Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be good

(10-13-2017, 01:05 PM)Rico Wrote: So your brilliant observation is based on one (probably one part) Thursday night game where the Panthers' other starting back had negative yardage.  How are you not in the NFL scouting business?

I've watched every game so far. He just hasn't showed me anything. 

Seems like it bothered you

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2017, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:05 PM)Rico Wrote: So your brilliant observation is based on one (probably one part) Thursday night game where the Panthers' other starting back had negative yardage.  How are you not in the NFL scouting business?

What bothers him is the fact that I don't apologize for being right and using real logic. He wants to make people believe I am wrong when I am not.

Just......wow....

Lady, you've gotta stop.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I've watched every game so far. He just hasn't showed me anything. 

What bothers him is the fact that I don't apologize for being right and using real logic. He wants to make people believe I am wrong when I am not.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-13-2017, 03:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just......wow....

Lady, you've gotta stop.

I can do that . . . IF EVERYONE ELSE STOPS.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:45 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I've watched every game so far. He just hasn't showed me anything. 

The only thing that bothers me is your insistance on taking over every thread with your drivel.

Logic and you are not even close to being on the same page.

(10-13-2017, 03:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

I'm curious why an ill-informed opinion would 'bother me'.  What a laugh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 03:43 PM)Rico Wrote: The only thing that bothers me is your insistance on taking over every thread with your drivel.

Seriously, I have been trying hard to stop doing that. It is not my fault that others want to make me look stupid and show a total lack of respect. If you have questions, send a PM.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 04:49 PM by Achilles.)

(10-13-2017, 02:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There was also a lot of time left for him to get more negative yards

Same goes for Christion McCaffrey, but he turned a negative into a positive by finishing the game.

There is no reason to argue with me about this anymore.

You are absolutely horrible.

That Panthers OL needs help. McCaffery is gonna be a good player. He is more of a wr/rb hybrid and it would be smart for the Panthers to exploit that.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 04:56 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-13-2017, 04:48 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Same goes for Christion McCaffrey, but he turned a negative into a positive by finishing the game.

There is no reason to argue with me about this anymore.

You are absolutely horrible.

That Panthers OL needs help. McCaffery is gonna be a good player. He is more of a wr/rb hybrid and it would be smart for the Panthers to exploit that.

Everyone knew since his freshman year at Stanford he is a WR/RB hybrid. That was how Ron Rivera planned to use him to an extent. The Panthers were not the only team that could see him primarily as a RB.

Telling me I am horrible is a reportable offense.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 05:04 PM by Achilles.)

(10-13-2017, 04:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:48 PM)Achilles Wrote: You are absolutely horrible.

Everyone knew since his freshman year at Stanford he is a WR/RB hybrid. That was how Ron Rivera planned to use him to an extent. The Panthers were not the only team that could see him primarily as a RB.

Telling me I am horrible is a reportable offense.

Report me then. These forums are almost unbearable with your presence anyway. As long as you're here, I don't really care too much if I'm not.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

One of the major reasons why I think Christian McCaffrey is a valuable player is he draws attention. Against the Lions this past Sunday, this helped open the door for TE Ed Dickson to have a career best game ( by a mile ). McCaffrey also has a tremendous amount of versatility. It will be difficult for him to live up to the pick # 8 draft billing. But I think he will help the Panthers often over the next few seasons.

(10-13-2017, 05:12 PM)D6 Wrote: One of the major reasons why I think Christian McCaffrey is a valuable player is he draws attention. Against the Lions this past Sunday, this helped open the door for TE Ed Dickson to have a career best game (by a mile). McCaffrey also has a tremendous amount of versatility. It will be difficult for him to live up to the pick  # 8 draft billing.   But I think he will help the Panthers often over the next few seasons.

Do you think he is being used correctly in Carolina's offense?

(10-13-2017, 05:12 PM)D6 Wrote: One of the major reasons why I think Christian McCaffrey is a valuable player is he draws attention.  Against the Lions this past Sunday,  this helped open the door for TE Ed Dickson to have a career best game (  by a mile ).    McCaffrey also has a tremendous amount of versatility.   It will be difficult for him to live up to the pick  # 8 draft billing.   But I think he will help the Panthers often over the next few seasons.

I think he's just going to be a really versatile weapon. We all forget that players take time to develop. 

That o line is not helping him right now either.

