Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not another pass

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 09:15 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-16-2017, 08:38 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:04 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I’m with you but when we went to 11 personnel They went from 4-4 to 3-4 which is a base defense. We would have to go to a 4 receiver set just to get 5 DBs on the field lol. The passing game is what it is. All we have is a running game.

On 105 targets, Hurns caught 65 passes. Sounds like a bunch of prayers were put up and those to made a bunch of plays. 

I watched the games. We were out of them before those two even got going.

How silly of me.  I'm one of the few original remaining season ticket holders.  I've never watched any games.  

I'm over Bortles.  Way over Bortles.  But to try to totally discount his 2015 is...well...bull [BLEEP].

I see you haven’t accepted that year to be an outlier and that’s okay. To me that was a year full of luck. I’ve seen that one time. This year looks like 2014 and 2016. He actually looks worse than he did in 2014. Our version of Josh Freemen. 

Watching this clots game right now I’d legit take Brissett over Blake and I’d never thought I’d say that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brissett and Mariota would neither be a significant upgrade. We would just want another new qb

(10-16-2017, 09:18 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Brissett and Mariota would neither be a significant upgrade. We would just want another new qb

Agreed. Neither would be a signifacnt upgrade but they are definitely an upgrade. We would have an average passing attack

(10-16-2017, 09:36 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:18 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Brissett and Mariota would neither be a significant upgrade. We would just want another new qb

Agreed. Neither would be a signifacnt upgrade but they are definitely an upgrade. We would have an average passing attack

Without a doubt they are upgrades, and arguably significant (mostly because Blake is so bad). They can actually routinely survey the field, find the best receiver, and throw strikes with some zip. Blake very rarely does any of that.

(10-16-2017, 09:41 PM)keeper88 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:36 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Agreed. Neither would be a signifacnt upgrade but they are definitely an upgrade. We would have an average passing attack

Without a doubt they are upgrades, and arguably significant (mostly because Blake is so bad). They can actually routinely survey the field, find the best receiver, and throw strikes with some zip. Blake very rarely does any of that.

Watching this game, if we had Brissett we would have a top 20 passing attack At minimum with all the stacked boxes he would see. Brissett has a YPA of 7.9. Impressive

Next year, we sign a big name FA QB, and we draft TWO QBs. One with with the first round pick, and I don't care which round we pick the second. We need to develop that position with a young guy. And given the success of guys like Watson, it's not inconceivable that a rookie could play well his first year.

One thing I want in a rookie QB - I need to see a high completion percentage in college - over 60%. I DO NOT want to spend a first round pick on a 'project', like we did with Blake. There were all kinds of red flags with Bottles at UCF, and Caldwell chose to believe they were fixable.

How often is a good big name qb available in free agency? Manning and Brees both were in pretty exceptional circumstances. So sure if an Eli or someone becomes available

I agree on the FA QB situation. I don't think Cousins is going anywhere. Same for Brees. I'd love to get Manning for a third round pick, but I don't see that happening either. Alex Smith? Is he a free agent next year? If he isn't, the Chiefs are going to ask for a first round pick for him - and probably more. I would if I were them. I don't want to give up our first round pick- for anyone.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:07 PM by Etdavis2006.)

The reality is we will proly be drafting in the 15-19 range. That’s Josh Allen, Thorson, Mayfeild, Faulk, Jackson area. I don’t see us having a chance at Darnold, Rosen or Rudolph unless we trade up to the top 10. Maybe is one of them fall to 12 we can get lucky but those are most likely the guys we get to choose from. SignBrees in FA and develop the guy for a year or two then see what you got.

(10-16-2017, 10:03 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I agree on the FA QB situation. I don't think Cousins is going anywhere. Same for Brees. I'd love to get Manning for a third round pick, but I don't see that happening either. Alex Smith? Is he a free agent next year? If he isn't, the Chiefs are going to ask for a first round pick for him - and probably more. I would if I were them. I don't want to give up our first round pick- for anyone.

