Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be good

(10-14-2017, 05:13 AM)JackCity Wrote: On track to beat the rookie record in receptions.  

It's early but he does look more like a Theo Riddick type than a true game changing back. Hopefully the Panthers will sort out their run blocking so we can see him in full flow.

Nobody said before the draft his job is to be a "game changer." That guy is still Cam Newton. Versatility is what the Panthers drafted him for.

As D6 posted, run blocking has been hampered by Ryan Kalil's absence due to injury. When he comes back, it should improve noticeably. I don't know how much of an effect missing Kalil had on the running game, but because all three RBs struggled to carry the ball forward, it is safe to assume the problem starts at the LOS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 02:33 PM by Kcirred.)

McCaffrey sucks, he's weak and gets tackled routinely by arm tackles. He's also not as fast as his combine 40 time indicates, he isn't a 4.4 on tape. Don't care for the rookie excuse either, when a player is a stud you will know it IMMEDIATELY i.e. Ramsey, Ngakoue, MJD. Drafting this bum is probably what got Gettleman fired lol. People that actually thought he was better than Fournette are fools.

(10-15-2017, 02:33 PM)Kcirred Wrote: McCaffrey sucks, he's weak and gets tackled routinely by arm tackles.  He's also not as fast as his combine 40 time indicates, he isn't a 4.4 on tape.  Don't care for the rookie excuse either, when a player is a stud you will know it IMMEDIATELY i.e. Ramsey, Ngakoue, MJD.  Drafting this bum is probably what got Gettleman fired lol.  People that actually thought he was better than Fournette are fools.

Not all "stud" players are that good immediately. And not all busts are bad right away either.

Oh yeah? McCaffrey over 100 yards receiving 2 weeks ago, over 180 yards rushing last week. He is behind a oline that isn't very good. He is becoming one of the best and most versatile backs on the league and a matchup nightmare. He would be deadly with the offense we run

(09-29-2018, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh yeah?  McCaffrey over 100 yards receiving 2 weeks ago, over 180 yards rushing last week.  He is behind a oline that isn't very good.  He is becoming one of the best and most versatile backs on the league and a matchup nightmare.  He would be deadly with the offense we run

I've learned long ago to not take anything jags fanatic says seriously, you'd be served well to follow suit.

(09-29-2018, 01:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh yeah?  McCaffrey over 100 yards receiving 2 weeks ago, over 180 yards rushing last week.  He is behind a oline that isn't very good.  He is becoming one of the best and most versatile backs on the league and a matchup nightmare.  He would be deadly with the offense we run

I've learned long ago to not take anything jags fanatic says seriously, you'd be served well to follow suit.

Oh I know, I liked Fournette too but McCaffrey was the guy I really wanted.  Reminds me of Mashall Faulk

I still don’t think McCaffrey is all that. He was just a few picks after Fournette but ain’t nobody talking he could lead the league in rushing. He’s just not that type of back.

Elliot
Fournette
McCoy
Hunt
Bell
These guys can lead the league

Then you got guys like Thompson, Giovanni, McCaffrey, these type of backs just don’t have what the other studs do. He said putting up good numbers though.

I don’t mind staying my opinion on here. That’s all it is just an opinion. You don’t have to take me serious I don’t mind. I enjoy talking to you guys every day. I’m just an average guy that played but was never good enough to make it pro. Guys like Skip and even Ketchikan were wrong so many times. It just talking sports which I love, Peck.

Carolina has week 3 off so his ranking will fall, but through the first three weeks of the season McCaffrey was top 5 in the league in rushing and top 20 in receiving. That's not bad.

And no Fournette is not in the same category as those other guys. Not even when healthy which is becoming a real problem.

(09-29-2018, 08:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I still don’t think McCaffrey is all that. He was just a few picks after Fournette but ain’t nobody talking he could lead the league in rushing. He’s just not that type of back.

Elliot
Fournette
McCoy
Hunt
Bell

Then you got guys like Thompson, Giovanni, McCaffrey, these type of backs just don’t have what the other studs do. He said putting up good numbers though.

I don’t mind staying my opinion on here. That’s all it is just an opinion. You don’t have to take me serious I don’t mind. I enjoy talking to you guys every day. I’m just an average guy that played but was never good enough to make it pro. Guys like Skip and even Ketchikan were wrong so many times. It just talking sports which I love, Peck.
People can have opinions and be wrong at the same time, it's ok.  McCaffrey can lead the league and in would take him over any of the backs you named

McCaffrey would look nice in teal, but OJ Howard would look amazing in teal. That's the fish that really got away, an ultra athletic mismatch do it all TE would be a godsend for Blake.

LOL...Trent Richardson is Darren Sproles.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Mccaffery without a reception and 0 yards on the ground today. Bust.

(09-30-2018, 06:44 PM)Upper Wrote: McCaffrey would look nice in teal, but OJ Howard would look amazing in teal. That's the fish that really got away, an ultra athletic mismatch do it all TE would be a godsend for Blake.

Howard over McCaffrey and a top 5 pick? Hell no

Bad take.... bad bad take.

Bad takes are bad.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(10-01-2018, 09:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 06:44 PM)Upper Wrote: McCaffrey would look nice in teal, but OJ Howard would look amazing in teal. That's the fish that really got away, an ultra athletic mismatch do it all TE would be a godsend for Blake.

Howard over McCaffrey and a top 5 pick? Hell no

Yep, someone that can literally help in every facet of the offense is a huge weapon. Stud run blocker, stud pass blocker, can move the chains, and can stretch a defense. Hardly anyone can do all of that. He's already PFFs 2nd highest graded TE in the league (behind my other mancrush Kittle). Sigh Dave how did you go into an all time great TE with a huge need at TE and come away with nothing...

McCaffrey: yup, he good

This thread aged perfectly. Honestly a lot of teams got it wrong last year at the RB position. Except for New Orleans and Kansas City. Who found 3rd RD gems in Kamara and Hunt respectively. To add even more insult. Conner and Cohen have also looked good now as 2nd year players for Pittsburgh and Chicago respectively.

CMC would probably be a solid fit with this offense too. Just based on how Carolina uses him in the passing game. It's similar to how Hackett tends to utilize Yeldon and Grant in the passing game. I still hold out hope for Fournette. Injuries happen. It's apart of the game. But this was however the primary concern with Fournette's entry into the NFL. Durability.

We'll see what happens. I feel like if they succeed without him this year and they make it to the play-offs and he doesn't put on a show that they will be more than likely looking at another RB earlier on in 2019. Justice Hill, Bryce Love and even Rodney Anderson out of OKLA coming off an ACL may be considered as early as the bottom of RD1 and throughout RD2.

Either one of those guys would be a good option to rotate with Fournette.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-29-2018, 08:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I still don’t think McCaffrey is all that. He was just a few picks after Fournette but ain’t nobody talking he could lead the league in rushing. He’s just not that type of back.

Elliot
Fournette
McCoy
Hunt
Bell

Lol

How is Fournette gonna lead the league when he spends more time on the sidelines than on the field? And with a mediocre ypc.