He's a playmaker and honestly I think any team would love to have a guy like him.

(10-13-2017, 05:15 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 05:12 PM)D6 Wrote: One of the major reasons why I think Christian McCaffrey is a valuable player is he draws attention.  Against the Lions this past Sunday,  this helped open the door for TE Ed Dickson to have a career best game (  by a mile ).    McCaffrey also has a tremendous amount of versatility.   It will be difficult for him to live up to the pick  # 8 draft billing.   But I think he will help the Panthers often over the next few seasons.

I think he's just going to be a really versatile weapon. We all forget that players take time to develop. 

That o line is not helping him right now either.

He's a playmaker and honestly I think any team would love to have a guy like him.

Great point about the development factor.   In this case,  the Panthers are asking Christian McCaffrey to have many roles with them.  Even for a highly intelligent person,  which he is,  with a father who played in the NFL,  it's plenty to ask for McCaffrey to handle all his responsibilities at a high level as a rookie.   

The neck injury to Pro Bowl Caliber C Ryan Kalil that's sidelined for several weeks,  certainly hasn't helped matters with the Panthers running game.

(10-13-2017, 05:20 PM)D6 Wrote: Great point about the development factor. In this case,  the Panthers are asking Christian McCaffrey to have many roles with them. Even for a highly intelligent person, which he is, with a father who played in the NFL, it's plenty to ask for McCaffrey to handle all his responsibilities at a high level as a rookie.   

The neck injury to Pro Bowl caliber C Ryan Kalil that's sidelined for several weeks, certainly hasn't helped matters with the Panthers running game.

I agree on both points. The Panthers were right to complain about the "May 16 rule" that forced all rookies from Stanford to fall behind in their development. On the first day CM was allowed to practice, Ron Rivera put him everywhere - RB, WR, and punt or kickoff returner. That is a lot to digest immediately after receiving his degree. Was cross-training so soon a mistake? I hope not because he has so much potential as a hybrid player. Side note: The NFL and American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) recently created a new policy that is much friendlier to 2018 draft picks enrolled at some Pac-12 schools.

I am sure all three RBs missed Ryan Kalil last night. Only Cam Newton could run for positive yards in the first half.

A thread about Christian McCaffrey turns into an online keyboard fight..

Standard.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

On track to beat the rookie record in receptions.

It's early but he does look more like a Theo Riddick type than a true game changing back. Hopefully the Panthers will sort out their run blocking so we can see him in full flow.

(10-13-2017, 04:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:43 PM)Rico Wrote: The only thing that bothers me is your insistance on taking over every thread with your drivel.

It is not my fault that others want to make me look stupid 

There's only one poster here responsible for that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My PPR league thanks him. Seriously though I think he'll be a good change of pace/ out of the backfield RB. Not a first rounder though.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 11:17 AM by Caldrac.)

Only five games have been played. A lot can happen between tomorrow and the final week of the season. He's only carried the football 38 times on the year. But he's been heavily featured in the passing game with 50 targets and 37 receptions. He nearly has 300 yards receiving for the Panthers. You do realize that's more than any receiver on the Jaguars team right? By nearly a 100 yards? He's also putting in work on special teams. Something Fournette can't do. So it could just be the way that Rivera and Shula are opting to use him in their scheme.

Just to put that into contrast. Fournette has already touched the football 109 times on the ground and he's been targeted just 18 times through the air. At this pace he's looking at roughly 350 carries on the year. That's nearly 30 more attempts on the ground that Zeke Elliott received as a rookie. But, there's a reason why Elliot was drafted 4th overall last year (Thank you Jerry Jones for giving us Jalen Ramsey) and why we took Fournette 4th overall this year. They're pounders with quick feet and break away speed. They're specifically built to tote the offense 20+ times a game in between the tackles.

McCaffrey simply isn't that type of back. He's more than likely going to be your Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles and Reggie Bush type back. And that's exactly what most scouts and pundits thought he would be to begin with. He can line up in the slot, on the outside, in the backfield, be placed in a split back field. Can make plays on kick offs and punt returns, etc. By the end of the year let's come back and revisit the numbers. Fournette will end up finishing stronger on the ground because that's his role. But the Panthers are 4 - 2 despite shaky play from Cam Newton this year and when it's all said and done he'll probably end up having more total yards contributed on the football field compared to Fournette.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."