Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Rams Game

(10-16-2017, 09:23 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:  Too bad we have no offense.

We have plenty of offense for having no WRs. This is Tom Coughlin offense. Jags are 10th in total offense 

2015- Jags were 10th in passing and 27th in rushing ------ #18 overall

2017- Jags are 27th in passing and 1st in rushing  ------   #10 overall

It doesn't matter how you get it done. Rushing/defense is Coughlin football. If the Jags DID ever bring in a new QB, he would be doing the same exact thing. This is what Coughlin     wants.
Seriously? You think if we brought in any other QB the offense would be doing the same thing?

You're delusional. There's a reason this offense looks the way it does and a reason that the Rams played ZERO SAFETIES IN COVERAGE. It's because no one in the league respects our QB and the passing game. You're trying to blame all of this on the WRs? Get a clue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This team is just ripping my [BLEEP] heart out. It was almost easier to watch them when I KNEW they were going to lose. We're not going anywhere without a new QB and unfortunately we have what we have until end of year. [BLEEP]!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 08:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:22 AM)copycat Wrote: On the same play Bortles was hit very late and of coarse no call.

The fumble recovery should have lead to a touchdown but was blown dead and down by contact by the line judge.  Instead we got the ball at the spot of the fumble.

The refs are supposedy (unless the NFL is propping up the already failing LA franchise) taught in cases like this to err on the side of not blowing the whistle under the rationale that if it is not a fumble, it could always be reversed.  They went against their training on that play.  We should have scored a TD on that play and gotten the momentum.
Fixed that for you.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Just sign Kap and be done with it already.

(10-16-2017, 09:38 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Just sign Kap and be done with it already.

Grow a brain please.  Yeah, that would go over real well in a military town.  We've already lost people from the National Anthem fiasco and you want to sign Kaepernick?  [BLEEP] brilliant.

I didn’t watch the game but from what I’ve read we’ve been bitten again by the curse of the one dimensional offense. Until we can get a QB who can sling the ball we’re the easiest team in the NFL to game plan against.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:17 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 09:29 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:23 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:    
  We have plenty of offense for having no WRs. This is Tom Coughlin offense. Jags are 10th in total offense 

2015- Jags were 10th in passing and 27th in rushing ------ #18 overall

2017- Jags are 27th in passing and 1st in rushing  ------   #10 overall

It doesn't matter how you get it done. Rushing/defense is Coughlin football. If the Jags DID ever bring in a new QB, he would be doing the same exact thing. This is what Coughlin     wants.
Seriously? You think if we brought in any other QB the offense would be doing the same thing?

You're delusional. There's a reason this offense looks the way it does and a reason that the Rams played ZERO SAFETIES IN COVERAGE. It's because no one in the league respects our QB and the passing game. You're trying to blame all of this on the WRs? Get a clue.

You're delusional. Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee and Allen Hurns are terrible WRs. The Jags can ONLY win by running the ball no matter WHO the QB is. 

Hurns is a 40 yard per game WR. He's bad.

(10-16-2017, 09:38 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Just sign Kap and be done with it already.

He has a 3-16 record with a 52 QBR his last 19 games. That racist cops are pigs loser better be putting up Tom Brady numbers if he EVER wants to play again.

So, in other words, for Bortles to be even average he needs a PERFECT team around him.

Doesn't sound like much of a franchise QB to me.

(10-16-2017, 10:15 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:29 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Seriously? You think if we brought in any other QB the offense would be doing the same thing?

You're delusional. Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee and Allen Hurns are terrible WRs. The Jags can ONLY win by running the ball no matter WHO the QB is. 

He has a 3-16 record with a 52 QBR his last 19 games. That racist cops are pigs loser better be putting up Tom Brady numbers if he EVER wants to play again.

You also said Deshaun Watson would suck when people were throwing his name around in the draft. You're just stuck on Bortles and nothing is his fault. He was getting our WRs killed yesterday because of his inaccuracy and high throws. Every throw wobbles and he can't ever throw to a receiver in stride. It's either behind or in front which is why they are tipped and intercepted.
Here we go again

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:24 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 10:19 AM)Preach Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:15 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   You're delusional. Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee and Allen Hurns are terrible WRs. The Jags can ONLY win by running the ball no matter WHO the QB is. 

