Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’

(10-14-2017, 09:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:37 PM)nate Wrote: Very proud to have an owner who understands the larger issues involved here, and has the guts to speak out against intentional idiocy, feigned offhandedness, and a straw man of straw men arguments.  

Kudos, Shad, and you couldn't be more right.  Thank you.

A true American standing up for true American ideals that our soldiers swore to uphold.

Perfectly said.. Now go wipe your [BLEEP] with The American Flag or burn it because real heroes have given the ultimate sacrifice just so you can do It..

Amirite?

... only if you’re a victim of a made up problem.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2017, 11:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: So tired of this topic. And how it's a slap in the face to the military and our soldiers. So here's hopefully my last long rant on the matter. Which soldier exactly? Because the last time our Country was invaded by a foreign threat it was in 1775 - 1776 from the British Empire whom lost and we gained our Independence from.

Every war since then with the exception of the Civil War and the Battle of the Alamo has been fought well off shores from the United States.

And no disrespect. We all know now that the war in Iraq was a fundamental and colossal [BLEEP] up. Which can virtually be said about most of our wars since the 1900's. With the exception of World War and World War II. More on that in a minute.

There's also overwhelmingly strong evidence that clearly points to foul play, false flags and financial motives of the upper elite industrialists and multi nationalist banking families that created these wars to begin with.

That's not a theory. That's not made up. That's common knowledge now. You can look it all up in historical texts, books, documentaries, first hand and personal accounts and recounts.

It's a racket. As Butler famously coined after his legendary track record as a US Marine. Look up his speech about the Bonus Army. Sums it up better than anything out there.

You're not defending your home thousands of miles away. You're not defending anyone when you're setting your foot in someone else's home. That's the reality of it. Period.

And a lot of filthy rich people line their pockets even more with cash by using soldiers as a means to divide and conquer. Not defend and save. But to divide and conquer territory for resources and the inevitable ground work of a new political figure leading that conquered territory into playing nice at the table with the banking institutions looking to come on in and create a monopoly of said resources and territory.

Eurasia alone is estimated to be worth well over $12T in known resources and untapped resources and potential. That's T. Not a million. Not a billion. A trillion. $12T in money to be had by dividing it and conquering it.

Hate it or love it. Our Country is the greatest country in the world to most Americans. Despite all of its issues socially and economically. We're still the most sought out land for freedom and opportunity.

I am thankful I was born here. But I can admit what I see with my own two eyes. And I can admit what my Government is in conjunction with the United Nations. It's an Empire. You can't tell me otherwise. $125B spent yearly on warfare. More bases than any other Country on the globe.

We don't need to be defended at home. We've been doing a good job occupying the world like a game of Risk. And we've been on top of that mountain now since post WWI.

I stand for those who didn't have a say in it. Those who were forced or drafted into so called "War" which was really just a bunch of rich men sitting around trying to figure out how to get even more money and control in their hands.

That's why I truly stand. Because many men fought and died to make a few people that were already well off permanently well off without a say against it. Join or go to jail. That was your option.

But don't give me the "defending your home's and freedom" lecture. Because a keen eye and a love for reading and studying will quickly dispel that belief system propagated by the mainstream media and educational system which has long since been bought and paid for by the very same men who get us into these ridiculous "Wars".

God bless you all. I love anybody whose counted as an American. Regardless of your color or creed. And that's what we should fight for. And that's why protesting needs to be left intact. Freedom of speech was set in place by men who were once silenced by an Empire. They wouldn't be able to comprehend what we've now become today as a nation.

your keen eye missed the war of 1812

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 01:08 AM by jj82284.)

What is this whole thing about again???

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 01:09 AM by jj82284.)

no really...  what's this all about?

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 01:24 AM by jj82284.)

(10-14-2017, 09:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:37 PM)nate Wrote: Very proud to have an owner who understands the larger issues involved here, and has the guts to speak out against intentional idiocy, feigned offhandedness, and a straw man of straw men arguments.  

Kudos, Shad, and you couldn't be more right.  Thank you.

A true American standing up for true American ideals that our soldiers swore to uphold.

