Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Marrone on Fournette: 'We’ll have to wait and see'

Marrone on Fournette: 'We’ll have to wait and see'

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...34cdc7ad21

Jaguars HC Doug Marrone on the status of RB Leonard Fournette (ankle): 'He was ready to back into the game [this past Sunday], but there’s a lot of adrenaline that goes into t

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey John, he's fine. He will play vs Indy.

Fournette should sit out a couple of weeks till his ankle is healed. One wrong plant and cut could lead to a Gordon Hayward.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 04:22 PM by LAjag.)

(10-18-2017, 03:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fournette should sit out a couple of weeks till his ankle is healed.  One wrong plant and cut could lead to a Gordon Hayward.

It's never good but it couldn't have happened at a better time. He could stay off of it for 20 days for the most part only missing 4 quarters of football. 4 quarters against a squad we should beat regardless if we are to expect anything special to come from this season when we get him back. 

Maybe some others guys (especially Blake) will be forced to make some plays and be better off for it in the long run anyway. I know ivory is fresh and able to give us 4 quarters of tough running. Young WR won't have that somewhat guaranteed safety net either, might light a fire / sense of urgency in game prep.

I'm glass half full at the moment.

(10-18-2017, 04:18 PM)LAjag Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 03:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fournette should sit out a couple of weeks till his ankle is healed.  One wrong plant and cut could lead to a Gordon Hayward.

It's never good but it couldn't have happened at a better time. He could stay off of it for 20 days for the most part only missing 4 quarters of football. 4 quarters against a squad we should beat regardless if we are to expect anything special to come from this season when we get him back. 

Maybe some others guys (especially Blake) will be forced to make some plays and be better off for it in the long run anyway. I know ivory is fresh and able to give us 4 quarters of tough running. Young WR won't have that somewhat guaranteed safety net either, might light a fire / sense of urgency in game prep.

I'm glass half full at the moment.

As much as I would love to see Fournette take over that number 1 rushing spot this week, you may be on to something. The defense should win this game. Let Blake let loose a little bit, run Ivory and activate Yeldon. Let him rest for the second half of the season.

Thats not how injuries work, Hayward had no ankle injury, a freak injury can happen to any player, so I guess all player should sit out right?

If Fournette is ready to go he should play, maybe Ivory gets a lil more carries, but the bye week is coming up and Fournette can get that extra week
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 04:48 PM by LAjag.)

(10-18-2017, 04:30 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

Thats not how injuries work, Hayward had no ankle injury, a freak injury can happen to any player, so I guess all player should sit out right?

If Fournette is ready to go he should play, maybe Ivory gets a lil more carries, but the bye week is coming up and Fournette can get that extra week

He did that in 2016 at LSU playing week 1 against Wisconsin about a week removed from an ankle sprain in camp. Turned out to be the incorrect approach

Yes hindsight is 20/20, but after watching his every carry last year I'm on the rest LF train this week. Give me 9 more games with fournette at full speed > 10 more playing at 80%.

(10-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: As much as I would love to see Fournette take over that number 1 rushing spot this week, you may be on to something. The defense should win this game. Let Blake let loose a little bit, run Ivory and activate Yeldon. Let him rest for the second half of the season.

Fournette has always held the #1 spot. He just hasn't played an entire game, which is OK for a rookie.

(10-18-2017, 04:30 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Thats not how injuries work, Hayward had no ankle injury, a freak injury can happen to any player, so I guess all player should sit out right?

If Fournette is ready to go he should play, maybe Ivory gets a little more carries, but the bye week is coming up and Fournette can get that extra week.

Hayward did have an ankle injury if it was near the bottom of his Achilles tendon, but yes, it was a freak thing. That type of injury always is. Ankle sprains on the other paw are more likely to occur with contact.

If Fournette does play, he should be very limited, with Ivory taking most of the carries. I would rule him out as a precaution.

They should rest him especially considering his history. The way he hurt his ankle seems to indicate some laxity issues from previous sprains. Not letting the ankle heal all the way will only make it more likely for injuries like this to reoccur.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/source-ls...ic-problem

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 05:24 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(10-18-2017, 05:11 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: They should rest him especially considering his history.  The way he hurt his ankle seems to indicate some laxity issues from previous sprains.  Not letting the ankle heal all the way will only make it more likely for injuries like this to reoccur.  

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/source-ls...ic-problem
While we need fournette for the divisional game. We 
need him more for the rest of the season.  So if he sit outs to be healthy for the second half so be it.  

This game is not going to decide the division in itself.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Let Blake pass the ball and the Jags are sure to win the next game.

(10-18-2017, 05:28 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Let Blake pass the ball and the Jags are sure to win the next game.

Who is he going to throw it too. That is acrobatic to catch it?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

The bottom line is, if he's healthy enough to play he needs to play.  That's his J O B.  If not, then he needs to rehab.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-18-2017, 07:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The bottom line is, if he's healthy enough to play he needs to play. That's his JOB. If not, then he needs to rehab.

The question is can he play without making it worse? I don't want to see him stay down after a play or limp to the sideline.

We should rest him. That might force the offense to figure out how to move the ball. Then we can put it all together during the bye week and get healthy and make a real run.
No pain, no gain.

(10-18-2017, 11:21 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We should rest him. That might force the offense to figure out how to move the ball. Then we can put it all together during the bye week and get healthy and make a real run.

The offense knows how to move the ball. Just give it to #33 on more plays than usual because he will spend more time on the field. I honestly am more concerned about drops by at least two receivers than the guy throwing to them.

Smoke and mirrors folks. He's playing Sunday. This is all to confuse the Clots gameplay.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 11:02 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-18-2017, 11:55 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Smoke and mirrors folks. He's playing Sunday. This is all to confuse the Clots gameplay.

No it's not. If a player sits out practice, there is a good reason to believe he may not play.

(10-19-2017, 11:01 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:55 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Smoke and mirrors folks. He's playing Sunday. This is all to confuse the Clots gameplay.

No it's not. If a player sits out practice, there is a good reason to believe he may not play.

So he doesn’t push it before the game. Rest him.