Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The season is not over

(10-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:28 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You are blind. Nobody thinks we will win the division because of Blake Bortles. We will win it despite him.

Housto will win the division, They got the Michael Jordan of QBs.

Why are people calling the city Houso?

Dabo Swinny was out of his mind when he called Deshaun Watson the Michael Jordan of QBs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

@NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

This is why we will never win consistently. Every team will Do This.

You know not every team will do it if you ever watch other teams.

(10-16-2017, 10:33 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

Clearly every team will do that. We have Marquise Lee as our #1 WR and our coach says out in the open "ALL we want to do is run". 

No hiding game plans like Belichick. Marrone just tells them what's coming.

(10-16-2017, 11:57 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:33 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

Clearly every team will do that. We have Marquise Lee as our #1 WR and our coach says out in the open "ALL we want to do is run". 

You honestly believe teams are stacking the box because of Lee and not Bortles?

I tried to support Bortles longer than most. But..damn...I don't see how anyone with two functioning eyeballs can say they see even an adequate NFL QB. We're stuck with him for the year at this point. But to pretend he'll EVER be any different is delusional.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 12:11 PM)Rico Wrote: I tried to support Bortles longer than most. But..damn...I don't see how anyone with two functioning eyeballs can say they see even an adequate NFL QB.  We're stuck with him for the year at this point.  But to pretend he'll EVER be any different is delusional.

Blake Bortles is better than some other QBs by a long shot. People act like anybody could play better than him when that is simply not true. He could be a serviceable backup. He can be a spot starter. Other teams will want him if they can't find anyone better. Is he default starter material? I can't find many posters who think so.

(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:57 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   Clearly every team will do that. We have Marquise Lee as our #1 WR and our coach says out in the open "ALL we want to do is run". 

You honestly believe teams are stacking the box because of Lee and not Bortles?

No. Listen again.....

Teams are stacking the line because they know the Jags game plan. Marrone announced it to the entire NFL.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 12:22 PM by Cleatwood.)

(10-16-2017, 12:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:11 PM)Rico Wrote: I tried to support Bortles longer than most. But..damn...I don't see how anyone with two functioning eyeballs can say they see even an adequate NFL QB.  We're stuck with him for the year at this point.  But to pretend he'll EVER be any different is delusional.

Blake Bortles is better than some other QBs by a long shot. People act like anybody could play better than him when that is simply not true. He could be a serviceable backup. He can be a spot starter. Other teams will want him if they can't find anyone better. Is he default starter material? I can't find many posters who think so.
By a long shot?!

Serviceable backup and yet he's better by a long shot? Off the top of my head, our QB situation is better than the Browns and...... that's about it. I'd honestly take McCown over Blake right now.

(10-16-2017, 12:20 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Frailbones Wrote: You honestly believe teams are stacking the box because of Lee and not Bortles?

No. Listen again.....

Teams are stacking the line because they know the Jags game plan. Marrone announced it to the entire NFL.
Whether he announced it or not, every team knows to stack the box. It's not rocket science. Bad QB and stud RB.... I wonder which one you should stop?

(10-16-2017, 12:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

You are clueless.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles is better than some other QBs by a long shot. People act like anybody could play better than him when that is simply not true. He could be a serviceable backup. He can be a spot starter. Other teams will want him if they can't find anyone better. Is he default starter material? I can't find many posters who think so.
By a long shot?!

Serviceable backup and yet he's better by a long shot? Off the top of my head, our QB situation is better than the Browns and...... that's about it. I'd honestly take McCown over Blake right now.

I did not say all QBs or name anyone specific. Who would rather take Josh McCown's backup, Christian Hackenberg, over Blake Bortles? When Brock Osweiler flopped in Houston, did anyone wish we signed him instead of the Texans? Who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick, who at one point led the NFL in turnovers? People say let's bring in competition and don't name any specific QBs except Colin Kaepernick.

(10-16-2017, 12:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Frailbones Wrote: By a long shot?!