Perfectly said.. Now go wipe your [BLEEP] with The American Flag or burn it because real heroes have given the ultimate sacrifice just so you can do It..

Amirite?

Well, I mean, yeah. That's exactly the sort of speech the First Amendment is designed to protect. That's exactly what millions of American soldiers have died to protect. That's the thing about free speech: you and I don't have to agree with it, but it is the right of the individual to express it, regardless of how poor of taste it's in.

(10-15-2017, 04:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Perfectly said.. Now go wipe your [BLEEP] with The American Flag or burn it because real heroes have given the ultimate sacrifice just so you can do It..

Amirite?

Well, I mean, yeah. That's exactly the sort of speech the First Amendment is designed to protect. That's exactly what millions of American soldiers have died to protect. That's the thing about free speech: you and I don't have to agree with it, but it is the right of the individual to express it, regardless of how poor of taste it's in.

I meant "Nate" personally

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-15-2017, 04:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Perfectly said.. Now go wipe your [BLEEP] with The American Flag or burn it because real heroes have given the ultimate sacrifice just so you can do It..

Amirite?

And it's our RIGHT to openly criticize them for it. And to protest their employers with our time and money if we see fit.  And for The employer to respond as they see fit with their employees and business. The 1st restricts the government not the People, just like all the others.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2017, 03:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My take on it:
-I don't have a problem with their protesting. It's protected by the Constitution.

-I do have a problem that they are causing further division in this country by continuing to protest in such a way that is known to be inflammatory. This makes the whole conversation about the meaning of the protest null and void because all people talk about is the anthem and the flag and being disrespected which is a whole other conversation.

-It's ruining the ability to read or listen to articles and comments about the game or general team information because it's all about..... the anthem, the flag and being disrespected. 

-They should not be doing this on the job. None of us can go to work and protest while on the clock, why should they? We don't pay money to watch them protest and listen to all the crap from the commentators. We pay to watch a game. 

-I've said it before, if you want your message heard start in the community. A perfect example is of Malik Jackson and Ernest Wilford going to a school together to talk to kids. More of that is needed.

This is where I kind of get lost in all this. People are saying they're doing it on the job yet they're not on the football field when the anthem is being performed. It's not disrupting anything since it's all happening simultaneously. And as far as it being inflammatory. Their protest is about as peaceful as I've seen it. In comparison to the Black Lives Matter movement and Antifa's "peaceful" protests. As far as it being all about the anthem and ruining the game. Thank the media for that. They love this [BLEEP]. They eat it up. Like they've always done. Race has ALWAYS been a [BLEEP] issue in this country. ALWAYS.
-When they show up on game day they're on the clock. The disruption comes from the commentators and talking heads constantly bringing it up before, during and after the games. It comes from all the articles and posts on websites and social media talking about it. The protests are peaceful in that they aren't physically starting riots, impeding traffic, etc., but it's not peaceful in that it's obviously inflammatory by the reaction of a lot of folks. I agree about the media. They suck. 

The problem I have is with some of these ideas and beliefs that it starts in the community. I agree with this to an extent. The problem that I have seen though is that those moments are watered down into little five to ten minute "feel good" segments just before kick-off and it's not spreading any kind of message. The problem isn't entirely on the communities either. It's more so about police brutality and injustice. 

And that goes for everybody. Not just black people. I often hear right wing conservatives bring up the statistics of being white and being 6x more likely to be shot by the Police. Which is true. But that's kind of redundant at the same time and a pointless argument when you realize white people make up over 60% of our country's population. 
-You have to start somewhere and if people these kids look up to are willing to have a conversation about what it going on and why and how they have handled situations they've come up against, I think it would begin make a difference. But it has to be consistent, not a watered down version like you said. Kids learn from the environment around them and a lot of kids are not learning the right way to deal with things. And I mean kids in general, not just black kids. 

And whether anybody likes it or not black communities are disproportionately targeted. They only make up 13% of the population but make up 50% of the prison population. With most arrests happening over marijuana roughly 7 times out of 10. Which is a joke on it's own. And I've seen the hypocrisy my whole life. It's not some made up myth or bull [BLEEP] fairy tale.