You also said Deshaun Watson would suck when people were throwing his name around in the draft. You're just stuck on Bortles and nothing is his fault. He was getting our WRs killed yesterday because of his inaccuracy and high throws. Every throw wobbles and he can't ever throw to a receiver in stride. It's either behind or in front which is why they are tipped and intercepted.

I LOVE it when the media falls in love with QBs after 5 games. Like when the media told you Kaepernick was the next MVP candidate or RG3 was good in his rookie year or if Teddy "14 TD a season" Bridgewater is truly an NFL starter. 

Give Watson 3 years and tell me how good he is......guy threw for 5 TDs vs the Chiefs in garbage time in a game that he completed 51% of his passes. His stats are very misleading.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:24 AM by Preach.)

(10-16-2017, 09:29 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Seriously? You think if we brought in any other QB the offense would be doing the same thing?

52 QBR is his career total. He had a 90 rating in 2016. 16/4 td/int. I would take that any day over Bortles.

(10-16-2017, 10:22 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:19 AM)Preach Wrote: You also said Deshaun Watson would suck when people were throwing his name around in the draft. You're just stuck on Bortles and nothing is his fault. He was getting our WRs killed yesterday because of his inaccuracy and high throws. Every throw wobbles and he can't ever throw to a receiver in stride. It's either behind or in front which is why they are tipped and intercepted.

I LOVE it when the media falls in love with QBs after 5 games. Like when the media told you Kaepernick was the next MVP candidate or RG3 was good in his rookie year or if Teddy "14 TD a season" Bridgewater is truly an NFL starter. 

Give Watson 3 years and tell me how good he is.

We've given Bortles 3 years and we're telling you how good he is and you're in denial.
Here we go again

Man. I can't wait for Blake to be gone so you will be gone as well.

(10-16-2017, 10:19 AM)Preach Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:15 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   You're delusional. Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee and Allen Hurns are terrible WRs. The Jags can ONLY win by running the ball no matter WHO the QB is. 

The odd thing about that is the high wobbly ones they catch, the ones that hit them in the hands they drop.  Go figure?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-16-2017, 08:43 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I thought the offensive played bad. No running holes besides first play of game.

I noticed Myles Jack had a bad game. He was getting manhandled against the run.

I have not been impressed with Myles Jack's play against the run AT ALL.  He's a terrific cover guy,,good at being in position to get turnovers,, and he can REALLY "Lay the Wood" on someone when given the chance.

But, he's a real liability in run defense so far in his early career. Just my opinion.

(10-16-2017, 11:09 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:43 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I thought the offensive played bad. No running holes besides first play of game.

I noticed Myles Jack had a bad game. He was getting manhandled against the run.

I have not been impressed with Myles Jack's play against the run AT ALL.  He's a terrific cover guy,,good at being in position to get turnovers,, and he can REALLY "Lay the Wood" on someone when given the chance.

But, he's a real liability in run defense so far in his early career. Just my opinion.

That's because he's a Will LB masquerading as a Sam LB.

(10-16-2017, 09:09 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: I just listened on 1010 to Tony Boselli. Boselli called the defense really, really, really good ( I think there were 3 really’s......maybe more). Yesterday, The really, really, really good defense allowed Todd Gurley 116 yards on 23 carries ( 5.0 yards per carry ). 17 of 23 carries were for 4 yards or more, including carries of 7,9,9,8,14,6,11,6,10,6,6 and 9.
I’d probably delete a couple of those “really’s, but that’s just me.

How many scoring drives did they give up?

(10-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:09 AM)jagherd Wrote: I have not been impressed with Myles Jack's play against the run AT ALL.  He's a terrific cover guy,,good at being in position to get turnovers,, and he can REALLY "Lay the Wood" on someone when given the chance.

That's because he's a Will LB masquerading as a Sam LB.

(10-16-2017, 09:09 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: I just listened on 1010 to Tony Boselli. Boselli called the defense really, really, really good ( I think there were 3 really’s......maybe more). Yesterday, The really, really, really good defense allowed Todd Gurley 116 yards on 23 carries ( 5.0 yards per carry ). 17 of 23 carries were for 4 yards or more, including carries of 7,9,9,8,14,6,11,6,10,6,6 and 9.
I’d probably delete a couple of those “really’s, but that’s just me.

Just enough to lose.
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

(10-17-2017, 05:52 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's because he's a Will LB masquerading as a Sam LB.

Just enough to lose.

About the answer I expected.