Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Thoughts

(10-17-2017, 11:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Bullseye:

Quote:I remember reading the board and the implication/speculation that an STD felled Ivory.  Where in the heck did that come from?

That was a stupid joke. Jags02 speculated it was his prostate, which made no sense. One of those things I am unable to laugh at.

For the record, Ivory kept the illness private, only allowing the media to know the pain was severe and in his abdominal area. It was obviously not an STD.

For the record, STD's give a multitude of symptoms, abdominal pain being one of them.

...before anyone jumps on that: *NO* I've never had one, working in the medical field is what gives me that knowledge..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still would like to know the basis for the STD claim.

I don't think that is anything Ivory would openly fess up about.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-17-2017, 02:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 11:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Bullseye:

That was a stupid joke. Jags02 speculated it was his prostate, which made no sense. One of those things I am unable to laugh at.

For the record, Ivory kept the illness private, only allowing the media to know the pain was severe and in his abdominal area. It was obviously not an STD.

For the record, STD's give a multitude of symptoms, abdominal pain being one of them.

...before anyone jumps on that: *NO* I've never had one, working in the medical field is what gives me that knowledge..

Thank you for that insight bro. Now we are staying on topic.

I clearly asked you all to not discuss it in front of me as a female football fan. Talk about sexual stuff all you want when I am not around.

(10-17-2017, 02:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I clearly asked you all to not discuss it in front of me as a female football fan. Talk about sexual stuff all you want when I am not around.

An STD is hardly talking sexual is it? It's an illness.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

JDub, I don't think it's smart to question DarloJAG. He is in the medical field and knows more about this topic than you seem to.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 02:42 PM by J-Mizzal.)

I'm gonna answer 1 and 3

Bortles should be the starter over Henne, this is just one game, Rams have the best defensive linemen in the NFL in Aaron Donald along with a bunch of other good pass rushers plus a great one in Quinn, a 5 sack game happens to all QBs, Bortles has avoided a lot of sacks that Henne would not have and also picked up big yards with his legs. Also as a passes Henne has never in his career been better statistically then Bortles, he throws more INTs and is just worst, does he throw a prettier ball yea but that doesnt mean anything.

On 3, the team really hasnt been up and down, they have just been way up in the 3 wins, two of the losses were normal NFL losses in close games, the other loss we got beat up, 3-3 and in 1st place is fine based on how bad this team has been over the last 7 years.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 02:41 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-17-2017, 02:35 PM)Brett Wrote: JDub, I don't think it's smart to question DarloJAG. He is in the medical field and knows more about this topic than you seem to.

I am not questioning Darlo. I am just saying you people are making me feel uncomfortable with this masculine stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with football and stemmed from dark humor I cannot register as funny. Please be sensitive to my feelings as a regular poster like everyone else. That is all I ask.

To be thoughtful, everyone now needs to start referring to STDs as 'crabapples'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-17-2017, 02:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 02:35 PM)Brett Wrote: JDub, I don't think it's smart to question DarloJAG. He is in the medical field and knows more about this topic than you seem to.

I am not questioning Darlo. I am just saying you people are making me feel uncomfortable with this masculine stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with football and stemmed from dark humor I cannot register as funny. Please be sensitive to my feelings as a regular poster like everyone else. That is all I ask.

STDs are more than just a masculine problem, J-Dub.  If anything we're being more sensitive to you, as it's a problem you should be aware of that can affect you negatively.

To be fair, both men and women CAN get crabapples.

(10-16-2017, 06:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 8.  A couple of weeks ago, FT compared this defense to the Manning era Colts.  Since he made that comparison, it seems frighteningly accurate.  If this team gets a lead, it can rush the passer.  Like those Colts defenses, this team can not stop the run.  But with the exception of a healthy Bob Sanders, our secondary is far superior to that secondary and forces far more turnovers.  For that matter, our LBs are much better against the pass.

Do you remember the day, late in the season, when we rushed for 375 yards against the Colts? 

They finished the year by winning the Super Bowl! 

I'm not drawing any parallels, but it's just amazing they could do that after they had that game in Alltell Stadium where they could not stop the run to save their lives.