I've grown up poor and lived in poor [BLEEP] ghettos and middle class suburban white neighborhoods. I can personally go into my parent's neighborhood and point out anywhere between 5 to 7 known pot heads and 3 distributors. All white people. Most of whom make a pretty damn good living already with a primary job and just peddle it around for extra income. They've done it for years. And they've never been caught. Why? Because the police don't patrol middle class white neighborhoods.

Growing up near University and Arlington in the early 1990's? Saw two or three cops between the mornings I went to school and when I got off the bus. And they were always looking for pot. That's the truth of it. Police have numbers to meet. And they go fishing in poor communities because they know that's where all the drug slinging is. It's a systematic issue. And people need to be educated on it and take their blinders off.
-How about people stop buying drugs? How about people stop committing crimes? The illegal activity brings the cops. The suspicion of illegal activity in known crime areas are what bring the cops. Don't paint a picture of innocent people doing nothing illegal. Do innocent people get caught in the crossfire? Yes, they do, and it's tragic but it comes with the territory of being around people who are not innocent or having the dumb luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Do I believe there is police brutality? I do, but not on the level that the media- remember the circus you mentioned earlier who thrives on drama- makes it out to be.

Just as an aside- I've lived in every neighborhood Duval county has to offer and I've seen and heard things from the poorer neighborhoods that made me see red. People bragging about how they work the welfare system to get more food stamps or how they 'sell' their food stamps to get cash to by liquor and their blunts. How they work the system to get low income housing and all kinds of other jacked up stuff. I've seen people stealing stuff out of a house in broad daylight with neighbors watching and no one saying a word. I've had to dive into a construction dumpster so I wouldn't get accidentally (or otherwise) shot when JSO showed up drawing down on a guy for looting a nearby house. I was working on a house once when JSO showed up and raided a house a block away. Where did all of this happen? On the north side of I-10 and in Springfield. Hell, I lived two houses down from a drug house where the guy survived a drive by one weekend only to be shot point blank on his porch the following weekend. That happened a couple of blocks off Main St. I can't remember the name of the street now as that was 10 years ago, but it was closer to downtown than the north end.  

I may have seen some crazy stuff on the westside with all the poor white rednecks, but nothing like what I saw, heard and experienced with the poor black folks. I'm not saying there aren't poor white folks that don't game the system, don't have crime issues and so on, but not near to the extent the black community does. Or maybe they just don't brag about it like it's some sort of badge of honor. I had no idea the stuff these people talked about was happening until I heard it with my own ears and seriously, it's like they were proud of how they worked the system. So again, let's not pretend the neighborhoods the cops target are full of innocents. They may not be guilty of something worthy of a patrol car sniffing around but you reap what you sow. One way or another. None of us escape without paying our dues for what we've done. 

(10-15-2017, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 04:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: Well, I mean, yeah. That's exactly the sort of speech the First Amendment is designed to protect. That's exactly what millions of American soldiers have died to protect. That's the thing about free speech: you and I don't have to agree with it, but it is the right of the individual to express it, regardless of how poor of taste it's in.

And it's our RIGHT to openly criticize them for it. And to protest their employers with our time and money if we see fit.  And for The employer to respond as they see fit with their employees and business. The 1st restricts the government not the People, just like all the others.

Well, yeah.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 07:44 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2017, 12:56 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: So tired of this topic. And how it's a slap in the face to the military and our soldiers. So here's hopefully my last long rant on the matter. Which soldier exactly? Because the last time our Country was invaded by a foreign threat it was in 1775 - 1776 from the British Empire whom lost and we gained our Independence from.

Every war since then with the exception of the Civil War and the Battle of the Alamo has been fought well off shores from the United States.

And no disrespect. We all know now that the war in Iraq was a fundamental and colossal [BLEEP] up. Which can virtually be said about most of our wars since the 1900's. With the exception of World War and World War II. More on that in a minute.

There's also overwhelmingly strong evidence that clearly points to foul play, false flags and financial motives of the upper elite industrialists and multi nationalist banking families that created these wars to begin with.

That's not a theory. That's not made up. That's common knowledge now. You can look it all up in historical texts, books, documentaries, first hand and personal accounts and recounts.

