Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Icemen

We're season ticket holders to Jacksonville's newest sports franchise, the ECHL Icemen. If you haven't been, you should try it out. They've lost their first couple of games but the play hard and the games at the arena are a riot. I will confess I'm a closet hockey fan and would love to see the arena sold out every game.

https://www.jacksonvilleicemen.com/
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is nothing better than hockey IMO.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Cool ..... I just realized they were affiliated with the Winnipeg Jets

What are the beer prices down there? I recall the Jacksonville Sharks used to have reasonable hot dog & beer prices, which is critical !!

Maybe I just got spoiled with pro sports growing up and well into my 30s, but I just can't get into minor league sports including the Suns...errrr Jumbo Shrimp.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-24-2017, 09:40 AM)Rico Wrote: Maybe I just got spoiled with pro sports growing up and well into my 30s, but I just can't get into minor league sports including the Suns...errrr Jumbo Shrimp.

I agree, although I did have a blast going to the Jacksonville Sharks games years ago.    .... that was pre-Netflix

Went last night, was great fun. The team isn't very good, but it's nice to see the vet being put to use. Looking forward to future games to be be sure. I encourage everyone to go
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I haven't been to a game yet, but looking forward to it.  We're originally from the north where my oldest son played youth hockey, mite through bantam, often in unheated rinks.  After countless weekend 6 am ice times, in temperatures sometimes on the wrong side of 0, watching a game down here will be a pleasure.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 01:16 PM by Inziladun.)

Went to the game this last Saturday. Started out hot, 3 - 0 lead early in the 1st. Then let them back in it only to lay the heat back on making it 6 - 3 Icemen. Then we lost a lot of steam in the 3rd and they tied it up. Lost in sudden death, apparently they lost a game in a Shootout earlier in the week. Team isn't very good, they don't close out games very well and two of our best players got called up already. But it was a blast, a lot of people there showing support and the Goal celebrations comically lasted 4 minutes. Buzzer didn't even go off when the opposing team scored. All in good fun, but the beer prices were outrageous. I got a little tipsy and accidentally spent 50 bucks on a few beers and a pretzel. $9.00 a beer ain't going to cut it in the long run, hope they start running specials or else we gonna lose this team too. Also noticed Jersey prices cost more than Jags Jerseys, not sure how that's even possible. I came repping my NHL team though and saw a few Lizard Kings jerseys out there which gave me a big smile.

(12-04-2017, 01:14 PM)Inziladun Wrote:  $9.00 a beer 

That's all I needed to know.  Count me out.  

Go Pens !!

support your local minor league teams people. Even if that means going to one game a year. Minor and pro league teams create a lot of jobs. The small town in Indiana I live in 75k people has a scout league minor league baseball team I make sure to watch at least one a year.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

My kids still talk about all the fun we had at the minor league baseball games in a nearby city- the Lynn Sailors (Seattle AA team) and the Massachusetts Mad Dogs (Independent League).

For Mad Dogs games, we would buy Milk Bones for the dog, save the boxes and put in a bag of Cheezits or crackers instead. Then we'd sit there eating the crackers out of the Milk Bones box and bark.

Seems like a giant waste of money for a sport that most people don't care about.

When I spend my 600 dollars on a beer at Everbank I at least know I'm watching the best athletes in the world. I guess that's why I hated the one Sharks game I went to.. I kept thinking.. none of these guys would even sniff Alabama's roster, hell, not even Vanderbilt's roster.

If I lived in Jax, I would try to go to a game as often as i could. I love hockey.

(01-30-2018, 10:29 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: If I lived in Jax, I would try to go to a game as often as i could. I love hockey.

I do too. I see a lot of college hockey and share season tickets with another guy to Boston College games and to Northeastern University games. We also have something here called the Beanpot Tournament which pits the 4 Boston schools (BC, BU, Northeastern, Harvard) against each other on back to back Mondays in a semifinal/final format.

One of the 4 NCAA regionals is held in this area every year too and that's a don't miss as we get to see 4 of the 16 best teams in the country and Canada.

Old thread but deserves a bump. Icemen are finna make the playoffs! Smile

https://www.jacksonvilleicemen.com/news/...ush-is-on/
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.