Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The season is not over

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:35 PM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 01:23 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:08 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The Jags play down to their level.  The game thread and the forum threads go ballistic with anger threads. lol

(10-16-2017, 01:17 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and run more.

Yea Jags were so ground and pound when we had Jimmy Smith and Keenan catching 90 balls for over 1000 yards

The Giants were so ground and pound with Eli throwing over 4,000 yards for 5 years and almost there 2 other years with Tom

Your clueless Coughlin likes a wide open offense with a good running game

Brunell ONLY averaged 214 yards per game BY DESIGN. Tom Coughlin wants to win and control the clock. That might look great on paper but that's not what wins football games. It's running and defense. 

Bortles was averaging 276 yards per game passing in 2015. That's not what wins games. Defense, rushing and controlling the clock.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:36 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-16-2017, 12:21 PM)Frailbones Wrote: By a long shot?!

Serviceable backup and yet he's better by a long shot? Off the top of my head, our QB situation is better than the Browns and...... that's about it. I'd honestly take McCown over Blake right now.

Whether he announced it or not, every team knows to stack the box. It's not rocket science. Bad QB and stud RB.... I wonder which one you should stop?

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and more defense and run more.

Pretty funny you talking about geniuses.

You might want to check your facts before making [BLEEP] up.

Pass attempts:

Brunell

Manning
197 in 7 games

Ground and pound.  Yeah...you know what you're talking about alright.

Or maybe he's a great coach who plays to his strengths and AWAY from his weaknesses.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 01:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:30 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Yes, he is clueless. Plus Blake threw for 1,000 more yards per year with 2 average possessions WRs and one slot WR Lee who leads the league in drops.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Blake has averaged more than 1,000 more yards per season and about 10 TD more per season than Brunell has with a fraction of the talent at WR or RB (until this season).

(10-16-2017, 01:35 PM)Rico Wrote:

It's irrelevant who the QB is. Tom Coughlin's game plan is ALWAYS "ground and pound". You geniuses think Coughlin is going to go after Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins you don't have a CLUE who Tom Coughlin is. Coughlin is going to draft more OL and more defense and run more.

Pretty funny you talking about geniuses.

Pass attempts:

Brunell

Manning
197 in 7 games

Or maybe he's a great coach who plays to his strengths and AWAY from his weaknesses.

That's dandy....but what JAGS fans can't get UNDERSTAND is Eli Manning is a future HALL OF FAMER. Jags aren't getting a Hall of Fame level QB. You people have some serious imaginations

(10-16-2017, 01:35 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Brunell ONLY averaged 214 yards per game BY DESIGN. Tom Coughlin wants to win and control the clock. That might look great on paper but that's not what wins football games. It's running and defense. 

Bortles was averaging 276 yards per game passing in 2015. That's not what wins games. Defense, rushing and controlling the clock.

Average yards per game means absolutely nothing here. You aren't comparing the same number of games, similar players, the same NFL season and age of the QBs, etc.

(10-16-2017, 01:42 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:35 PM)Rico Wrote: Pretty funny you talking about geniuses.

Pass attempts:

Brunell

Manning
197 in 7 games

That's dandy....but what JAGS fans can't get UNDERSTAND is Eli Manning is a future HALL OF FAMER. Jags aren't getting a Hall of Fame level QB. You people have some serious imaginations

Well that wasn't your narrative Mrs. Bortles.  Your words were that no matter who the QB is that Coughlin will ALWAYS be ground and pound.

Can't even remember your lies and excuses from ONE post ago.  Pathetic.

(10-16-2017, 01:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:35 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Brunell ONLY averaged 214 yards per game BY DESIGN. Tom Coughlin wants to win and control the clock. That might look great on paper but that's not what wins football games. It's running and defense. 

Average yards per game means absolutely nothing here. You aren't comparing the same number of games, similar players, the same NFL season and age of the QBs, etc.

Tell that to Dan Marino, Brett Favre and others. 

Brunell was good because he had McCardell and Smith and Coughlin's game plans.

A-Rob is on McCardell's level. Both are more the possession type WRs. All of other current WRs couldn't hold a candle to what Jimmy was.

(10-16-2017, 01:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:49 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Where would you rank Blake when it comes to the 32 starting QBs in the league? We are not talking about backups.

Brock Oswelie and Ryan Fitzpatrick were not backups all of last year.
I'm talking about this year. Keep up.

