Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Westbrook is Coming Soon!!

Westbrook will provide an upgrade to the current WR group. However, he is a rookie and will need some experience to reach his most effective level. He'll have some growing pains that will demand patience from the fans.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2017, 12:03 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Westbrook will provide an upgrade to the current WR group. However, he is a rookie and will need some experience to reach his most effective level. He'll have some growing pains that will demand patience from the fans.

It certainly will help that he can be a starter along with Allen Hurns this year instead of spend all season on the bench.

(10-16-2017, 09:44 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:23 AM)Frailbones Wrote: I'm very intrigued by Westbrook but he alone can't fix the passing games issues. Westbrook can be wide open but Blake still has to hit him with a pass...... which he can't do. Best option here is to trade for Eli and Martavis. Then in week 9 you throw out:

Manning
Bryant
Lee
Hurns
Westbrook
Fournette

But in reality? Gonna stick with Bortles, make no moves and get 2 new QBs next year.

Bingo. But the front office would never make this type of move. They like to stick with status quo and watch the division slip away. That's what hurts to be honest. At least try something. 

All i hear from Marrone is accountability. Where is the accountability with Myers? With Bortles? It's all horse crap.

So you’re ok with throwing most likely a high draft pick or multiple picks away for a QB on the wrong side of 30, who has maybe two years left in the tank? If he even does. There is no guarantee Eli will thrive here. Better off drafting one and signing a veteran FA

(10-16-2017, 12:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:44 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Bingo. But the front office would never make this type of move. They like to stick with status quo and watch the division slip away. That's what hurts to be honest. At least try something. 

All i hear from Marrone is accountability. Where is the accountability with Myers? With Bortles? It's all horse crap.

So you’re ok with throwing most likely a high draft pick or multiple picks away for a QB on the wrong side of 30, who has maybe two years left in the tank? If he even does. There is no guarantee Eli will thrive here. Better off drafting one and signing a veteran FA

But then you are giving up on season. Cause if you stick with Blake, that's what you're doing. I didn't say super high draft choice. For a 3rd rounder and a player, it's worth it.

(10-16-2017, 12:56 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 12:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: So you’re ok with throwing most likely a high draft pick or multiple picks away for a QB on the wrong side of 30, who has maybe two years left in the tank? If he even does. There is no guarantee Eli will thrive here. Better off drafting one and signing a veteran FA

But then you are giving up on season. Cause if you stick with Blake, that's what you're doing. I didn't say super high draft choice. For a 3rd rounder and a player, it's worth it.

I don’t think this coaching staff is giving up, for what it’s worrh Marrone is working his tail off an making chicken salad out of chicken crap on offense. That said, I wouldn’t do it higher for a fourth. Third rounders can be starters, can be used to trade up to get a star player, or even be a star player. Anyone remember passing on Russel Wilson in the third? I do

(10-16-2017, 12:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: So you’re ok with throwing most likely a high draft pick or multiple picks away for a QB on the wrong side of 30, who has maybe two years left in the tank? If he even does. There is no guarantee Eli will thrive here. Better off drafting one and signing a veteran FA

What makes you think sticking with Blake is giving up on the season? Everyone who watched him and Chad play knows he is the better of those two.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-16-2017, 12:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:44 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Bingo. But the front office would never make this type of move. They like to stick with status quo and watch the division slip away. That's what hurts to be honest. At least try something. 

Who are you going to get for a 3rd and what player are you going to trade?

Oh, yeah, a rookie 4th round draft pick who's never played a single down of NFL football is going to turn everything around.

Is this a joke? Did I get whooshed again?

(10-16-2017, 01:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, yeah, a rookie 4th round draft pick who's never played a single down of NFL football is going to turn everything around.  

Is this a joke?  Did I get whooshed again?

Yeah, I gotta side with Marty on this one.  No matter how talented, rookie wide receivers rarely make a significant impact...  Let alone rookie wideouts that missed half the season already.

I really hope the dude can provide a spark, but I'm not holding my breath.

(10-16-2017, 01:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, yeah, a rookie 4th round draft pick who's never played a single down of NFL football is going to turn everything around.  

