Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matavius Bryant requesting trade

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 11:12 AM by Jagwired.)

Just absolutely ludicrous that in a time when Police go to events that the ganja is smoked freely that they in many cases only do not arrest but pass out munchies to folks that these players are still getting screwed for weed. Just stupid.

Especially being that they have zero problem jacking them with narcotics or "Shots " to play the damn game if they are dinged.

I say if you can acquire him on a team friendly deal then they should do it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2017, 05:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:17 PM)Jordz808 Wrote: Matavius Bryant is one of the fastest receivers in the NFL with great hands and route running, has the potential to be our number 1 receiver until A Rob gets back, he would shine but Antonio Browns gets all the attention from Big Ben ... we should care because Hurns is inconsistent, Lee drops every ball thrown his way and cries every down, and Dede Westbrook is on IR, and our others receivers jus aren't good.... in simple terms Bryant is much better than what we have with A Rob being out, and can stretch the field for Fournette

Martavis Bryant is a drug user and #2 WR, the job that will be filled by Dede Westbrook when he is healthy.

Haha! Yes, we already have a #2 with a checkered history. Every team needs one of those.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-19-2017, 12:42 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Martavis Bryant is a drug user and #2 WR, the job that will be filled by Dede Westbrook when he is healthy.

Haha! Yes, we already have a #2 with a checkered history. Every team needs one of those.

Having Dede Westbrook on the active roster when he is allowed to return would be a reason to not want Martavis Bryant regardless of the "checkered history" part.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 07:39 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'd take him. But then again stupid me said I'd take Big Ben years ago when he got into trouble and was supposedly on the trading block.

(10-19-2017, 01:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:42 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Haha! Yes, we already have a #2 with a checkered history. Every team needs one of those.

Having Dede Westbrook on the active roster when he is allowed to return would be a reason to not want Martavis Bryant regardless of the "checkered history" part.

Bryant is 6'5" at 201 pounds
Westbrook is 6'0" at 180 pounds

they are playing 2 totally different WR positions

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 07:44 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 07:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd take him.  But then again stupid me said I'd take Big Ben years ago when he got into trouble and was supposedly on the trading block.

(10-19-2017, 01:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Having Dede Westbrook on the active roster when he is allowed to return would be a reason to not want Martavis Bryant regardless of the "checkered history" part.

they are playing 2 totally different WR positions.

So why did someone else say both players are #2 WRs? If that is true, they play exactly the same position and just happen to have different body types.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 11:06 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(10-19-2017, 07:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 07:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd take him.  But then again stupid me said I'd take Big Ben years ago when he got into trouble and was supposedly on the trading block.

they are playing 2 totally different WR positions.

So why did someone else say both players are #2 WRs? If that is true, they play exactly the same position and just happen to have different body types.

Bryant is Rapelisburger’s second option, and I guess Westbrook would be behind Lee and/or Hurns as far as targets, based only on inexperience.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-19-2017, 11:01 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 07:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So why did someone else say both players are #2 WRs? If that is true, they play exactly the same position and just happen to have different body types.

Bryant is Rapelisburger’s second option, and I guess Westbrook would be behind Lee and/or Hurns as far as targets, based only on inexperience.

When Dede Westbrook is ready to play, he will likely replace Marqise Lee at the #2 spot for the remainder of the season. Next year, Lee should be gone as we run with Westbrook at #2 and the Allens.

lol @ the guy who said Hurns is too inconsistent.

(10-20-2017, 12:29 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 11:01 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Bryant is Rapelisburger’s second option, and I guess Westbrook would be behind Lee and/or Hurns as far as targets, based only on inexperience.

When Dede Westbrook is ready to play, he will likely replace Marqise Lee at the #2 spot for the remainder of the season. Next year, Lee should be gone as we run with Westbrook at #2 and the Allens.

Lee is the #1 with ARob out. Westbrook is going to be the slot/3 guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was all in for going after this guy in free agency, but after this week, I have changed my mind. The way he whined about not getting what he wants on social media, saying how much better he was than Juju Smith-Schuster and finally calling in sick on Monday proves the guy is selfish and immature. I really don't think that's something we wanna bring here for a new QB to deal with. I'd rather go after Davante Adams now. He showed a lot of toughness by coming back from his concussion to have a big week and lead his team to a win. I believe he is much more consistent anyway and was playing very well until Rodgers went out. Adding him in the mix with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole would give us a good rotation of receivers.

