Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump to widow: "He knew what he signed up for."

Wow - StroudCrowd1 now has a rival for Trump Defender and Boot Licker. B2hibry - are you saying the widow should have agreed with Donald? I assume you'd be ok with saying "just get over it."

After Donald said what he said about John McCain; after treating a Gold Star family the way he did; after threatening an 81 year old Senator with terminal brain cancer, does anyone think this is beyond him?

Donald just seems to be a little rich boy bully who has never had to grow up. No accountability, no empathy (except for himself), no concern for how his actions may affect others. He's just a character in his own movie.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2017, 09:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  2h2 hours ago
More
Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!

Sorry, if I don't just take the word of a verified liar. As I said before, I don't know if he actually said it or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did, based on past behavior.

(10-18-2017, 10:15 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 09:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's a pretty serious allegation based on "according to". That's all I am saying. The media is the problem here and always has been

The real problem is Trump.  People that voted for him somehow continue to support this blowhard. 

I voted for him and I made a mistake.  I still never would vote for Hillary, and would have rather sat at home than have voted for this idiot.

I hate Trump and I was confused by so many people who got duped by his B.S., but I do have respect for someone who can say, I voted for him and I regret it. I too, hated Hillary as well and that is why I voted Libertarian. I can obviously see why people did not wanna vote for her, but what confuses me most is how Trump got to be the Republican candidate at all.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41673380

Fallen soldier's mom backs Wilson's take. It wouldn't shock me if Trump did say those things. It isn't that far outside of his character.

(10-18-2017, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can obviously see why people did not wanna vote for her, but what confuses me most is how Trump got to be the Republican candidate at all.

Well, while I did (regretfully) vote for him in the general election, I did NOT vote for him in the primary.

I mean, if he didn't say it, it shouldn't be that hard to produce the proof he says he has. What's he waiting for? These are the minutiae that a POTUS should not be getting involved in.

(10-18-2017, 03:09 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I mean, if he didn't say it, it shouldn't be that hard to produce the proof he says he has.  What's he waiting for?  These are the minutiae that a POTUS should not be getting involved in.

Because he has all the proof on these tapes that he did on Comey's.

Surely Trump is not the brightest bulb in the dining room, but the one constant is the witch hunt that seems endless in time. It's kind of interesting that the libtard moron just so happen to be in the car while the widow received the call. Seems highly unlikely to me, but carry on, division will make us great once again.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-18-2017, 03:25 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Surely Trump is not the brightest bulb in the dining room, but the one constant is the witch hunt that seems endless in time. It's kind of interesting that the libtard moron just so happen to be in the car while the widow received the call. Seems highly unlikely to me, but carry on, division will make us great once again.

So elected officials are no longer allowed to ride with family members going to meet their deceased loved ones? I'm sure this isn't the first case of it happening.

(10-18-2017, 03:25 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Surely Trump is not the brightest bulb in the dining room, but the one constant is the witch hunt that seems endless in time. It's kind of interesting that the libtard moron just so happen to be in the car while the widow received the call. Seems highly unlikely to me, but carry on, division will make us great once again.

It's not a "witch hunt" if the things he is being criticized for, are at least partially based in fact. He just keeps giving his opponents more fuel, every time he opens his mouth or gets on twitter. He brings it on himself. If he could display even the slightest bit of self control, he wouldn't be criticized so much.

You guys need a support group lol

(10-18-2017, 09:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It sounds like something he'd say. I'm not saying he actually said it, but it is certainly reminiscent of his speech patterns, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I often wonder if he has some kind of mental deficiency. He just blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind without taking into account how it makes others feel. He never smiles, (he may smirk, but that's not smiling) and he feels the world is out to get him. He's so mechanical, almost like he can't show true emotions. From what I've seen, I believe he lacks empathy. I can't figure this guy out.

It's called narcissistic personality disorder- from mayoclinic.org
If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

I need proof before I believe anything those pieces of [BLEEP] lying democrats say..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-18-2017, 04:12 PM)Kane Wrote: You guys need a support group lol

It's the Political forum and Trump is the most prominent politician in the world. That sad fact is why he gets so much attention.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-18-2017, 04:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I need proof before I believe anything those pieces of [BLEEP] lying democrats say..

Would you, even then?

Quote:“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn’t lose any voters, ok? It’s, like, incredible.”
 - Donald Trump

[Image: giphy.gif]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-18-2017, 04:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 04:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I need proof before I believe anything those pieces of [BLEEP] lying democrats say..

Would you, even then?

