Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of emergency declared in Alachua County for white supremacist

Information 

I hope other members in Gainesville are aware of this and will post updates following the hate speech.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2017, 11:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I hope other members in Gainesville are aware of this and will post updates following the hate speech.

Is your neighbor's cat as good a reporter as he is a meteorologist? Maybe he can get the scoop for us.

(10-18-2017, 11:58 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I hope other members in Gainesville are aware of this and will post updates following the hate speech.

Is your neighbor's cat as good a reporter as he is a meteorologist? Maybe he can get the scoop for us.

I think JDub scoops for the cat, that's where her posts come from.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You know it's a hate speech? Did you attend, or did you read a transcript?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

There will be many fine people, on both sides, attending Spence's speech.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-19-2017, 09:09 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

You know it's a hate speech? Did you attend, or did you read a transcript?

What else could it be?

I saw one of the news stations here sent 5 reporters to cover this. 5 reporters? Only giving this idiot ample opportunity and coverage.

*YAWN* It's all staged. Spencer is a tool of the left and so are the paid protesters. You are supposed to react in outrage over one "side" or the other. Notice we're always supposed to choose between 2 false choices. You either have to be Antifa or a Nazi. In this case it's actually just 1 false choice since they are essentially the same thing.

(10-19-2017, 12:06 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I saw one of the news stations here sent 5 reporters to cover this.  5 reporters?  Only giving this idiot ample opportunity and coverage.

Yesterday I saw one live news vehicle. ONE! Maybe other network reporters and cameras arrived later, but that was around 3:00 p.m.

(10-19-2017, 12:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:06 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I saw one of the news stations here sent 5 reporters to cover this.  5 reporters?  Only giving this idiot ample opportunity and coverage.

Yesterday I saw one live news vehicle. ONE! Maybe other network reporters and cameras arrived later, but that was around 3:00 p.m.

He wasn't there yesterday, so why would there be that many reporters there?  There was no story....yet.

(10-19-2017, 01:12 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 12:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Yesterday I saw one live news vehicle. ONE! Maybe other network reporters and cameras arrived later, but that was around 3:00 p.m.

He wasn't there yesterday, so why would there be that many reporters there?  There was no story....yet.

Why were there any reporters yesterday if nothing was happening?

Live right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTxuBPzE38
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-19-2017, 01:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 01:12 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: He wasn't there yesterday, so why would there be that many reporters there?  There was no story....yet.

Why were there any reporters yesterday if nothing was happening?

Stop. Just stop.

(10-19-2017, 02:50 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Live right now

That's it? That's what everyone is getting so worked up about? What am I missing?

We should all protest every time a Clinton or Obama gives a $500k speech somewhere.

I'm not a fan of their words so they shouldn't be allowed to speak them....

that's how free speech is working these days right?
Kneeling during anthem, is OK!
Having a pro-life speech, is not.
Clogging the roads in an anti-Trump march is OK....
but gathering to talk about conservative view points.... not so much.
Anti-white rhetoric... good.
Not getting behind BLM movement...racist and bad!

Just making sure I'm all up to date on how free speech works....
any other notes?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 03:52 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 03:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 02:50 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Live right now

That's it? That's what everyone is getting so worked up about? What am I missing?

Maybe you are missing this:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10.../23249274/

(10-19-2017, 03:30 PM)Kane Wrote: We should all protest every time a Clinton or Obama gives a $500k speech somewhere.

any other notes?

The Huff Post link I posted explains UF is required to allow it by law because it is a publicly funded college and private schools would not have that obligation.

(10-19-2017, 03:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's it? That's what everyone is getting so worked up about? What am I missing?

Maybe you are missing this:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10.../23249274/

(10-19-2017, 03:30 PM)Kane Wrote: We should all protest every time a Clinton or Obama gives a $500k speech somewhere.

any other notes?

The Huff Post link I posted explains UF is required to allow it by law because it is a publicly funded college and private schools would not have that obligation.

I know the laws regarding free speech on state funded campuses.
I'm talking about the irony and double-standard from many on the left who think free speech is all fine and dandy until some idiot with a myopic view of things wants to speak freely. Then it's protests and rioting galore to prevent said speech from being free, so to speak.

They won't even allow a dialog. Typical.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-19-2017, 04:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: They won't even allow a dialog. Typical.

That's crazy. How can that be if they make a big deal about freedom of speech, which is exactly why Uf is required to allow this crap?

I didn't hear it all, but from what I heard he wasn't exactly slanderous in his speech during this visit. The one interesting point I did hear him make was that the Virginia governor declaring a state of emergency pushing the march in Charlottesville out of the park and directly into counterprotesters/antifa which caused much of what happened there. If true, they should do some explaining.

It doesn't seem like there was a lot of/any violence either, so that's good.