Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Smallest crowd of Khan Era sees Jaguars lose to Rams

I've caught flak from quite a few friends for continuing to attend the games. I may not agree with the political statement being made on the field being the best approach, but it doesn't anger me to the point where I'm going to burn my Jag stuff and stop attending games. Based on how the team has played at home the past few years, I'd say there are far more worthy things to protest than players taking a knee for the anthem, and I'm as much a patriot as there is. Start winning at home and the fans will return. Keep losing, and they won't.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2017, 02:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:53 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Our general attendance is round about 61k to 62k. A good chunk of that is usually fans from the visiting team. The Rams are a recently relocated franchise who have yet to even build a fanbase in their home town, let alone on the road. Take away the visiting fans from the normal attendance figure and you land almost exactly on the 56k figure that was announced yesterday.

The figure they announce is the tickets distributed, which is tickets sold or given away.  So maybe they sold and gave away 56,000 tickets, but if you looked at that stadium, that looked like the 4th quarter of a Thursday night preseason game.  It was EMPTY!  I'd bet there weren't more than 25,000 fans in attendance yesterday.   I looked at that and I said to myself, "Here comes more talk about moving the team."

And? Tickets sold is revenue earned.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 03:24 PM by David4499.)

CTE is made up to protect mentally challenged players. Look at the brains of other dead idiots and you will see.. they have it too and they never played a day of football.

(10-16-2017, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: A few players kneel down during the anthem, and loads of fans are perfectly willing to destroy our franchise over it.  

People...

Football is just a stupid game... and it's not our franchise.. it's Shad Conmans.... watch his team get sold in the next 3 years.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Just a random question, but why don't people at the game fill in the lower-tiered seats if they're empty (after the first quarter or so?) Looks like there were huge spaces in some premium seats from TV.

(10-16-2017, 03:28 PM)cland Wrote: Just a random question, but why don't people at the game fill in the lower-tiered seats if they're empty (after the first quarter or so?)  Looks like there were huge spaces in some premium seats from TV.

Because your tickets don't allow you to just wander the lower bowl looking for better seating.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(10-16-2017, 03:22 PM)David4499 Wrote: CTE is made up to protect mentally challenged players. Look at the brains of other dead idiots and you will see.. they have it too and they never played a day of football.

(10-16-2017, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: A few players kneel down during the anthem, and loads of fans are perfectly willing to destroy our franchise over it.  

People...

Football is just a stupid game... and it's not our franchise.. it's Shad Conmans.... watch his team get sold in the next 3 years.

That is the thing about CTE and being made up.  I don't think they are dissecting enough non-sports types.  I bet I have some CTE as well.  What is genetic as well?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-16-2017, 03:39 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:28 PM)cland Wrote: Just a random question, but why don't people at the game fill in the lower-tiered seats if they're empty (after the first quarter or so?)  Looks like there were huge spaces in some premium seats from TV.

Because your tickets don't allow you to just wander the lower bowl looking for better seating.

Hmm, at NRG Stadium (Texans arena) the stadium workers don't ever check your tickets to make sure you're in the right spot. Most fans don't really mind if you come in to fill empty seats (after people who haven't shown up/and obviously aren't in their particular seat.) I would think that it would help the crowd atmosphere/noise level, if the lower bowl was full.

(10-16-2017, 04:27 PM)cland Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:39 PM)FBT Wrote: Because your tickets don't allow you to just wander the lower bowl looking for better seating.

Hmm, at NRG Stadium (Texans arena) the stadium workers don't ever check your tickets to make sure you're in the right spot.  Most fans don't really mind if you codme in to fill empty seats (after people who haven't shown up/and obviously aren't in their particular seat.)  I would think that it would help the crowd atmosphere/noise level, if the lower bowl was full.

Well, this is not NRG hawn. tinhorns time is not now. We have bigger bidness in midst. See ya when we see ya.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 04:21 AM by BritJag.)

(10-16-2017, 02:37 PM)FBT Wrote: I've caught flak from quite a few friends for continuing to attend the games.  I may not agree with the political statement being made on the field being the best approach, but it doesn't anger me to the point where I'm going to burn my Jag stuff and stop attending games.  Based on how the team has played at home the past few years, I'd say there are far more worthy things to protest than players taking a knee for the anthem, and I'm as much a patriot as there is.  Start winning at home and the fans will return.  Keep losing, and they won't.

Cheers mate. Talk about the team, if you are a fan. Allow political influences to sway your passions, then you are north korea. I say no more. Go Jags!

