Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russian collusion - a smoking gun

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 07:22 AM by copycat.)

(10-29-2017, 09:43 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 06:58 PM)copycat Wrote: HRC and DJT are two sides of the same coin.  You do get that right?

With that said, where do you stand with the apparent links to the Clinton Foundation and the Uranium Deal?

Same as I do with Trump. If there was wrongdoing, and it sure as hell appears there was, then it should be investigated thoroughly, charges brought, and anyone who committed a crime should be forced to answer for it.

The only prominent political entity with a shot at the White House that I dislike more than Trump is actually Hillary Clinton, believe it or not. As bad as Trump's presidency has been, Clinton's would have been full of broader social freedoms by way of Constitutional rights being rescinded, a society on a perpetual witch hunt for "oppressors" and pictures of a smiling Clinton all over the internet captioned "BIG MOTHER IS WATCHING" 

I know it's been a lifetime since the election, but I ended up pretty torn between Johnson and Trump at the end. Johnson because that's where my ideals lied, and Trump because he wasn't Hillary Clinton.

I know exactly what you mean.

(10-29-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 06:58 PM)copycat Wrote: HRC and DJT are two sides of the same coin.  You do get that right?

Given events since the election, is the choice between the two still as clear cut as it was to you when you cast your vote?

Absolutely, I held my nose and voted for Johnson.  As poor of a candidate as he was I just couldn't see myself voting for either of the other two.  I did have hope that Trump prove me wrong after he won but alas no such luck.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wasn't voting for either of them ever, there was never a second of waffling or doubt.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 10:41 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Just so I am clear, a special council that was started on May 17th, 2017. That is 5 1/2 months ago for those of you without an abacus, comes forth with a pending indictment on the same week stories of Clinton/Dossier/Uranium One are dominating headlines?

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything...

My ladies said it best...

Diamond and Silk‏Verified account @DiamondandSilk 7m7 minutes ago
More
Listening to the Media talk about Manafort. What does his past business dealings have to do with the 2016 Election? Sounds like Manafort's has a personal problem, not a campaign problem. Stop tying his mess from the past to the Trump campaign!

1. Manafort did something illegal while working for Obama via the Podesta Group.

2. Let's impeach Trump!

When you cast a wide net, you're bound to catch something.......
Mueller is just working for the DNC and this is political payback for them losing the 2016 election
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(10-30-2017, 12:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: When you cast a wide net, you're bound to catch something.......
Mueller is just working for the DNC and this is political payback for them losing the 2016 election

This is all pre-Trump campaign stuff. Not sure where this is going or if they are just using this as leverage to get Manafort to cough something up to further their "investigation".

I don't care that Mueller found something worthy of indicting and then indicting the person, but I think we just got a glimpse into how Mueller intends to run his investigation. Manafort was arrested for things he did before Trump. The latest criminal activity I could find on Manafort (in the warrant) was 2014. Did anyone see anything from 2016 or 2017?

There was no logical reason to announce that you have charges and hold it for the weekend to end. That's nothing more than political grandstanding. After reading the warrant, you could literally substitute Manafort with Clinton and you'd have almost the same end result... money from another government. The conspiracy against the US seems to be contingent on the fact that he received money from another government, lied about it, and was working in politics. That's pretty much every one.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 12:27 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Those charges, lol. Trump's 2nd term will be long over before this thing makes it through the courts.

(10-30-2017, 12:24 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I don't care that Mueller found something worthy of indicting and then indicting the person, but I think we just got a glimpse into how Mueller intends to run his investigation. Manafort was arrested for things he did before Trump. The latest criminal activity I could find on Manafort (in the warrant) was 2014. Did anyone see anything from 2016 or 2017?

There was no logical reason to announce that you have charges and hold it for the weekend to end. That's nothing more than political grandstanding. After reading the warrant, you could literally substitute Manafort with Clinton and you'd have almost the same end result... money from another government. The conspiracy against the US seems to be contingent on the fact that he received money from another government, lied about it, and was working in politics. That's pretty much every one.

Getting your Trump excuses ready early. Probably not a bad idea. You'll need them in the coming months.

Trump's campaign manager was just indicted! Nothing to see hear. Hannity on at 9:00 pm. He'll have breaking news on the effort to impeach President Hillary Clinton.

I expect very soon Fox and Friends will be claiming that Trump doesn't even know Paul Manafort. Only met him once. maybe.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-30-2017, 12:45 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:24 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I don't care that Mueller found something worthy of indicting and then indicting the person, but I think we just got a glimpse into how Mueller intends to run his investigation. Manafort was arrested for things he did before Trump. The latest criminal activity I could find on Manafort (in the warrant) was 2014. Did anyone see anything from 2016 or 2017?

Getting your Trump excuses ready early. Probably not a bad idea. You'll need them in the coming months.

Trump's campaign manager was just indicted! Nothing to see hear. Hannity on at 9:00 pm. He'll have breaking news on the effort to impeach President Hillary Clinton.

I expect very soon Fox and Friends will be claiming that Trump doesn't even know Paul Manafort. Only met him once. maybe.