It's a racket. As Butler famously coined after his legendary track record as a US Marine. Look up his speech about the Bonus Army. Sums it up better than anything out there.

You're not defending your home thousands of miles away. You're not defending anyone when you're setting your foot in someone else's home. That's the reality of it. Period.

And a lot of filthy rich people line their pockets even more with cash by using soldiers as a means to divide and conquer. Not defend and save. But to divide and conquer territory for resources and the inevitable ground work of a new political figure leading that conquered territory into playing nice at the table with the banking institutions looking to come on in and create a monopoly of said resources and territory.

Eurasia alone is estimated to be worth well over $12T in known resources and untapped resources and potential. That's T. Not a million. Not a billion. A trillion. $12T in money to be had by dividing it and conquering it.

Hate it or love it. Our Country is the greatest country in the world to most Americans. Despite all of its issues socially and economically. We're still the most sought out land for freedom and opportunity.

I am thankful I was born here. But I can admit what I see with my own two eyes. And I can admit what my Government is in conjunction with the United Nations. It's an Empire. You can't tell me otherwise. $125B spent yearly on warfare. More bases than any other Country on the globe.

We don't need to be defended at home. We've been doing a good job occupying the world like a game of Risk. And we've been on top of that mountain now since post WWI.

I stand for those who didn't have a say in it. Those who were forced or drafted into so called "War" which was really just a bunch of rich men sitting around trying to figure out how to get even more money and control in their hands.

That's why I truly stand. Because many men fought and died to make a few people that were already well off permanently well off without a say against it. Join or go to jail. That was your option.

But don't give me the "defending your home's and freedom" lecture. Because a keen eye and a love for reading and studying will quickly dispel that belief system propagated by the mainstream media and educational system which has long since been bought and paid for by the very same men who get us into these ridiculous "Wars".

God bless you all. I love anybody whose counted as an American. Regardless of your color or creed. And that's what we should fight for. And that's why protesting needs to be left intact. Freedom of speech was set in place by men who were once silenced by an Empire. They wouldn't be able to comprehend what we've now become today as a nation.

your keen eye missed the war of 1812

Indeed. Been a minute since I've read up on that one. Gets buried a lot in the 106 wars our country has mostly been suckered into (Especially since the late 1800's). Been at war 93% of our existence. 241 years with a whopping 17 years of peace. We're pretty good at [BLEEP] [BLEEP] up in other lands and territories. That's why it's important we all get indoctrinated at a very early age into blind Patriotism and loyalty. That's why everybody walks around here feeling star spangled awesome while consuming the market place like the big fat cash cows that we've become to keep on feeding that never ending War Machine. Laughing

I'll admit this. I am a true Nationalist. I've been deemed a classical liberal with fiscal conservative views. And in my mind. Unless an enemy threat is 200 miles off the cost of our shores. We don't need to be at war at all. And we don't need to be occupying any lands not considered American soil. Which sadly we've been doing for far too long. I don't give two [BLEEP] and a [BLEEP] about the Middle East or any other country outside of the United States. I really don't. Let the animals wipe themselves out. And stop taxing Americans at 30% per year to where some of that tax goes outside of our country for "foreign aide". Not our problem. Let them police themselves.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2017, 10:28 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And it's our RIGHT to openly criticize them for it. And to protest their employers with our time and money if we see fit.  And for The employer to respond as they see fit with their employees and business. The 1st restricts the government not the People, just like all the others.

Well, yeah.

So this argument that criticism of them is wrong needs to stop. Their protest is for a false narrative and was foolish at the start, nothing more than useful idiots for the anti-American left to prop up their evil ideology by attacking America's great institutions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM by Ronster.)

Cause and effect...

CBS earnings to disappoint due to weak NFL ratings, Credit Suisse says

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs-earn...-says.html
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-17-2017, 09:09 AM)Ronster Wrote: Cause and effect...

CBS earnings to disappoint due to weak NFL ratings, Credit Suisse says

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs-earn...-says.html
TV ratings are up across the board

Information 

This article mentions Shad Khan's "great divider"comment, but touches on several other issues, so it goes off topic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...777910001/