Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I Hate that the Jags are Now Playing the Blame Game

(10-17-2017, 06:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: . We also need more fans in the stadium.

When are you gonna ever go to a game to show that you're a Jaguars fan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Being from Boston, I thought a packey was a liquor store....
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-17-2017, 09:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We also need more fans in the stadium.

When are you gonna ever go to a game to show that you're a Jaguars fan?

I have been to three games so far and was unable to attend one the last two years for financial reasons. I want to go to one this season, but it depends on my mom's schedule.

BTW I have two Jaguars t-shirts (teal with old logo and black with new logo) and a teal Mark Brunell jersey, so locals can see I am a Jaguars fan.

This is my favorite thread of the week so far.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-17-2017, 06:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: First of all, everyone who was paying attention knows Jason Myers has missed a lot of easy kicks during his two years in Jacksonville. Most of them were his fault. It includes both FG and PAT attempts. Also, I have no idea why you think a lot of fans like him. Many fans wanted Dave Caldwell to cut him last year in the preseason. Consider it "the final straw" as the culmination of failures, not a knee-jerk reaction.

Second, nobody cares how high he ranks in points scored among NFL players. What matters is what he does now, and that is not a high-scoring, NFL-level stat sheet.

I wasn't paying attention and noticed Myers missed a lot of easy kicks.

I care how high he ranks in points scored among NFL, which apparently has me in agreement with nobody.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 11:43 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(10-17-2017, 10:29 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: When are you gonna ever go to a game to show that you're a Jaguars fan?

I have been to three games so far and was unable to attend one the last two years for financial reasons. I want to go to one this season, but it depends on my mom's schedule.

BTW I have two Jaguars t-shirts (teal with old logo and black with new logo) and a teal Mark Brunell jersey, so locals can see I am a Jaguars fan.
Will you also be flying to green bay and denver

(10-17-2017, 11:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Will you also be flying to Green Bay and Denver?

Definitely not.

(10-17-2017, 05:31 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: So I now see what the Jags are resorting to and it's sickening. 

After a tough but fluky loss to LA, The Jags front office has now began playing "the blame game and" are clearly trying to send a message that no one's job is safe. . How else could you explain cutting our leading scorer, the third leading scorer in ALL of the NFL, and fan favorite kicker Jason Myers. Is It Myers fault that we couldn't cover the opening kick off and they ran it all the way back? Is Myers expected to kickoff  and tackle on the VERY same play? Is it Myers fault that we got a punt blocked that led to a Rams TD? Is it Myers fault that he missed several key field goals on Sunday - only to the small minded fan. It is obvious to everyone who actually pays attention that holder Brad Nortman should stick to punting full time - there is no way Myers had any chance to covert with holds that can only draw parallels to Lucy holding for Charlie Brown back in the Charles M. Schulz Era. This loss does not fall on Myers, and do not let Jags management deflect from the main and only logical culprit for our loss vs. the Rams - assistant special teams coordinator Mike Mallory. It is Mike Mallory's job to put his boss, Special Teams Coordinator Joe Decamillis in the best possible possible position to be successful, and this is in fact why we lost on Sunday - because of MM's failure to do his job. 

The other thing to point out, which I must do although I hate to, is that J.K. LaCoste, who is the Football Logistics and Team Travel Associate, must also be replaced. Immediately. Our travel schedule has been a nightmare and a huge point of contention. We needed to fly directly to New York after London and just stay there for the week, as it was imperative to me we get our teams bodies and minds used to and familiar with the time zone and altitude of  NYC. Instead, we lose in NYC - this can't be the fault of the team or the players or Myers for that matter.  Furthermore, in my opinion, after the Jags soundly defeated The Steelers last week, J.K. could have stepped up and rewarded the Jags for their great performance. He could have surprised the team by setting up their flight to return on Tuesday, and allowing the guys a full day of fun in Pittsburgh on Monday to see the city. While some may call this far fetched, I feel it would have been a great team bonding experience and a reward for a group of millennials who would have truly appreciated this gesture. 

Finally, another "clever" move by Goodell to screw the Jags once again this past Sunday. Had the Rams been forced to play at our normal 1:00 PM start on Sunday, instead of playing at 4:05, the normal 1:00 start time would have been equivalent to 10am there time. Because we were forced to play at a highly unusual start time, a time in which our players are normally use to concluding a game than starting a game, the Rams gained a significant advantage. 

Lastly, the only other good news to come out of this week is that the Jacksonville Jaguars remain in first place  in the win column in the Ponce De Leon Cup standings. The Ponce De Leon Cup is awarded to the NFL team in Florida that finishes the regular season with the best record. The Ponce De Leon Cup is named after the Spanish Conquistador Juan Ponce De Leon who led the first European expedition to Le Florida, now named Florida, in 1513. 

Jacksonville 3-3
Miami 3-2
Tampa Bay 2-3
Tie Breaker: Total Games Played

Have you made up with Kristen yet? I thought you were on the no-admit list now?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I hope this is satire.
Here we go again

(10-18-2017, 07:16 AM)Preach Wrote: I hope this is satire.