(10-16-2017, 01:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:42 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:  That's dandy....but what JAGS fans can't get UNDERSTAND is Eli Manning is a future HALL OF FAMER. Jags aren't getting a Hall of Fame level QB. You people have some serious imaginations

Well that wasn't your narrative Mrs. Bortles.  Your words were that no matter who the QB is that Coughlin will ALWAYS be ground and pound.

Meanwhile you still think Lamar Jackson is an NFL QB. hahaha

SCJ obviously has not watched Eli Manning play since he won Super Bowl 46. Until last night, the Giants were Odell Beckham and everyone else.

(10-16-2017, 01:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:49 PM)Rico Wrote: Well that wasn't your narrative Mrs. Bortles.  Your words were that no matter who the QB is that Coughlin will ALWAYS be ground and pound.

Do you think Blake is a good QB? Yes or no.

(10-16-2017, 01:54 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Meanwhile you still think Lamar Jackson is an NFL QB. hahaha

I am surprised you asked.

And who said anything about Lamar Jackson being an option this long before the draft?

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 02:04 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-16-2017, 01:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:49 PM)Rico Wrote: Well that wasn't your narrative Mrs. Bortles.  Your words were that no matter who the QB is that Coughlin will ALWAYS be ground and pound.

Senile as well.

Go ahead.  Find a post anywhere that I even mention his name.  Anywhere.  I'll wait.

Then again, we've had this same discussion before but you're too dense to remember.

Because this thread is about the 2017 season there is no reason to bring up possibilities for next year's QB. In fact I started it to encourage discussions about how good we can be in the next 10 games instead of who should be our QB in 2018. Not saying I expect to go on a long winning streak, but we need to remember the division title is still within reach and it is a terrible time to think about next year with 10 games left.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 02:12 PM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 01:54 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   Meanwhile you still think Lamar Jackson is an NFL QB. hahaha

Yes, I think he is a top 12-15 QB and until the Jags can find someone better why even debate it? 

There are certain players who are replaceable and certain players who aren't. TJ Yeldon for example is garbage. Clearly needed a 1,000-1,500 yard RB and not a 400 yard back. Upgrading Yeldon is EASY. Upgrading Bortles is NOT easy. Most on this board wanted Brian Hoyer in the offseason or Henne. Those aren't upgrades.

I don't even listen to the clueless who think Eli Manning or Kirk Cousins is going to WANT to come here.

Boy I'll be glad when the two of you are gone next year. Maybe you can get a seat near him while he's toting a clipboard around for his new team.

(10-16-2017, 02:11 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:54 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Do you think Blake is a good QB? Yes or no.

Yes, I think he is a top 12-15 QB and until the Jags can find someone better why even debate it? 

There are certain players who are replaceable and certain players who aren't. TJ Yeldon for example is garbage. Clearly needed a 1,000-1,500 yard RB and not a 400 yard back. Upgrading Yeldon is EASY. Upgrading Bortles is NOT easy. Most on this board wanted Brian Hoyer in the offseason or Henne. Those aren't upgrades.
Top 12-15? lol

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Ben, Eli, Winston, Dak, Cousins, Palmer, Wilson, Rivers, Carr, Smith, Stafford, Newton, Luck,(when healthy). Those are just ones you can't even debate.

Mariota, Dalton, Bradford, Flacco, Goff, Taylor, Tannehill, Wentz are all better than Blake but you are clearly the only person on the planet who doesn't think so.

You're gonna leave once Blake leaves to be a backup somewhere, right?

(10-16-2017, 02:11 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:54 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Do you think Blake is a good QB? Yes or no.

I don't even listen to the clueless who think Eli Manning or Kirk Cousins is going to WANT to come here.

Name five people who wanted Brian Hoyer, who is stinking it up with a coach he had in the past.

Name 15-18 QBs under age 30 who are worse than Blake Bortles.

(10-16-2017, 02:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:11 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Yes, I think he is a top 12-15 QB and until the Jags can find someone better why even debate it? 

Name five people who wanted Brian Hoyer, who is stinking it up with a coach he had in the past.

I would take Brian Hoyer right now over Bortles. If I'm Jags I'm making a call. He has nothing to work with in SF

(10-16-2017, 03:04 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Name five people who wanted Brian Hoyer, who is stinking it up with a coach he had in the past.

I would take Brian Hoyer right now over Bortles. If I'm Jags I'm making a call. He has nothing to work with in SF

You are one person. SCJ claimed most people wanted Hoyer.