing tickets in)..

The zip code segregation idea may have made sense at the time, but it is completely useless in a world where people live in one state/province for years, then move to another that's home to a different team in the same league. They should catch up with the American way of having certain sections for away team fans (watch any college game and they are easy to pick out unless both teams wear the same colors).

We have home and away sections. Fans from either team are not allowed to cross over.

Say, for instance, Portsmouth play Southampton (this is a huge violent rivalry), fans from the visiting team are only allowed to get to the stadium via Official Club Transport (coaches laid on by the club but paid for by the supporters at an additional cost to the matchday ticket).. anyone with a PO (Portsmouth postcode) would not be allowed to buy a ticket for the Southampton sections and anyone with an SO postcode (Southampton) would not be allowed to purchase tickets for the Portsmouth sections. It gets complicated sometimes because Southampton and Portsmouth are only 19 miles apart and some PO postcodes are closer to Southampton and SO closer to Portsmouth geographically. In these circumstances they need to prove their allegiance to the team in which they follow (usually by purchasing direct from their own stadium box office rather than online).

This has cut down on a lot of violence in and around the stadium but, believe it or not, a lot of the violence is pre-arranged between rival sets of supporters at a meet point in advance.

This kind of activity is rarer than it used to be but, unfortunately, it still happens more that we'd like.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you look closely you can see me and Darlo there in the second rank.

[Image: gony7.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2017, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you look closely you can see me and Darlo there in the second rank.

[Image: gony7.jpg]

I had no idea you still had this picture of us..

...good times..

Just an update the guy was arrested and will be going to court for simple assault.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-17-2017, 11:29 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Just an update the guy was arrested and will be going to court for simple assault.

What is the maximum punishment for that?

(10-17-2017, 11:39 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 11:29 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Just an update the guy was arrested and will be going to court for simple assault.

What is the maximum punishment for that?

Simple assault is a second degree misdemeanor unless the offense occurs during a scuffle in which both parties mutually consented to entering. In this case, it is a third degree misdemeanor, carrying a penalty of up to one year in prison.

Source: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvani...?version=2

(10-17-2017, 02:16 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 11:39 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What is the maximum punishment for that?

Simple assault is a second degree misdemeanor unless the offense occurs during a scuffle in which both parties mutually consented to entering. In this case, it is a third degree misdemeanor, carrying a penalty of up to one year in prison.

I hope he gets the max. He will also be sued I am sure there will be a lawsuit for any sort of medical expense, plus time of work expense (if he still works)
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-17-2017, 02:27 PM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 02:16 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Simple assault is a second degree misdemeanor unless the offense occurs during a scuffle in which both parties mutually consented to entering. In this case, it is a third degree misdemeanor, carrying a penalty of up to one year in prison.

I hope he gets the max. He will also be sued I am sure there will be a lawsuit for any sort of medical expense, plus time of work expense (if he still works)

The thing is, there are so many things he can go for too.. a form of PTSD preventing him from being able to attend games through fear of it happening again etc, like you say, loss of earnings  (where applicable).

There has to be a lawsuit because of the evidence.. if the assailant does not get jail time, you can bet your house on the fact that he will have his backside handed to him by someone who has seen the video (which is everyone in civilisation, it would seem)..

The Panthers should ban him from Bank of America Stadium for life whether he goes to jail or not.

(10-17-2017, 03:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Panthers should ban him from Bank of America Stadium for life whether he goes to jail or not.

I'm almost certain he will be banned from attending any sports event..

In the UK he would be banned from any stadium in the country.

(10-17-2017, 03:59 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Panthers should ban him from Bank of America Stadium for life whether he goes to jail or not.

I'm almost certain he will be banned from attending any sports event..

It does not work that way here. The team makes a decision, not the league.

(10-17-2017, 04:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:59 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm almost certain he will be banned from attending any sports event..

It does not work that way here. The team makes a decision, not the league.

The courts make that decision here.. the league/team aren't usually involved in court proceedings, generally speaking.

(10-17-2017, 04:10 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It does not work that way here. The team makes a decision, not the league.

The courts make that decision here.. the league/team aren't usually involved in court proceedings, generally speaking.

I was thinking of the time when a Bengals fan stormed onto the field and literally grabbed the football from Brett Favre's hand. He will never been seen at Paul Brown Stadium again.