No Smith isn’t but Brees is. I don’t see the Saints trying to pay Drew 17-22 million when they are trying to rebuild and I don’t see him wanting to stay. It sounds like that relationship is strained. Peyton and Brees has run its course in in the NOLA. He wants to play into his forties like Brady. He would be my target if I’m running this team. Then draft a young guy to sit behind a Brees for 1-3 years and learn from him. That’s to me is the ideal situation next off-season.

Its a shame. Brissett better than Bortles already

I would love to have Brees. But I can't see him leaving NO for sentimental reasons - he won the Super Bowl there. I would be overjoyed if I was wrong - and he signed with the Jags.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:17 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Bahahaha last year the Bipolar Jags fans were saying Mariota was the next coming of Jesus. This year it's Watson. Mariota has 3 TDs and 4 INTs in 5 games. 

Bortles isn't as bad as you people think. Last year Matt Ryan was MVP---this year he's a 6 TD/6 INT QB

(10-16-2017, 10:10 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I would love to have Brees. But I can't see him leaving NO for sentimental reasons - he won the Super Bowl there. I would be overjoyed if I was wrong - and he signed with the Jags.

Here's an idea....Let's get Sammy Baugh

I do have to give credit to the Colts. They were only expecting to miss their franchise QB for a few weeks and they still made the move to dump a former first rounder to take a stab at filling their QB need with a competent bridge player, and Brissett looks like he may even be more than that.

We had known bad QBs who were both performing awful all offseason and for some godforsaken reason we decided to stand pat and not try to make any moves. If we had Brissett we would be 5-1 right now, and maybe Marqise instead of Dorsett would have gotten it done.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 12:05 AM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-16-2017, 11:57 PM)Upper Wrote: I do have to give credit to the Colts. They were only expecting to miss their franchise QB for a few weeks and they still made the move to dump a former first rounder to take a stab at filling their QB need with a competent bridge player, and Brissett looks like he may even be more than that.

We had known bad QBs who were both performing awful all offseason and for some godforsaken reason we decided to stand pat and not try to make any moves. If we had Brissett we would be 5-1 right now, and maybe Marqise instead of Dorsett would have gotten it done.

Exactly. Minnesota did the same thing last year and gave up much more. I do believe moves could have been made to upgrade the position as well as not mortgage the future and allow you to upgrade the position again the following year. It’s very frustrating to watch this team just commit to these guys this long but it is what it is. I’m sure they get the picture now and will do everything possibly to avoid being in this same spot next year.

When we move on from Bortles, I'd prefer it to be with a journeyman free agent QB and a high draft pick behind him. One of the biggest thing that limits a team's salary cap is a large veteran quarterback contract. If you can get 5 years with a rookie's contract you can continue to build. Paying elite quarterback money pretty emphatically states to the league, "We're already built." This team still has some more building to do on offense.

(10-16-2017, 09:14 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:38 PM)Rico Wrote: How silly of me.  I'm one of the few original remaining season ticket holders.  I've never watched any games.  

I'm over Bortles.  Way over Bortles.  But to try to totally discount his 2015 is...well...bull [BLEEP].

I see you haven’t accepted that year to be an outlier and that’s okay. To me that was a year full of luck. I’ve seen that one time. This year looks like 2014 and 2016. He actually looks worse than he did in 2014. Our version of Josh Freemen. 

Watching this clots game right now I’d legit take Brissett over Blake and I’d never thought I’d say that.

Yawn.  Luck and outlier aren't the same thing.  But you keep telling yourself that.  That's fine if it makes you feel smart.  Apparently you need it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 07:14 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 09:48 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Next year, we sign a big name FA QB, and we draft TWO QBs.  One with with the first round pick, and I don't care which round we pick the second. We need to develop that position with a young guy. And given the success of guys like Watson, it's not inconceivable that a rookie could play well his first year.