Quote:“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn’t lose any voters, ok? It’s, like, incredible.”
 - Donald Trump

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yup. There's my proof right there. Burn it down.. 

Typical liberal. Make [BLEEP] up, get triggered over it, cause chaos and continue to obstruct. Wash, rinse, repeat..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 06:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-18-2017, 04:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 09:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It sounds like something he'd say. I'm not saying he actually said it, but it is certainly reminiscent of his speech patterns, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I often wonder if he has some kind of mental deficiency. He just blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind without taking into account how it makes others feel. He never smiles, (he may smirk, but that's not smiling) and he feels the world is out to get him. He's so mechanical, almost like he can't show true emotions. From what I've seen, I believe he lacks empathy. I can't figure this guy out.

It's called narcissistic personality disorder- from mayoclinic.org
If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

This is classic and so true. +1 Smile

1.) This is the first time that I am aware that we are micro analyzing the comments of a president to the family of a fallen soldier. This is part of the Trump derangement syndrome that may very well tear this country apart. People keep saying things like "If he would only do this right or say this rights etc." These are the same people who criticize his wife for her pre flight wardrobe or the way he hands out paper towels for crying out loud. There is no appeasing this part of the spectrum.

2.) I find it funny that we are talking about 7 words out of a conversation that I am sure lasted longer than a few minutes. It's classic of the left to take one or two phrases from a conversation or speech to try and take something out of context. I have heard him use that phrase before. Other family members of fallen soldiers have heard that phrase before. It's not used in the context "wow, suck it up, he knew what he signed up for," It's used in the context of "Wow, they were so brave, they knew what they were signing up for."

I had a teacher in high school who literally yelled and screamed at me if I called her ma'am by accident. To me it was a sign of respect, to her it was a sign of institutional patriarchy. Even if the alleged phrase was used and it upset the family I am sure that it was not the presidents intention. Another point of contention is the use of pronouns vs. first names. REALLY?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 07:05 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Trump is hardly an eloquent person, so I believe he could and would say something insensitive when speaking to a widow. I also agree that he could be a narcissist. That said, taking one line out of a conversation without context allows a person to create a narrative that might not fall inline with what is implied. So, all we know is that he said something to the affect of: he knew what he signed up for … but when it happens it hurts anyway. That is all that is given to us, despite there being more to the conversation.

This could be taken one of two ways, based on the context.

1. He knew what he signed up for. He was aware of the risks, but HE chose to do that. The risk is low that one of our servicemen will be harmed in the line of duty, so it's easy to assume they will all make it back safely, but when it happens it hurts anyways. You're not alone in your suffering.

2. He knew what he signed up for. There are many other men that are unwilling to protect our country, but he did. It takes a brave man to put his life on the line for our freedom. His service to country will be remembered. I never want to lose a member of our military, but when it happens it hurts anyways. I am so sorry for your loss.

The first is a way of explaining away her pain. The second is a way to try to exemplify his courage. It's hard to know what Trump meant without context. My guess is he was meaning to do the latter, but he's just inarticulate. A person who is left leaning then took one of his bumbling sentences and interjected their own idea of what Trump meant instead of trying to understand it. I think all rational people should be hesitant to assume meaning from one line of dialog.

(10-18-2017, 07:04 PM)Last42min Wrote: Trump is hardly an eloquent person, so I believe he could and would say something insensitive when speaking to a widow. I also agree that he could be a narcissist. That said, taking one line out of a conversation without context allows a person to create a narrative that might not fall inline with what is implied. So, all we know is that he said something to the affect of: he knew what he signed up for … but when it happens it hurts anyway. That is all that is given to us, despite there being more to the conversation.

This could be taken one of two ways, based on the context.

1. He knew what he signed up for. He was aware of the risks, but HE chose to do that. The risk is low that one of our servicemen will be harmed in the line of duty, so it's easy to assume they will all make it back safely, but when it happens it hurts anyways. You're not alone in your suffering.  

2. He knew what he signed up for. There are many other men that are unwilling to protect our country, but he did. It takes a brave man to put his life on the line for our freedom. His service to country will be remembered. I never want to lose a member of our military, but when it happens it hurts anyways. I am so sorry for your loss.

The first is a way of explaining away her pain. The second is a way to try to exemplify his courage. It's hard to know what Trump meant without context. My guess is he was meaning to do the latter, but he's just inarticulate. A person who is left leaning then took one of his bumbling sentences and interjected their own idea of what Trump meant instead of trying to understand it. I think all rational people should be hesitant to assume meaning from one line of dialog.

TRUMP APPOLOGIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just kidding)