Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** NBA 2017 Season Thread ***

(06-04-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is precisely why LeBron is not the GOAT.  He disappears and always has.

I don't know about that. His game one was hardly disappearing. This team has issues. I think it is more talented than the sum of its parts, but it clearly isn't all together right now. There are multiple players who were good this year (before Cleveland) who are basically doing nothing. Everyone they got in the trade doesn't seem to be well integrated.

I do think that this falls on Tyronne Lue. I mean George Hill was a borderline all star last year. Rodney Hood was a good up and coming player. Jordon Clarkson was a solid 6th man in LA. And Nance is decent too. Most of those guys look like scrubs on the Cavs. Even going back to Kevin Love. The guy was All-NBA pre-cavs. I know he can do more. I think this team would go to playoffs without LeBron if they had a decent coach (especially in the weak east).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2018, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is precisely why LeBron is not the GOAT.  He disappears and always has.
Are you serious?

You think Jordan, with this Cavs squad, would have won that game last night? That Jordan, on this Cavs team, would be able to do anything at all? 

It's a miracle Lebron even wins games with the team he's on.

Yes Jordan would have won.  He elevates those around him and is an absolute prick on the court.  He didn't have to always put a team on his back because they played to his expectations.  You put Lebron on a team they all shrink and lean on him.  I remember Chris Bosh as the Raptors 5 Time All Star not the shell of a player with the Heat and Lebron.  You look at who has played with and all of a sudden they play worse once Lebron comes to town?  Not the GOAT
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-06-2018, 06:25 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you serious?

You think Jordan, with this Cavs squad, would have won that game last night? That Jordan, on this Cavs team, would be able to do anything at all? 

Yes Jordan would have won.  He elevates those around him and is an absolute prick on the court.  He didn't have to always put a team on his back because they played to his expectations.  You put Lebron on a team they all shrink and lean on him.  I remember Chris Bosh as the Raptors 5 Time All Star not the shell of a player with the Heat and Lebron.  You look at who has played with and all of a sudden they play worse once Lebron comes to town?  Not the GOAT

While part of doesn't want to admit there is truth in this, I have to agree with this for the most part. Kevin love is another example of this.

However i think there is another angle that this point also presents. If you are saying that players lean on james when on his team, would that not make his accolades that much more impressive because his skill alone was responsible for the outcome as opposed to his leadership or what he demands from people? Just another angle to consider.

I have to say, that play by LeBron midway through the first was insane.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-06-2018, 06:25 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you serious?

Well you couldn't be more wrong.

How come Jordan didn't elevate his teammates through the first 8 seasons of his career? How come he didn't make the finals until Pippen and Phil Jackson came on board? Jordan wouldn't have even made the conference Finals with this team. He would have taken 40 shots a game and lost to the Raptors.

Lebron is playing with the 2nd worst cast to ever make a Finals..... Behind his own Cavs team back in 2008.

Cavs look like they've mailed it in here at the end of the 3rd
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2018, 11:14 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

JR Smith lost this series in game 1. If he had just been more aware, the Cavs would have believed they could win. Instead, we get an ugly sweep.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Apparently LBJ broke his right hand after game 1 by punching a blackboard.....insane he played as well as he did!! Ironic terminology but what a warrior

(06-08-2018, 11:13 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: JR Smith lost this series in game 1. If he had just been more aware, the Cavs would have believed they could win. Instead, we get an ugly sweep.

Or Hill could have just made the free throw.

(06-09-2018, 09:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 11:13 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: JR Smith lost this series in game 1. If he had just been more aware, the Cavs would have believed they could win. Instead, we get an ugly sweep.

Or Hill could have just made the free throw.

That too, but I think there is a lot more blame on JR Smith. Missing a freethrow is more forgivable than bot knowing the score and running the clock out when your tied.