Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: I would rather have...
This poll is closed.
A team with players who kneel
73.91%
17 73.91%
No team at all if the players kneel
26.09%
6 26.09%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Team that kneels or no team at all?

(10-18-2017, 06:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Your quote --> "England has done nothing since 1812 that would merit kneeling."

From that it logically follows that you think the US has done things that merit kneeling, while England hasn't. And as far as I know kneeling doesn't get you sent to prison in England either, so they have that same "large part" and there's no advantage to the US on that particular item.

You're attributing the thoughts of others onto me. From the perspective of the players, England has done them no wrong, so they had no reason to kneel. Agree with them or not, they do perceive that America has wronged them, and they made use of their First Amendment right to protest it.

Had England's PM made a point of challenging their right to protest a leader who calls white supremacists "very fine people", I'm sure they would have had some conversations about kneeling through God Save the Queen.

Trump laid a trap and the NFL walked right into it, and because of that we're still listening to people [BLEEP] about players taking a knee than talking about the fact that Trump's former Chief of Staff was just interviewed by the special counsel investigating Trump's alleged misdeeds, that Trump couldn't pass a healthcare bill if he locked all the Senate Democrats outside, that he wants to nullify the First Amendment, that he wants to nullify the Fourth by way of demanding large pools of data without bothering to get a warrant, and that he keeps talking like a guy who welcomes the label of "President who started the first nuclear conflict since 1945".

My final word on the anthem protest, and this is addressed to far more people than just you, MJ: get out. If you're so deeply offended by players making use of their First Amendment right, good for you, Snowflake. It's your right to be triggered. But if you're really so deeply wounded to the core that you can't bring yourself to support the NFL ever again, then what are you still doing here? This is an NFL forum. There are plenty of echo chambers out there on the Internet for you. If you've got no interest in the NFL, then, by all means, the door's that way. Now, can we please talk about all the important [BLEEP] that I just listed up there? We'll all wake up tomorrow no matter how many people take a knee. If "Little Rocket Man" pops one off, the US turns NK into a parking lot and Russia and China take offense to that move, some of us might not wake up in the morning.

First off, I already said that I will still watch the Jags, kneeling or not. So your comments in that regard are a pathetic diversion.

They have a right to say what they want without government interference. That's also not in question. The means they choose to use is offensive, but it's their right to be offensive. That doesn't mean I (or many others) have to like it.

The rest of your comment is an anti-Trump rant, so those who are offended by the sidetrack should stop reading at this point. But I will answer it.

Take off the tinfoil TDS hat. Trump spouts off a lot, but that is not important. What matters are his actions. So far he has done nothing to nullify the first or fourth amendments (unlike Chuck Schumer who actually proposed an amendment to gut freedom of speech). My understanding is the large pool of data he demanded was already collected by the FBI, hopefully with a warrantThe Senate is responsible for the healthcare bill failure. Maybe a stronger leader would be able to twist enough arms (or bribe enough senators) to get a healthcare bill passed, but maybe not, and maybe it's better if the President doesn't resort to bribery. I'm not sure what big deal you are making about someone being interviewed. Lots of people are interviewed by the special council. But since DailyKos probably has it in big headlines ...

Little Rocket Man's feeble attempts can be intercepted so there's no danger until he creates enough nuclear-tipped missiles to overwhelm our missile defense, which he was on track to do before Trump. Of course Seoul is in danger from the artillery lined up on the DMZ, but that's always been the case. Note that Trump has been the only President to apply pressure on China to get them to crack down on the Norks. Trump is also the only President to threaten a boycott of companies that deal with North Korea. If they have no parts suppliers they can't build more weapons. Confronting LRM verbally is risky (one can disagree on the level of the risk), but appeasement hasn't worked.

While there is a legitimate concern that the Norks will start a war, the rest are all nothing burgers. I didn't like Trump and didn't vote for him in the primary. I still don't like him. Personally, he's a scumbag. I did vote for him in the general election because Hillary was much worse. But considering only his policy decisions and ignoring his insane ramblings, I am very happy with the way it has gone so far, and don't regret the vote.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!