Is this a joke?  Did I get whooshed again?

I am sure you know why he was a fourth round pick, and that it has nothing to do with his ability to run routes and catch footballs. He would be a first rounder without off-field stuff. Whether he turns around the WR corps depends on what he does next year with Allen Robinson helping him out and a full year to work on his craft.

(10-16-2017, 11:58 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, have you ever seen him play?

Him winning the award for the best WR in college wasn't a fluke.  You have never seen him play

He hasn't seen anyone play. He's just a parrot on every post.

Who is he you're referring to?

(10-16-2017, 01:56 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:58 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: He hasn't seen anyone play. He's just a parrot on every post.

Who is he you're referring to?

Apparently you.

(10-16-2017, 02:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:56 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Who is he you're referring to?

Apparently you.

Thanks, JW.

But I wasn't talking to you.

I've never seen him play.. pretty excited to do so, though.

I'm not expecting miracles, he's a rookie after all, but hey let's see what we've got here..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-16-2017, 08:59 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You feel DeDe is an elite receiver?

I like Westbrook too but let's be real.

He doesn't need to be elite.  He just needs to be better than what's out there currently.  If we can find one reliable guy to go out there and make plays, that's a bonus.  He's still going to have Bortles throwing the ball, so it's a hit or miss prospect from the start regardless.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-16-2017, 02:38 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:59 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You feel DeDe is an elite receiver?

I like Westbrook too but let's be real.

He doesn't need to be elite.  He just needs to be better than what's out there currently.  If we can find one reliable guy to go out there and make plays, that's a bonus.  He's still going to have Bortles throwing the ball, so it's a hit or miss prospect from the start regardless.
Some QB is going to walk in next year with ARob, Hurns and Westbrook. Hand the ball off to Fournette and have a top 5 defense that creates turnovers.

That guy is going to be pretty lucky.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 02:50 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-16-2017, 02:40 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:38 PM)FBT Wrote: He doesn't need to be elite.  He just needs to be better than what's out there currently.  If we can find one reliable guy to go out there and make plays, that's a bonus.  He's still going to have Bortles throwing the ball, so it's a hit or miss prospect from the start regardless.

Some QB is going to walk in next year with ARob, Hurns and Westbrook. Hand the ball off to Fournette and have a top 5 defense that creates turnovers.

That guy is going to be pretty lucky.

That is what we have been doing this season. Unfortunately having a top five defense overall requires stealing Denver's playbook.

(10-16-2017, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

(10-16-2017, 12:56 PM)BklynJag Wrote: But then you are giving up on season. Cause if you stick with Blake, that's what you're doing. I didn't say super high draft choice. For a 3rd rounder and a player, it's worth it.

Who are you going to get for a 3rd and what player are you going to trade?

Trade a 3rd and TJ Yeldon to Giants for Eli. 

Trade 2nd rounder for Bridgewater

Trade a 4th rounder for Kessler. Yes, he better than Blake

Trade a 3rd rounder and Dante Fowler for Jimmy G.

(10-16-2017, 02:58 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who are you going to get for a 3rd and what player are you going to trade?

Trade a 3rd and TJ Yeldon to Giants for Eli. 

The Giants would be idiots if they even considered doing something like this.

Trade 2nd rounder for Bridgewater.

Bridgewater will be a free agent because of his knee injury.

Trade a 4th rounder for Kessler. Yes, he better than Blake.

If Kessler was better than Bortles he would be the unquestioned starter in Cleveland.

The Patriots will do anything to not make Garoppolo available.

Anyone who does not believe the red text is clueless.

(10-16-2017, 03:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:58 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade a 3rd and TJ Yeldon to Giants for Eli. 

The Giants would be idiots if they even considered doing something like this.

Trade 2nd rounder for Bridgewater.

Bridgewater will be a free agent because of his knee injury.

Trade a 4th rounder for Kessler. Yes, he better than Blake.

If Kessler was better than Bortles he would be the unquestioned starter in Cleveland.

The Patriots will do anything to not make Garoppolo available.

Anyone who does not believe the red text is clueless.

I think he was talking to me.  Do you have to jump in on every conversation