Coming months? It took them 5.5 months to indict a guy on 12 charges completely unrelated to the 2016 campaign.

Keep trying though...

By the way, not that anyone cares, but most of the "evidence" collected at the raid of Manafort's home will be tossed as Fruit of the Poisonous Tree since the FBI blew the warrant. Law Enforcement cannot confiscate attorney/client privileged documents, but Mueller's jackboots seem to have done so by their own admission. If/when that gets to a judge the whole indictment is going bye bye.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

In conclusion........... Democrats suck, Republicans suck, the sky is blue and water is wet.

They are coming for you Donald.

(10-30-2017, 12:45 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

No excuses. Who would actually be worried about this now? After months of investigating, they found 2 people that didn't pay their taxes, laundered their money, and didn't report their income 3 years ago. If they had anything noteworthy, then they would have already shown us. In an investigation into colluding, they arrest 2 people on tax evasion. That should give you an idea about how well it's going. The conspiracy charge isn't even a treasonous charge; it's a conspiracy in regards to the financial aspect of their activities.

There's literally zero evidence of collusion in the charges. Maybe you can show me otherwise?

(10-31-2017, 02:10 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:45 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Getting your Trump excuses ready early. Probably not a bad idea. You'll need them in the coming months.

No excuses. Who would actually be worried about this now? After months of investigating, they found 2 people that didn't pay their taxes, laundered their money, and didn't report their income 3 years ago. If they had anything noteworthy, then they would have already shown us. In an investigation into colluding, they arrest 2 people on tax evasion. That should give you an idea about how well it's going. The conspiracy charge isn't even a treasonous charge; it's a conspiracy in regards to the financial aspect of their activities.

There's literally zero evidence of collusion in the charges. Maybe you can show me otherwise?

You need to read the information about the third indictment - re Papadopoulos. It's collusion personified.

Of course Sarah Sanders is already out there lying about what his role was, etc., etc. So many people in the Trump orbit were trying real hard to work with so many Russians. And so many people keep lying about it. We'll see how high it goes and if anyone goes to jail over it. Donald cannot be happy.

The Manafort money-related charges are just an added bonus. If crimes are found you'll be charged. Which will make many others nervous. Perhaps they'll wish to talk.

OK - let's hear from the Hannity surrogates - "Lock up Hillary!" "But, but, but ..."
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-30-2017, 11:31 PM)nate Wrote: They are coming for you Donald.

Hell, we know that. Doesn't matter if he did anything wrong, they've been coming for him from the moment he won the R nomination. And if they have to manufacture outrage in the public over some minor charges on other people from years ago when those people worked for the Democrats then, by deity, they're gonna go it!

Just an observation but I seem to recall a special prosecutor looking into a shady real estate deal that wound up ensnaring a sitting president for getting his jollies in the oval office. The right was cheering and left was making excuses. Somethings never change except the names.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-31-2017, 09:13 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:10 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: No excuses. Who would actually be worried about this now? After months of investigating, they found 2 people that didn't pay their taxes, laundered their money, and didn't report their income 3 years ago. If they had anything noteworthy, then they would have already shown us. In an investigation into colluding, they arrest 2 people on tax evasion. That should give you an idea about how well it's going. The conspiracy charge isn't even a treasonous charge; it's a conspiracy in regards to the financial aspect of their activities.

You need to read the information about the third indictment - re Papadopoulos. It's collusion personified.

Yep, it's the Martha Stewart case all over again.

(10-31-2017, 09:13 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:10 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: No excuses. Who would actually be worried about this now? After months of investigating, they found 2 people that didn't pay their taxes, laundered their money, and didn't report their income 3 years ago. If they had anything noteworthy, then they would have already shown us. In an investigation into colluding, they arrest 2 people on tax evasion. That should give you an idea about how well it's going. The conspiracy charge isn't even a treasonous charge; it's a conspiracy in regards to the financial aspect of their activities.

Of course Sarah Sanders is already out there lying about what his role was, etc., etc. So many people in the Trump orbit were trying real hard to work with so many Russians. And so many people keep lying about it. We'll see how high it goes and if anyone goes to jail over it. Donald cannot be happy.

The Manafort money-related charges are just an added bonus. If crimes are found you'll be charged. Which will make many others nervous. Perhaps they'll wish to talk.

OK - let's hear from the Hannity surrogates - "Lock up Hillary!" "But, but, but ..."

You want something to stick SO badly that it is clouding your judgement. 

The only thing Trump has done is increase peoples 401K's and propose a tax plan to put more money in peoples pocket. If that is a crime, lock him up!

(10-30-2017, 07:18 AM)copycat Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Given events since the election, is the choice between the two still as clear cut as it was to you when you cast your vote?

Absolutely, I held my nose and voted for Johnson.  As poor of a candidate as he was I just couldn't see myself voting for either of the other two.  I did have hope that Trump prove me wrong after he won but alas no such luck.

Ah, for some reason I thought you'd voted for Trump. I voted for Johnson, for the same reason as you, though I had no hopes Trump would be anything other than what he turned out to be.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]