Win at home, but also, fans, create the best home you can.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(10-16-2017, 09:57 AM)copycat Wrote: The city did not pay for the banner flying overhead, a citizen or group did.  That too is a part of free speech.

I stopped reading at "hick town".

Fact is the team has been terrible at home which keeps many fans from coming. I small number of fans want to make a political statement and boycott (for now) the team, losing at home makes that easier to do. And, sadly, we always have a large number of visiting fans, that wasn't the case on Sunday so.. combine all of that.. and you get a small crowd.

People...

Wait. 

So, it’s the fans’ fault? What about the player that chose to engage in what they already knew would be controversial?

They had to give away 5000 tickets to the titans game, which was before the protests. The low attendance isn't because of protests. It's because of being the worst team in football since 2012. The Jaguars from 2012-2016 had a worse winning percentage than the Lions under Matt Millen. This team has been the antithesis of winning under the ownership of Shad Khan, and a mediocre 3-3 record including 0-2 at home isn't going to change that.

This team has seats that are $19 a game on a season ticket purchase. That tells you all you need to know about demand for the product right now. I would bet they only sell around 45 thousand general bowl ticks on a season basis. Break that down to the folks who purchase them and the amount of actual households that are buying is staggering low for the amount that exist here and the surrounding close very populated areas. I mean, for instance I purchase six generals and two clubs. I know many others here purchase multiple seats as well. That's the core. Every other seat is constant churn in which the team struggles to sell weekly. I think the clubs sell out now and that is important.

More seats need to be purchased and they will if the damn team could simply start winning a few at home.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-16-2017, 03:49 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:22 PM)David4499 Wrote: CTE is made up to protect mentally challenged players. Look at the brains of other dead idiots and you will see.. they have it too and they never played a day of football.

That is the thing about CTE and being made up.  I don't think they are dissecting enough non-sports types.  I bet I have some CTE as well.  What is genetic as well?

Dissect the brains of Thieves, Men that physically abuse women, and chronic drug users... you will find CTE in all of them... The NFL is trying to cover up the practice of hiring terrible people for high profile jobs with this nonsense.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

It's funny how people can pay for a banner about kneeling to protest but cant pay for a banner about mistreatment and injustices done to their fellow citizens. That's what America is....But all in all, I had fun at the game and have a family full of military, active and retired. We have no problem with anyone taking a stance to protest for fellow citizens and are more po'd at non military members trying to speak for us.

(10-17-2017, 11:02 AM)JagAU09 Wrote: They had to give away 5000 tickets to the titans game, which was before the protests. The low attendance isn't because of protests. It's because of being the worst team in football since 2012. The Jaguars from 2012-2016 had a worse winning percentage than the Lions under Matt Millen. This team has been the antithesis of winning under the ownership of Shad Khan, and a mediocre 3-3 record including 0-2 at home isn't going to change that.

This right here, it has nothing to do with the protest

I have been checking resale sites for tickets to jaguars games since before the season, the Rams game has always been the cheapest, you can get $35 tickets for 200's section, people just didnt want to go to the Rams vs Jags game, Jags and Rams had been crappy teams the past few years, the teams winning starting the year didnt change their minds.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Its because everyone knows bortles sucks. Even people who don't follow the team closely know he's terrible.

Though I understand the importance and value of the annual London game to the Jaguars franchise, I'm wondering how much, if at all, the London game is taking it's toll on Jaguars home attendance in their other games. With one less regular season game, are some fans more reluctant to invest in Jaguars season tickets?

(10-17-2017, 04:10 PM)D6 Wrote: Though I understand the importance and value of the annual London game to the Jaguars franchise,  I'm wondering how much,  if at all, the London game is taking it's toll on Jaguars home attendance in their other games.  With one less regular season game,  are some fans more reluctant to invest in Jaguars season tickets?

That's certainly a possibility, especially for those folks who continue to think the team is eventually going to relocate.  The sad thing is that by their protest, they could wind up fulfilling their prediction.

(10-17-2017, 12:59 PM)LetsBReal Wrote: It's funny how people can pay for a banner about kneeling to protest but cant pay for a banner about mistreatment and injustices done to their fellow citizens.  That's what America is....But all in all, I had fun at the game and have a family full of military, active and retired.  We have no problem with anyone taking a stance to protest for fellow citizens and are more po'd at non military members trying to speak for us.

They are not speaking for you, they are speaking for themselves.  Each of us have a different view and perspective on just about every topic.  I am also a vet and come from a long line of veterans.  What miffs me is that collectively we cannot agree to disagree and respect each others views.  To me, THAT IS WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.