Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not another pass

In fairness. I never see wide receivers open either. You are right though, it does look harder than it should.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You been saving this one up huh

You write this after Bortles has a solid game lol

The loss was on the ST and the crappy refs not Blake
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-16-2017, 11:49 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: You been saving this one up huh

You write this after Bortles has a solid game lol

The loss was on the ST and the crappy refs not Blake

They always do.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I think the larger point of this thread is to highlight how if Blake is needed to make a play with the game on the line it won’t happen. Even with the two tds on special teams given up, we were still down by a td with more than 10 minutes left and still got the ball 2-3 more possessions until the game was over. In those moments Blake couldn’t get it done. Good qbs hide the fact that other areas of the team is weak. It is impossible to expect the entire team to play perfect every week just to maybe have a chance to win cause the qb can’t do it with his arm.

Unfortunately this a dead horse that will be beat until the offseason. I’m still behind the guy because he’s our guy and that won’t change until it’s all over. But it is frustrating to know if you go down a score for an reason the game is over even if it occurs in the first quarter.

Blake is the ultimate scapegoat for you game watchers. smh.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Bortles only has trouble throwing within the Continental United States.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:20 PM by Etdavis2006.)

When a team plays. 6-3 defense or 4-4 defense the majority of the game that’s all you need to know about what they think you qb is capable of.

I think we all understand special teams lost that game. The frustration is that with those two horrible plays we were still only down 7 points in the fourth and got the ball at least two more times before the Rams kicked that final field goal. Blake just couldn’t take advantage of no safety playing deep and 6 dudes on the line of scrimmage. I think that is the focus of everyone placing the onus on Blake. If the rest of the team doesn’t play perfect you might as well count it as a loss. One major mistake by anyone else and the game is essentially over.

It's so simple.

Bortles can't convert a 3rd down. That's really all you need to know.

(10-16-2017, 02:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It's so simple.

Well... if everyone around him were better.... we ...wouldn't need 3rd downs?
Ninja
Confused
Sick

(10-16-2017, 02:56 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It's so simple.

Well... if everyone around him were better.... we ...wouldn't need 3rd downs?
Ninja
Confused
Sick

At least the O-line, WRs and TE.

Wait.

Thats almost everyone.

(Shrugs)
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(10-16-2017, 10:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

This is why we will never win consistently. Every team will Do This.

It's really easy to stack the box when you only have 1, or 2 WRs on the field. That guy posted 3 pictures along with that tweet and in 2 of them, we only have 1 WR on the field. The other one has 2 WRs.

So you should stop acting like we lined up 5 wide and they simply just left guys wide open and stacked the box. This Offense is stacking the box against themselves most of the time. We have zero TE threat and only 1 WR on the field WAY too much. What do you think is going to happen?

(10-16-2017, 05:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

This is why we will never win consistently. Every team will Do This.

It's really easy to stack the box when you only have 1, or 2 WRs on the field. That guy posted 3 pictures along with that tweet and in 2 of them, we only have 1 WR on the field. The other one has 2 WRs.

So you should stop acting like we lined up 5 wide and they simply just left guys wide open and stacked the box. This Offense is stacking the box against themselves most of the time. We have zero TE threat and only 1 WR on the field WAY too much. What do you think is going to happen?

I have pointed this out so many times this year. It's really hard to believe how little traction something so elementary has gotten. Defensive formations are simply math.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 07:25 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-16-2017, 06:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's really easy to stack the box when you only have 1, or 2 WRs on the field. That guy posted 3 pictures along with that tweet and in 2 of them, we only have 1 WR on the field. The other one has 2 WRs.

I have pointed this out so many times this year. It's really hard to believe how little traction something so elementary has gotten. Defensive formations are simply math.

I think the larger point is that the defense sold out against the run and Bortles couldn’t beat it. The lambs were able to throw and run from their base. That is basic football just like you said about the numbers game. If you can’t run and throw from your base you can’t be a balanced offense. What’s more telling is that when we went to a pass formation they went to there base defenses 3-4. What does that means? 

That’s the larger point. If your qb can’t do it he just can’t do it. No amount of scheming will not change the fact he can’t hit an open receiver that’s being covered by a linebacker. Defenses are completely selling out against the run. They aren’t even concerned with the forward pass because we have number 5 back there.

