Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I Hate that the Jags are Now Playing the Blame Game

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 10:06 PM by navyjagfan.)

(10-18-2017, 08:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 08:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyways, back on the subject of switch kicking, good point on the switch up. Wind swirling counter clockwise? Use the left foot. Clockwise? Use the right. 
However, don't repeat this, it's been rumored that Myers was actually able to pull off the mystical 'two-footed kick' in practice. That's right, he can supposedly kick with both feet at the same time. The yardage is purported to be astronomical, but accuracy is diminished. That's probably because he leads slightly with his right foot, which is his bad side.

Now wait a minute, I thought the ball somersaults vertically on scoring kicks regardless of which foot the kicker prefers. That is what it looks like to me. You are talking about punting when you describe the spinning direction.

If you watch carefully you can see the ball is spinning both vertically and horizontally, so that's why the ball would travel differently if you kick with your right leg compared to your left leg.  So if the ball is placed on the left hash mark, you would want to kick with your right leg, and on the right hash mark you want to kick with your left leg.  That's the best way to overcome the earth's rotation.

But that is based on a dome stadium.  In an open air stadium, it's more important to account for the wind direction and kick with your left or right foot depending the direction of the wind.  All NFL kickers understand this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2017, 09:57 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 08:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Now wait a minute, I thought the ball somersaults vertically on scoring kicks regardless of which foot the kicker prefers. That is what it looks like to me. You are talking about punting when you describe the spinning direction.

If you watch carefully you can see the ball is spinning both vertically and horizontally, so that's why the ball would travel differently if you kick with your right leg compared to your left leg.  So if the ball is placed on the left hash mark, you would want to kick with your right leg, and on the right hash mark you want to kick with your left leg.  That's the best way to overcome the earth's rotation.

I feel like I just earned a PhD in Idontknowology.

(10-18-2017, 09:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just let it go...  it's a joke.  It's satire.

A very bad joke, obviously. Anyone who watches football knows none of those statements are true.

That said, for punters it does make a difference which foot is dominant.

Today is the 4 year anniversary of Bortles leading the team 75 yards down the field to beat #8 Lousville in the last 2:30 minutes. My how the Jags killed his potential.

(10-18-2017, 10:19 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Today is the 4 year anniversary of Bortles leading the team 75 yards down the field to beat #8 Lousville in the last 2:30 minutes. My how the Jags killed his potential.

The Jaguars wanted to promote that potential and really tried to. In 2015 it worked. The problem was he could not keep it up after making the leap.

(10-18-2017, 10:23 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 10:19 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Today is the 4 year anniversary of Bortles leading the team 75 yards down the field to beat #8 Lousville in the last 2:30 minutes. My how the Jags killed his potential.

The Jaguars wanted to promote that potential and really tried to. In 2015 it worked. The problem was he could not keep it up after making the leap.

He beat Bridgewater then

He's doing an excellent job on his own killing his 'potential'.  He needs no assistance.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I did not know Myers was a fan favorite.

(10-18-2017, 10:38 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 10:23 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Jaguars wanted to promote that potential and really tried to. In 2015 it worked. The problem was he could not keep it up after making the leap.

He beat Bridgewater then

Yeah... we didn't realize that was his peak

(10-17-2017, 05:31 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: So I now see what the Jags are resorting to and it's sickening. 

After a tough but fluky loss to LA, The Jags front office has now began playing "the blame game and" are clearly trying to send a message that no one's job is safe. . How else could you explain cutting our leading scorer, the third leading scorer in ALL of the NFL, and fan favorite kicker Jason Myers. Is It Myers fault that we couldn't cover the opening kick off and they ran it all the way back? Is Myers expected to kickoff  and tackle on the VERY same play? Is it Myers fault that we got a punt blocked that led to a Rams TD? Is it Myers fault that he missed several key field goals on Sunday - only to the small minded fan. It is obvious to everyone who actually pays attention that holder Brad Nortman should stick to punting full time - there is no way Myers had any chance to covert with holds that can only draw parallels to Lucy holding for Charlie Brown back in the Charles M. Schulz Era. This loss does not fall on Myers, and do not let Jags management deflect from the main and only logical culprit for our loss vs. the Rams - assistant special teams coordinator Mike Mallory. It is Mike Mallory's job to put his boss, Special Teams Coordinator Joe Decamillis in the best possible possible position to be successful, and this is in fact why we lost on Sunday - because of MM's failure to do his job. 

The other thing to point out, which I must do although I hate to, is that J.K. LaCoste, who is the Football Logistics and Team Travel Associate, must also be replaced. Immediately. Our travel schedule has been a nightmare and a huge point of contention. We needed to fly directly to New York after London and just stay there for the week, as it was imperative to me we get our teams bodies and minds used to and familiar with the time zone and altitude of  NYC. Instead, we lose in NYC - this can't be the fault of the team or the players or Myers for that matter.  Furthermore, in my opinion, after the Jags soundly defeated The Steelers last week, J.K. could have stepped up and rewarded the Jags for their great performance. He could have surprised the team by setting up their flight to return on Tuesday, and allowing the guys a full day of fun in Pittsburgh on Monday to see the city. While some may call this far fetched, I feel it would have been a great team bonding experience and a reward for a group of millennials who would have truly appreciated this gesture. 

Finally, another "clever" move by Goodell to screw the Jags once again this past Sunday. Had the Rams been forced to play at our normal 1:00 PM start on Sunday, instead of playing at 4:05, the normal 1:00 start time would have been equivalent to 10am there time. Because we were forced to play at a highly unusual start time, a time in which our players are normally use to concluding a game than starting a game, the Rams gained a significant advantage. 

Lastly, the only other good news to come out of this week is that the Jacksonville Jaguars remain in first place  in the win column in the Ponce De Leon Cup standings. The Ponce De Leon Cup is awarded to the NFL team in Florida that finishes the regular season with the best record. The Ponce De Leon Cup is named after the Spanish Conquistador Juan Ponce De Leon who led the first European expedition to Le Florida, now named Florida, in 1513. 

Jacksonville 3-3
Miami 3-2
Tampa Bay 2-3
Tie Breaker: Total Games Played

Great stuff.   Especially the part about staying in Pittsburgh to see the city.  That was a good one. 

Kudos!

Do your homework.....Jason Myers was a 5 FOR 10 kicker in his senior year AT MARIST COLLEGE. The guy is terrible.

(10-19-2017, 10:38 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Do your homework.....Jason Myers was a 5 FOR 10 kicker in his senior year AT MARIST COLLEGE. The guy is terrible.

Myers was still raw and learning to kick back then. He was a late bloomer who perfected his game after college and ended up winning one amateur competition after another. If you actually do your homework, you'll notice a considerable gap between his college days and his NFL days. 
'02

FWIW, the Boston Bruins had a very good team one year in the early 80s but they couldn't win many games. About halfway through the season, a talk show host named Eddie Andelman studied film and determined that they could not skate to the left. They thought it might be because they kept their sticks on the ice pointing to the right or that they had some sort of poorly understood right-dominant skating trait. I thought they were really onto something then and this whole Myers thing brought that back.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile