Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts shut down Andrew Luck due to shoulder soreness

Colts shut down Andrew Luck due to shoulder soreness

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-soreness

Colts general manager Chris Ballard announced Wednesday that the team's star quarterback won't practice this week due to "soreness" in his surgically repaired shoulder.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If it is just shoulder soreness, he could be OK on a limited basis next week. I knew he was not going to play against our #1 pass defense.

Bum
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

It may be time to think about shutting him down for the season and get his shoulder fully taken care of. Wont do any good throwing him out there week 12 just to take one hit and be done for the season.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 12:59 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 08:54 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: It may be time to think about shutting him down for the season and get his shoulder fully taken care of. Wont do any good throwing him out there week 12 just to take one hit and be done for the season.

This is from the NFL.com link:

Quote:Ballard emphasized that injured reserve was not an option for Luck, but when asked if the signal-caller would play at all this season, Ballard told reporters: "I don't want to speculate right now. I'm not going to put a timeline on that right now."

Clearly Chris Ballard does not have any intention of shutting Andrew Luck down for the whole season.

(10-19-2017, 12:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 08:54 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: It may be time to think about shutting him down for the season and get his shoulder fully taken care of. Wont do any good throwing him out there week 12 just to take one hit and be done for the season.

This is from the NFL.com link:

Quote:Ballard emphasized that injured reserve was not an option for Luck, but when asked if the signal-caller would play at all this season, Ballard told reporters: "I don't want to speculate right now. I'm not going to put a timeline on that right now."

Clearly Chris Ballard does not have any intention of shutting Andrew Luck down for the whole season.

How in the world does that make ANYTHING clear?  He gave an absolutely vague answer and that makes something clear?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: This is from the NFL.com link:

How in the world does that make ANYTHING clear?  He gave an absolutely vague answer and that makes something clear?

It's vaguely clear? Maybe? Perhaps?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: This is from the NFL.com link:

"injured reserve is not an option" makes it clear Andrew Luck has a good chance of playing in less than eight weeks.

(10-19-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote: How in the world does that make ANYTHING clear?  He gave an absolutely vague answer and that makes something clear?

"injured reserve is not an option" makes it clear Andrew Luck has a good chance of playing in less than eight weeks.

Ballard told reporters: "I don't want to speculate right now. I'm not going to put a timeline on that right now."

Do you only read the parts that you like.....I repeat, how is that clear he will be back?

(10-19-2017, 03:57 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: "injured reserve is not an option" makes it clear Andrew Luck has a good chance of playing in less than eight weeks.

Ballard told reporters: "I don't want to speculate right now. I'm not going to put a timeline on that right now."

Do you only read the parts that you like.....I repeat, how is that clear he will be back?

Do you just want to argue with me?

(10-19-2017, 04:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:57 PM)Rico Wrote: Ballard told reporters: "I don't want to speculate right now. I'm not going to put a timeline on that right now."

Do you just want to argue with me?

I'm asking you a question.  How is that CLEAR he's going to be back?  It's CLEAR to me he's being intentionally vague.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 04:36 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 04:29 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 04:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Do you just want to argue with me?

I'm asking you a question.  How is that CLEAR he's going to be back?  It's CLEAR to me he's being intentionally vague.

"Injured reserve is not an option" is clear enough for anyone to understand in less than six weeks Andrew Luck will practice again. I don't need to know any more until there is a new report.

(10-19-2017, 04:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 04:29 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm asking you a question.  How is that CLEAR he's going to be back?  It's CLEAR to me he's being intentionally vague.

"Injured reserve is not an option" is clear enough for anyone to understand in less than six weeks Andrew Luck will practice again. I don't need to know any more until there is a new report.
Talking...to...a...brick...wall...

(10-19-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Rico Wrote: How in the world does that make ANYTHING clear?  He gave an absolutely vague answer and that makes something clear?

Just like injured reserve wasn't an option for Peyton Manning in 2011.  Remember how many games he played that year?

(10-19-2017, 07:27 PM)empty Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: "injured reserve is not an option" makes it clear Andrew Luck has a good chance of playing in less than eight weeks.

Just like injured reserve wasn't an option for Peyton Manning in 2011.  Remember how many games he played that year?

Totally different situation. Everyone except Bill Polian knew he was going to miss all 16 games.

Not willing to put a timeline on it is pretty much coach speak for 'I want to keep opponents guessing, but in reality hes done, but I won't confirm it so you worry he might come back.' I am guessing if this soreness doesn't improve, Luck will go back under the knife between week 11 and Jan.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 10:05 PM by Bullseye.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...returning/

I have to ask...is Luck done completely?

Listening to the Colts brass, he was supposed to be back by now. Now there is talk about him returning in 2018?!?

I have to think the Colts have to invest a pretty high pick in a QB next draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!