Once you accept Blake’s 2015 stats were 100% because Robinson caught a ton of jump balls, you will have more clarity regarding our passing offense.

(10-16-2017, 07:31 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Once you accept Blake’s 2015 stats were 100% because Robinson caught a ton of jump balls, you will have more clarity regarding our passing offense.

So I'm curious, what were Hurns' 1000 yards and 10 TDs if Robinson was 100% of the reason?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 07:24 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I have pointed this out so many times this year. It's really hard to believe how little traction something so elementary has gotten. Defensive formations are simply math.

I think the larger point is that the defense sold out against the run and Bortles couldn’t beat it. The lambs were able to throw and run from their base. That is basic football just like you said about the numbers game. If you can’t run and throw from your base you can’t be a balanced offense. What’s more telling is that when we went to a pass formation they went to there base defenses 3-4. What does that means? 

That’s the larger point. If your qb can’t do it he just can’t do it. No amount of scheming will not change the fact he can’t hit an open receiver that’s being covered by a linebacker. Defenses are completely selling out against the run. They aren’t even concerned with the forward pass because we have number 5 back there.

Of course, nothing is fixing the passing game at this point of the season. Well, maybe the Westbrook that beat up on 3rd/4th stringers that aren't in the league anymore can immediately return and be gangbusters...but barring that miracle the passing game is what it is.

The point of the stacked boxes is that we could/should spread the field out more just using decoy WRs to force more DBs onto the field and in general away from the box. That would help the run game immensely.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 08:06 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-16-2017, 07:56 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 07:24 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I think the larger point is that the defense sold out against the run and Bortles couldn’t beat it. The lambs were able to throw and run from their base. That is basic football just like you said about the numbers game. If you can’t run and throw from your base you can’t be a balanced offense. What’s more telling is that when we went to a pass formation they went to there base defenses 3-4. What does that means? 

Of course, nothing is fixing the passing game at this point of the season. Well, maybe the Westbrook that beat up on 3rd/4th stringers that aren't in the league anymore can immediately return and be gangbusters...but barring that miracle the passing game is what it is.

The point of the stacked boxes is that we could/should spread the field out more just using decoy WRs to force more DBs onto the field and in general away from the box. That would help the run game immensely.

I’m with you but when we went to 11 personnel They went from 4-4 to 3-4 which is a base defense. We would have to go to a 4 receiver set just to get 5 DBs on the field lol. The passing game is what it is. All we have is a running game.

(10-16-2017, 07:42 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 07:31 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Once you accept Blake’s 2015 stats were 100% because Robinson caught a ton of jump balls, you will have more clarity regarding our passing offense.

So I'm curious, what were Hurns' 1000 yards and 10 TDs if Robinson was 100% of the reason?

On 105 targets, Hurns caught 65 passes. Sounds like a bunch of prayers were put up and those to made a bunch of plays. 

I watched the games. We were out of them before those two even got going.

Matter of fact I’ll contend, I’m sure a few of those were fades/jump balls in the red zone.

I know I’ve never watched this guy just drop back and eat a defense alive without it being primarily due to long jump balls being completed. I support him and he’s our guy until he isn’t but I’ve seen enough to know what he is.

If you don't have wide receivers who get wide open them how do you complete non contested passes? Life is a lot easier for qbs throwing to a Ty Hilton type.

(10-16-2017, 08:04 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 07:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Of course, nothing is fixing the passing game at this point of the season. Well, maybe the Westbrook that beat up on 3rd/4th stringers that aren't in the league anymore can immediately return and be gangbusters...but barring that miracle the passing game is what it is.

I’m with you but when we went to 11 personnel They went from 4-4 to 3-4 which is a base defense. We would have to go to a 4 receiver set just to get 5 DBs on the field lol. The passing game is what it is. All we have is a running game.

(10-16-2017, 07:42 PM)Rico Wrote: So I'm curious, what were Hurns' 1000 yards and 10 TDs if Robinson was 100% of the reason?

On 105 targets, Hurns caught 65 passes. Sounds like a bunch of prayers were put up and those to made a bunch of plays. 

I watched the games. We were out of them before those two even got going.

How silly of me.  I'm one of the few original remaining season ticket holders.  I've never watched any games.  

I'm over Bortles.  Way over Bortles.  But to try to totally discount his 2015 is...well...bull [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]