I did not say all QBs or name anyone specific. Who would rather take Josh McCown's backup, Christian Hackenberg, over Blake Bortles? When Brock Osweiler flopped in Houston, did anyone wish we signed him instead of the Texans? Who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick, who at one point led the NFL in turnovers? People say let's bring in competition and don't name any specific QBs except Colin Kaepernick.
Where would you rank Blake when it comes to the 32 starting QBs in the league? We are not talking about backups.

(10-16-2017, 12:49 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I did not say all QBs or name anyone specific. Who would rather take Josh McCown's backup, Christian Hackenberg, over Blake Bortles? When Brock Osweiler flopped in Houston, did anyone wish we signed him instead of the Texans? Who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick, who at one point led the NFL in turnovers? People say let's bring in competition and don't name any specific QBs except Colin Kaepernick.
Where would you rank Blake when it comes to the 32 starting QBs in the league? We are not talking about backups.

I would rank Blake at 30 and that's pushing it.

(10-16-2017, 12:49 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I did not say all QBs or name anyone specific. Who would rather take Josh McCown's backup, Christian Hackenberg, over Blake Bortles? When Brock Osweiler flopped in Houston, did anyone wish we signed him instead of the Texans? Who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick, who at one point led the NFL in turnovers? People say let's bring in competition and don't name any specific QBs except Colin Kaepernick.

Brock Oswelie and Ryan Fitzpatrick were not backups all of last year.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:22 PM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles is better than some other QBs by a long shot. People act like anybody could play better than him when that is simply not true. He could be a serviceable backup. He can be a spot starter. Other teams will want him if they can't find anyone better. Is he default starter material? I can't find many posters who think so.
By a long shot?!

(10-16-2017, 12:20 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:    No. Listen again.....

Whether he announced it or not, every team knows to stack the box. It's not rocket science. Bad QB and stud RB.... I wonder which one you should stop?

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and more defense and run more.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:24 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(10-16-2017, 10:08 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:00 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Have.... Have you watched the Browns play?

The Jags play down to their level.  The game thread and the forum threads go ballistic with anger threads. lol

(10-16-2017, 01:17 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Frailbones Wrote: By a long shot?!

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and run more.

Yea Jags were so ground and pound when we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan catching 90 balls for over 1000 yards

The Giants were so ground and pound with Eli throwing over 4,000 yards for 5 years and almost there 2 other years with Tom

Your clueless Coughlin likes a wide open offense with a good running game
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-16-2017, 01:23 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:08 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The Jags play down to their level.  The game thread and the forum threads go ballistic with anger threads. lol

(10-16-2017, 01:17 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and run more.

Yea Jags were so ground and pound when we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan catching 90 balls for over 1000 yards

The Giants were so ground and pound with Eli throwing over 4,000 yards for 5 years and almost there 2 other years with Tom

Thanks for proving my point. Brunell ONLY threw over 3,300 yards ONCE. Yes, McCardell and Jimmy were great but those Coughlin Jag teams WERE ground and pound. NEXT

(10-16-2017, 01:23 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Yea Jags were so ground and pound when we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan catching 90 balls for over 1000 yards

You are clueless if you think what the best two WRs in franchise history has any relevance to our current WR room.

(10-16-2017, 01:28 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:23 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Yea Jags were so ground and pound when we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan catching 90 balls for over 1000 yards

You are clueless if you think what the best two WRs in franchise history has any relevance to our current WR room.

Yes, he is clueless. Plus Blake threw for 1,000 more yards per year with 2 average possessions WRs and one slot WR Lee who leads the league in drops.

(10-16-2017, 01:30 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:28 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You are clueless if you think what the best two WRs in franchise history has any relevance to our current WR room.

Yes, he is clueless. Plus Blake threw for 1,000 more yards per year with 2 average possessions WRs and one slot WR Lee who leads the league in drops.

What on Earth are you talking about?