Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Weird error page

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 01:26 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

First the website slowed down significantly. Then I started getting this a full-screen error page unlike any I had ever seen before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The DB issues were experienced by all (on all pages, but particularly on pages that made DB writes vs just DB reads) and should now be resolved.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

It was a problem on our end.  We are working on fixing the issue.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I assume regular maintenance would not have been scheduled for a Sunday at noon during football season if there was a way to avoid that. A couple times I also got the SQL Error. I kept thinking thinking this is a bad time to have technical issues because we finally shut out an opponent during the 21st century. Good thing we still have time to catch up before it's time for Jaguars coaches to start planning for the Bungles.

(10-24-2017, 01:23 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I assume regular maintenance would not have been scheduled for a Sunday at noon during football season if there was a way to avoid that. A couple times I also got the SQL Error. I kept thinking thinking this is a bad time to have technical issues because we finally shut out an opponent during the 21st century. Good thing we still have time to catch up before it's time for Jaguars coaches to start planning for the Bungles.

Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-22-2017, 12:30 PM)Superuser Wrote: The DB issues were experienced by all (on all pages, but particularly on pages that made DB writes vs just DB reads) and should now be resolved.

What is DB?

(10-24-2017, 01:23 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I assume regular maintenance would not have been scheduled for a Sunday at noon during football season if there was a way to avoid that. A couple times I also got the SQL Error. I kept thinking thinking this is a bad time to have technical issues because we finally shut out an opponent during the 21st century. Good thing we still have time to catch up before it's time for Jaguars coaches to start planning for the Bungles.

Regular maintenance was most certainly NOT scheduled at noon on a Sunday.
High load on the web site was scheduled, however. But combine that with an unexpectedly misbehaving database and you have 'emergency maintenance'. 

And I ain't gonna spend the time to re-write the 'site is down' message to properly annotate the reason for the outage; instead I'll be working on the issue.

Edit: DB = Database
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

If only the bad behavior could have waited 24 hours . . . Wallbash

What was the problem? I had mine up and running before kick off...
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-24-2017, 11:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: What was the problem? I had mine up and running before kick off...

When I clicked on any link, the site was very slow. Instead of just taking me back to the forum index or whatever, it opened a "502 Error" page with a "cannot continue" message.

How did other people get on this site? The game day thread has 856 replies and over 1,000 views, so I know people were visiting it during the game. Other threads were also started on Sunday after the game.

I didn’t have a problem during the game at all.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 07:47 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-24-2017, 06:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I didn’t have a problem during the game at all.

I could not access the forum until this morning. I had to visit the Colts forum Sunday and Monday. Wallbash

(10-24-2017, 06:12 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: How did other people get on this site? The game day thread has 856 replies and over 1,000 views, so I know people were visiting it during the game. Other threads were also started on Sunday after the game.
(10-24-2017, 07:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 06:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I didn’t have a problem during the game at all.

I could not access the forum until this morning. I had to visit the Colts forum Sunday and Monday.  Wallbash

The site was down for less than 30 minutes from what I saw when I was initially alerted to the problem and Superuser and I tried to correct the problem (actually it was probably less than that).  You probably needed to refresh your browser after we got the board running again.

In the future, should something like this happen again, try closing your browser and/or just refreshing it when accessing the site.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-24-2017, 08:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The site was down for less than 30 minutes from what I saw when I was initially alerted to the problem and Superuser and I tried to correct the problem (actually it was probably less than that).  You probably needed to refresh your browser after we got the board running again.

In the future, should something like this happen again, try closing your browser and/or just refreshing it when accessing the site.

I thought I did that.

For what it's worth, it was down for me for almost an hour.. but as soon as it kicked in there were no other issues at all..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...