(10-24-2017, 06:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was all in for going after this guy in free agency, but after this week, I have changed my mind. The way he whined about not getting what he wants on social media, saying how much better he was than Juju Smith-Schuster and finally calling in sick on Monday proves the guy is selfish and immature. I really don't think that's something we wanna bring here for a new QB to deal with. I'd rather go after Davante Adams now.  He showed a lot of toughness by coming back from his concussion to have a big week and lead his team to a win. I believe he is much more consistent anyway and was playing very well until Rodgers went out. Adding him in the mix with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole would give us a good rotation of receivers.

Now we get to see how dependent DaVante Adams is on having a true franchise QB instead of a game manager. It is more telling how good a WR is when he has to play without the NFL's best QB not named Tom Brady. Don't get me wrong; I like Adams. But we have seen this before with Julius Thomas seeming to be an All-Pro TE when he had an elite QB.

(10-24-2017, 11:20 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 06:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was all in for going after this guy in free agency, but after this week, I have changed my mind. The way he whined about not getting what he wants on social media, saying how much better he was than Juju Smith-Schuster and finally calling in sick on Monday proves the guy is selfish and immature. I really don't think that's something we wanna bring here for a new QB to deal with. I'd rather go after Davante Adams now.  He showed a lot of toughness by coming back from his concussion to have a big week and lead his team to a win. I believe he is much more consistent anyway and was playing very well until Rodgers went out. Adding him in the mix with Hurns, Westbrook and Cole would give us a good rotation of receivers.

Now we get to see how dependent DaVante Adams is on having a true franchise QB instead of a game manager. It is more telling how good a WR is when he has to play without the NFL's best QB not named Tom Brady. Don't get me wrong; I like Adams. But we have seen this before with Julius Thomas seeming to be an All-Pro TE when he had an elite QB.

Hundley is not a game manager. Game managers protect the football. Hundley has either thrown an interception or fumbled, 6 times in two games. He's hot garbage. We shouldn't downgrade Adams based on the fact that Hundley can't get the ball to any of his receivers.

The optimistic part of me says go get this guy! The realist part of me says Bortles couldn't utilize his talent anyway.

Bryant is a 6'5" beast, when he has his head on straight. He has 2 years left on his very favorable rookie contract. If you could pick him up for a late round pick (not more given his risk), I would hope the Jags would pull the trigger. However, I don't see the Steelers sending him to a potential AFC playoff team.

(10-24-2017, 12:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 11:20 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Now we get to see how dependent DaVante Adams is on having a true franchise QB instead of a game manager. It is more telling how good a WR is when he has to play without the NFL's best QB not named Tom Brady. Don't get me wrong; I like Adams. But we have seen this before with Julius Thomas seeming to be an All-Pro TE when he had an elite QB.

Hundley is not a game manager. Game managers protect the football. Hundley has either thrown an interception or fumbled, 6 times in two games. He's hot garbage. We shouldn't downgrade Adams based on the fact that Hundley can't get the ball to any of his receivers.

The first game was against a great defense after he was thrown into the fire with no preparation. I don't count those turnovers against him because of that. The Saints used to be an awful team on defense. Not anymore. It was not an easy test for his first start. I will have to see Brett Hundley play on TV to judge his ability to protect the football.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 03:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-24-2017, 01:35 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Bryant is a 6'5" beast, when he has his head on straight.  He has 2 years left on his very favorable rookie contract.  If you could pick him up for a late round pick (not more given his risk), I would hope the Jags would pull the trigger.  However, I don't see the Steelers sending him to a potential AFC playoff team.

Last week Spotrac.com had him listed as a 2018 UFA and now they have him listed as a 2019 UFA. In any case, this guy has all the tools, but his attitude seems very selfish. It seems like we have decent chemistry in the locker room right now and I don't wanna mess that up.

(10-24-2017, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 01:35 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Bryant is a 6'5" beast, when he has his head on straight.  He has 2 years left on his very favorable rookie contract.  If you could pick him up for a late round pick (not more given his risk), I would hope the Jags would pull the trigger.  However, I don't see the Steelers sending him to a potential AFC playoff team.

Last week Spotrac.com had him listed as a 2018 UFA and now they have him listed as a 2019 UFA. In any case, this guy has all the tools, but his attitude seems very selfish. It seems like we have decent chemistry in the locker room right now and I don't wanna mess that up.

The last thing we need is a selfish player who blows up the locker room. There is a reason scouting departments include social media activity in their draft prospect evaluations.