Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Romo hinted at possible return Thurs night. Make the call Khan

(10-17-2017, 06:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:37 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I agree.

*IF* we were to replace the QB we have, I'd rather someone who's so injury prone. I'd fear every snap he's going to get mauled.

And knowing how Dave Caldwell is, I doubt he would be happy with Tom Coughlin picking up a 37-year old TV analyst.

How is Dave Caldwell?  And I thought Tom was running the show now, so who cares what Caldwell thinks.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2017, 07:12 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: And knowing how Dave Caldwell is, I doubt he would be happy with Tom Coughlin picking up a 37-year old TV analyst.

How is Dave Caldwell?  And I thought Tom was running the show now, so who cares what Caldwell thinks.

Caldwell still has many of the same duties he did before Coughlin came back. I am sure Coughlin relies on some input from Caldwell.

(10-17-2017, 07:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:12 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: How is Dave Caldwell?  And I thought Tom was running the show now, so who cares what Caldwell thinks.

Caldwell still has many of the same duties he did before Coughlin came back. I am sure Coughlin relies on some input from Caldwell.

It amazes me that you still don't understand what Dave and Tom do here.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-17-2017, 09:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Caldwell still has many of the same duties he did before Coughlin came back. I am sure Coughlin relies on some input from Caldwell.

It amazes me that you still don't understand what Dave and Tom do here.

I know Tom Coughlin decides who will be on the roster. I also watched video of the joint contract press conference, in which Dave Caldwell said his job will not change much.

(10-17-2017, 09:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It amazes me that you still don't understand what Dave and Tom do here.

I know Tom Coughlin decides who will be on the roster. I also watched video of the joint contract press conference, in which Dave Caldwell said his job will not change much.

Literally Dave's job description is to create a roster. Tom can over ride, but make no mistake, this is Dave's roster.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-17-2017, 09:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I know Tom Coughlin decides who will be on the roster. I also watched video of the joint contract press conference, in which Dave Caldwell said his job will not change much.

Literally Dave's job description is to create a roster. Tom can over ride, but make no mistake, this is Dave's roster.

Tom has final say on all roster decisions, right? That was my understanding.

(10-17-2017, 09:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Literally Dave's job description is to create a roster. Tom can over ride, but make no mistake, this is Dave's roster.

Tom has final say on all roster decisions, right? That was my understanding.

"Final Say" does not mean he creates the roster. It means Dave builds his roster and Tom can interject when he sees the need to. If Dave wants to sign a player, he can.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-15-2017, 11:01 PM)JNev Wrote: I know it seems unlikely, but it’s just so painfully obvious the QB position is the missing piece to a true contender in this weak AFC. How can you sit back and watch this defense be so elite and just waste a DPOY quality season from multiple players? Get Eli or Rivers or even he who shall not be named can’t be worse. It’s maddening

I agree that Tony Romo under center would make the team an instant playoff contender--if it's the Tony Romo of old. But he'd have to knock some rust off, and we'd have to pray he doesn't get hit much because, remember, his collarbone is brittle. 

That said, in the playoffs the Jaguars wouldn't get far because the second painfully obvious missing piece that would hold them back is the lack of receivers minus ARob. Lee has been a huge disappointment (wish the team would trade him now for anything to get some value out of him), and Hurns is Hurns--a serviceable starter, but not someone teams roll coverage to. Hopefully the coaching staff uses Westbrook wisely by moving him around when he returns.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Anyone who thinks we can't make the playoffs without Tony Romo is nuts. So is anyone who thinks there is a chance we want Romo and he wants us.