Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jack Del Rio Sucks

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 07:55 PM by Caldrac.)

I wouldn't say Jack sucks. I would say he's literally an average head coach. I put him on the same shelf with other coaches like Marvin Lewis, John Fox and Jeff Fisher. He's 93 - 93 as a head coach after 12 years and 186 games under his belt. Out of those 12 years he's only had 4 winning seasons and then some years where his teams were right at .500 or just a notch below it. He'll finish with a record below .500 for the 5th time in his career. 4 - 1 all time in the play-offs.

I think what makes Jack an interesting coach and prospect is the fact that although his teams haven't really been stellar or eye opening on offense they've just managed to keep things going off and on with really no big names on either side of the football. Just my opinion. Derek Carr is probably the first time in his career where he's had somewhat of a pass happy and capable QB for his franchise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 08:36 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-27-2017, 07:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wouldn't say Jack sucks. I would say he's literally an average head coach. I put him on the same shelf with other coaches like Marvin Lewis, John Fox and Jeff Fisher. He's 93 - 93 as a head coach after 12 years and 186 games under his belt. Out of those 12 years he's only had 4 winning seasons and then some years where his teams were right at .500 or just a notch below it. He'll finish with a record below .500 for the 5th time in his career. 4 - 1 all time in the play-offs.

I think what makes Jack an interesting coach and prospect is the fact that although his teams haven't really been stellar or eye opening on offense they've just managed to keep things going off and on with really no big names on either side of the football. Just my opinion. Derek Carr is probably the first time in his career where he's had somewhat of a pass happy and capable QB for his franchise.

He's 1-3 all time in the playoffs.  I think you read the games played column which is 4 and the games won column which is 1.  The only way could have a playoff record of 4-1 is if he had won a Super Bowl.

CANNED!!!!!!!!

Oakland Raiders fire head coach Jack Del Rio

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ck-del-rio
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Does Jackie still get paid for the 3 years remaining? This guy is slick.

Jack ran out of assistant coaches and coordinators to fire. Hopefully, he'll never get another head coaching job in the NFL.

(12-31-2017, 10:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does Jackie still get paid for the 3 years remaining? This guy is slick.

unless there are offsets in the contract, yes he is making bank for the remainder of his contract.

The biggest mistake he made was getting rid of Bill Musgrave. What he was doing with Carr was working. Instead, he was not re-upped, aka fired, and Downing was brought in, a guy with zero experience in calling an offense. Combined with all the issues Carr had, it was a recipe for disaster.
New England Patriot Fan

As much as I dislike Del Rio, this was a bad firing by Davis. Davis seems inept. It would be even more hilarious if Gruden shot them down.

Raiders are morons. No one could have foreseen Derek Carrs meteoric descent this year. Del Rio had this team comptetitive for the first time in forever.

(12-31-2017, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: As much as I dislike Del Rio, this was a bad firing by Davis. Davis seems inept. It would be even more hilarious if Gruden shot them down.

With talks of partial ownership? He’d be an idiot to refuse their offer.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-01-2018, 12:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: As much as I dislike Del Rio, this was a bad firing by Davis. Davis seems inept. It would be even more hilarious if Gruden shot them down.

Agree, but they are even bigger morons giving him ownership. I personally don't see the hype in hiring Chucky, but anyone who watches MNF with no mute button wins in this situation. Unless of course, Berman comes out of retirement.

(01-01-2018, 12:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I agree. Almost doesn't matter who you are. If someone is offering you an ownership stake, on top of what is likely going to be a mega money deal too....you take it. 

I think Gruden would make a bigger impact at the college level. He's been out of the game for a decade, but he would be taking over a team that has a lot of talent. 

Just can't see it as being a good deal for the raiders.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

That uncomfortable situation firing a coach who has underachieved, but still has ownership in the franchise. #awkward

(01-01-2018, 12:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: That uncomfortable situation firing a coach who has underachieved, but still has ownership in the franchise. #awkward

I wonder if Gruden gets a vote on whether he gets fired in this scenario, and if so, how much does it count?

Either way I think there is still a decent chance Grudens contract at ESPN magically gets bigger and the raiders have to try and find someone else.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-01-2018, 12:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 12:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: With talks of partial ownership? He’d be an idiot to refuse their offer.

Agree, but they are even bigger morons giving him ownership. I personally don't see the hype in hiring Chucky, but anyone who watches MNF with no mute button wins in this situation. Unless of course, Berman comes out of retirement.

One of the gems of Gruden's MNF career was when they did a Jaguars game and he proclaimed that Gus Bradley was one of the top coaches in the NFL. I guess that means he won't fire himself if he wins an average of 3 or 4 games a season.

(01-01-2018, 10:56 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 12:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Agree, but they are even bigger morons giving him ownership. I personally don't see the hype in hiring Chucky, but anyone who watches MNF with no mute button wins in this situation. Unless of course, Berman comes out of retirement.

One of the gems of Gruden's MNF career was when they did a Jaguars game and he proclaimed that Gus Bradley was one of the top coaches in the NFL. I guess that means he won't fire himself if he wins an average of 3 or 4 games a season.

Gruden may have some success, but I have always believed guys like him and Cowher enjoyed being pursued for their history and enjoyed getting their egos stroked every year. I also believe guys like that are afraid of coming back due to the potential failure and stain on their legacy, but it sounds like Davis will throw out an offer that can't be refused.

I’m going to miss Chucky Doll’s creepy and ever so slightly inappropriate comments while watching football. Sticking it in the turkey hole?? That’s just golden!! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-01-2018, 12:11 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 12:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: With talks of partial ownership? He’d be an idiot to refuse their offer.

I agree. Almost doesn't matter who you are. If someone is offering you an ownership stake, on top of what is likely going to be a mega money deal too....you take it. 

I think Gruden would make a bigger impact at the college level. He's been out of the game for a decade, but he would be taking over a team that has a lot of talent. 

Considering how the value of the franchise will go up exponentially in Vegas, it’s a no brainer.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

[Image: mark-davis.jpg]

At least JDR won't have to look at this any longer. 

For the love of god, why does a grown man wear his hair like this?

(01-01-2018, 11:43 AM)FBT Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 12:11 AM)Achilles Wrote: I agree. Almost doesn't matter who you are. If someone is offering you an ownership stake, on top of what is likely going to be a mega money deal too....you take it. 

Considering how the value of the franchise will go up exponentially in Vegas, it’s a no brainer.

I see the Vegas move as a flash in the pan and playing out in 5 years. The populace there is too itinerant. After the novelty wears off after the first couple of years, the attendance numbers will start resembling Jacksonville's, or worse.