One thing I want in a rookie QB - I need to see a high completion percentage in college - over 60%.  I DO NOT want to spend a first round pick on a 'project', like we did with Blake. There were all kinds of red flags with Bottles at UCF, and Caldwell chose to believe they were fixable.

Bortles was 65% in college. In case you didn't know completion % in college is irrelevant

(10-16-2017, 10:09 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Its a shame. Brissett better than Bortles already

Brissett has played in 9 NFL games and has 3 TD passes. Some of you have NO idea how to evaluate QBs

(10-17-2017, 07:12 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:48 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Next year, we sign a big name FA QB, and we draft TWO QBs.  One with with the first round pick, and I don't care which round we pick the second. We need to develop that position with a young guy. And given the success of guys like Watson, it's not inconceivable that a rookie could play well his first year.

One thing I want in a rookie QB - I need to see a high completion percentage in college - over 60%.  I DO NOT want to spend a first round pick on a 'project', like we did with Blake. There were all kinds of red flags with Bottles at UCF, and Caldwell chose to believe they were fixable.

Bortles was 65% in college. In case you didn't know completion % in college is irrelevant

(10-16-2017, 10:09 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Its a shame. Brissett better than Bortles already

Brissett has played in 9 NFL games and has 3 TD passes. Some of you have NO idea how to evaluate QBs

It gets worse, haveaseat wants Kizer lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 07:47 AM by Eric1.)

(10-17-2017, 02:32 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: When we move on from Bortles, I'd prefer it to be with a journeyman free agent QB and a high draft pick behind him.  One of the biggest thing that limits a team's salary cap is a large veteran quarterback contract.  If you can get 5 years with a rookie's contract you can continue to build.  Paying elite quarterback money pretty emphatically states to the league, "We're already built."  This team still has some more building to do on offense.

If there's still more building to do on Offense, why is Bortles being blamed for literally everything (even when he's not even on the field)? This team is either a QB away, or it isn't. There's no in between.

If the Offense needs more building, then the QB shouldn't be fully blamed like he has been. If it's this current QB's fault, than whoever the new QB is should come in instantly and lead this team to at least 10 wins. Regardless of if he's a rookie, or a vet.

This team is in a very good/very bad position right now. It's not going to matter one bit who the QB is. A Rookie is going to get an awfully short leash and a Vet is going to get an even shorter leash. The amount of pressure that's going to be on any QB that joins this team is going to be so huge, it's going to be ridiculous. Especially with this bi-polar, flip-flopping fan base.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 07:56 AM by FreeAgent01.)

(10-17-2017, 07:44 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 02:32 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: When we move on from Bortles, I'd prefer it to be with a journeyman free agent QB and a high draft pick behind him.  One of the biggest thing that limits a team's salary cap is a large veteran quarterback contract.  If you can get 5 years with a rookie's contract you can continue to build.  Paying elite quarterback money pretty emphatically states to the league, "We're already built."  This team still has some more building to do on offense.

If there's still more building to do on Offense, why is Bortles being blamed for literally everything (even when he's not even on the field)? This team is either a QB away, or it isn't. There's no in between.

If the Offense needs more building, then the QB shouldn't be fully blamed like he has been. If it's this current QB's fault, than whoever the new QB is should come in instantly and lead this team to at least 10 wins. Regardless of if he's a rookie, or a vet.

This team is in a very good/very bad position right now. It's not going to matter one bit who the QB is. A Rookie is going to get an awfully short leash and a Vet is going to get an even shorter leash. The amount of pressure that's going to be on any QB that joins this team is going to be so huge, it's going to be ridiculous. Especially with this bi-polar, flip-flopping fan base.

I agree.

However, the writing is on the wall that Bortles won't be around very much longer. If we are going to move on, I prefer it to be a cheap quarterback so we can fix some of the offensive issues and not put the next quarterback in another unwinnable situation.