I can't believe there are people that still don't know this.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't understand why Myers wasn't afforded the opportunity to kick with his left foot. If the right one is inconsistent then perhaps using the other foot was the key. We'll never know now. Mark this up as another coaching blunder.

(10-18-2017, 01:18 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 07:16 AM)Preach Wrote: I hope this is satire.

I can't believe there are people that still don't know this.

Frankly these threads always have me questioning whether the people who don't know it's satire are themselves being satirical.

This is what you've done to us, Omaha.

(10-18-2017, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't understand why Myers wasn't afforded the opportunity to kick with his left foot. If the right one is inconsistent then perhaps using the other foot was the key. We'll never know now. Mark this up as another coaching blunder.

Seriously? Most people have one dominant foot (usually the right). We don't need to know what a left-footed kick would have looked like for a right-footed kicker.

(10-18-2017, 01:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 01:18 PM)Rico Wrote: I can't believe there are people that still don't know this.

Frankly these threads always have me questioning whether the people who don't know it's satire are themselves being satirical.

This is what you've done to us, Omaha.

I truly don't understand why people think I am trying to be funny. I am serious and this is how I feel. Just think if we had in fact came straight from London to NYC, if we had a different holder, if we gave the guys a free day in Pittsburgh for morale purposes...We are looking at 5-1. I just try to think outside the box.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM by navyjagfan.)

(10-17-2017, 07:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:25 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I think the comments about pets is the real key.  I know I miss my dogs when I have to travel, so the Jags should consider bringing pets with them to away games.  Obviously, the Jags are suffering from separation anxiety and especially Jason Myers who has several dogs and cats that he's adopted from the animal shelter.  This probably distracted him and everyone knows kicking a field goal requires intense concentration.

Really, how do you know Jason Myers has cats and dogs?

I always wonder if Aaron Rodgers was with his own dog for his latest State Farm commercial or a random canine.

Jason Myers was featured in "Athletes and their pets" magazine where he stated he had a Great Dane, a Maltese, and two Calico cats.

(10-18-2017, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't understand why Myers wasn't afforded the opportunity to kick with his left foot. If the right one is inconsistent then perhaps using the other foot was the key. We'll never know now. Mark this up as another coaching blunder.

This is a valid point, it's like switch-hitting in baseball. Myers should have tried to kick with left foot when the wind was "swirling in there" in order to give the football a left-footed spin which would counteract the wind velocity.

(10-18-2017, 07:38 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Really, how do you know Jason Myers has cats and dogs?

I always wonder if Aaron Rodgers was with his own dog for his latest State Farm commercial or a random canine.

Jason Myers was featured in "Athletes and their pets" magazine where he stated he had a Great Dane, a Maltese, and two calico cats.

That is awesome!

This is a valid point, it's like switch-hitting in baseball. Myers should have tried to kick with left foot when the wind was "swirling in there" in order to give the football a left-footed spin which would counteract the wind velocity.

Do you really understand the difference between being a left-footed kicker and kicking with the wrong foot? If it was the same as switch hitting, I doubt any team would sign a kicker off the street or a practice squad just because the guy they have suffered a kicking leg/foot injury. I hope you are smart enough to understand this.

Only thing that saved Myers in the past was that he would miss the easy fgs from time to time but more than often would hit the 50+ yarders. This year he was missing the easy and hard ones. He had to go

(10-17-2017, 07:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Really, how do you know Jason Myers has cats and dogs?

Jason Myers was featured in "Athletes and their pets" magazine where he stated he had a Great Dane, a Maltese, and two Calico cats.

Jason Myers kept a large person from Denmark as a pet? That's not right. The Dane would eat the food of the other pets. 

Anyways, back on the subject of switch kicking, good point on the switch up. Wind swirling counter clockwise? Use the left foot. Clockwise? Use the right. 
However, don't repeat this, it's been rumored that Myers was actually able to pull off the mystical 'two-footed kick' in practice. That's right, he can supposedly kick with both feet at the same time. The yardage is purported to be astronomical, but accuracy is diminished. That's probably because he leads slightly with his right foot, which is his bad side.

(10-18-2017, 08:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Anyways, back on the subject of switch kicking, good point on the switch up. Wind swirling counter clockwise? Use the left foot. Clockwise? Use the right. 
However, don't repeat this, it's been rumored that Myers was actually able to pull off the mystical 'two-footed kick' in practice. That's right, he can supposedly kick with both feet at the same time. The yardage is purported to be astronomical, but accuracy is diminished. That's probably because he leads slightly with his right foot, which is his bad side.

Now wait a minute, I thought the ball somersaults vertically on scoring kicks regardless of which foot the kicker prefers. That is what it looks like to me. You are talking about punting when you describe the spinning direction.

(10-18-2017, 08:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 08:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyways, back on the subject of switch kicking, good point on the switch up. Wind swirling counter clockwise? Use the left foot. Clockwise? Use the right. 

Now wait a minute, I thought the ball somersaults vertically on scoring kicks regardless of which foot the kicker prefers. That is what it looks like to me. You are talking about punting when you describe the spinning direction.

Just let it go...  it's a joke.  It's satire.   Wallbash

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.