Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** NBA 2017 Season Thread ***

(05-29-2018, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: i believe the time has come to move the 3 point line back to where it was years ago. This league is borderline unwatchable now, and this is coming from a die-hard NBA fan who used to have NBA League Pass.
Why on earth would they move it closer?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no interest in watching the NBA Finals.

If I were Cleveland, I'd put in 1 of my irrelevant players like Osman to pester Draymond or Durant in attempt to get them to swing a punch and get a 3 game ejection or something.

Screw Lebron... he can't hold this man's jock

William Felton Russell is an American retired professional basketball player. Russell played center for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association from 1956 to 1969. A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a twelve-time All-Star, he was the centerpiece of the Celtics dynasty, winning eleven NBA championships during his thirteen-year career. Russell tied the record for the most championships won by an athlete in a North American sports league. Before his professional career, Russell led the University of San Francisco to two consecutive NCAA championships in 1955 and 1956, and he captained the gold-medal winning U.S. national basketball team at the 1956 Summer Olympics.

How many NCAA titles does those other guys have? Oh and that Olympic gold was as a collegiate not some dream team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-29-2018, 02:20 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Screw Lebron...  he can't hold this man's jock

William Felton Russell is an American retired professional basketball player. Russell played center for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association from 1956 to 1969. A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a twelve-time All-Star, he was the centerpiece of the Celtics dynasty, winning eleven NBA championships during his thirteen-year career. Russell tied the record for the most championships won by an athlete in a North American sports league. Before his professional career, Russell led the University of San Francisco to two consecutive NCAA championships in 1955 and 1956, and he captained the gold-medal winning U.S. national basketball team at the 1956 Summer Olympics.

How many NCAA titles does those other guys have?  Oh and that Olympic gold was as a collegiate not some dream team.
Yup.

That's the smell of a hater.

(05-29-2018, 02:20 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Screw Lebron...  he can't hold this man's jock

How many NCAA titles does those other guys have?  Oh and that Olympic gold was as a collegiate not some dream team.

Steve Kerr has 6 NBA Titles as a player.  

Kerr > LeBron
Kerr > Kobe
Kerr > Shaq
Kerr > Magic
Kerr > L. Ball

(05-29-2018, 04:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Steve Kerr has 6 NBA Titles as a player.  

Kerr > LeBron
Kerr > Kobe
Kerr > Shaq
Kerr > Magic
Kerr > L. Ball
Russell was playing against some top notch competition too dude. Elite athletes back then.

I don't know why people want to devalue Mr Russell. I guess Wilt Chamberlain is garbage too. The guys today are full time athletes, you honestly don't think the old guys couldn't train it up and meet today's competition?

I am a big David Robinson fan as well. I guess I am just a major hater.
The Khan Years

(05-30-2018, 07:31 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't know why people want to devalue Mr Russell. I guess Wilt Chamberlain is garbage too. The guys today are full time athletes, you honestly don't think the old guys couldn't train it up and meet today's competition?

What you did was say Lebron couldn't hold Bills jock. That makes you a hater.

Lebron wouldn't have lost a single game if he played back when Bill did. And I never claimed Russell or Wilt are garbage but you really think Wilt would be able to score 100 in a game today? Those two dudes were anomalies back then. Today? We have many dudes in the NBA who are built like those guys. 

You're just trying to bash Lebron because it's the cool thing to do. He's the best player and athlete the NBA has ever seen. Jordan won 6 titles and that's great but from a pure basketball standpoint, it's Lebron.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2018, 09:37 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-29-2018, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 04:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Steve Kerr has 6 NBA Titles as a player.  

Kerr > LeBron
Kerr > Kobe
Kerr > Shaq
Kerr > Magic
Kerr > L. Ball
Russell was playing against some top notch competition too dude. Elite athletes back then.

Lol .... Russell was 6'10" playing against of a bunch of shorter white dudes that would probably be playing lacrosse in this era

Magic Johnson was a 6'11" freakish point guard (1 of a kind) when he came into the NBA.  Right now, most 6'11 NBA players can handle the ball and hit a 3 point shot with consistency (see Durant, Nowitzki, Aaron Gordon, etc.).  

Bill Russell would have been the DeAndre Jordan of the NBA in this era.

[Image: 47747_lg.jpeg]

So the Magic just annouced Steve Clifford as their next head coach. I am actually pleasantly surprised. I thought he was better in Charlotte than he was given credit for.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(05-30-2018, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 07:31 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't know why people want to devalue Mr Russell. I guess Wilt Chamberlain is garbage too. The guys today are full time athletes, you honestly don't think the old guys couldn't train it up and meet today's competition?

Lebron wouldn't have lost a single game if he played back when Bill did. And I never claimed Russell or Wilt are garbage but you really think Wilt would be able to score 100 in a game today? Those two dudes were anomalies back then. Today? We have many dudes in the NBA who are built like those guys. 

You're just trying to bash Lebron because it's the cool thing to do. He's the best player and athlete the NBA has ever seen. Jordan won 6 titles and that's great but from a pure basketball standpoint, it's Lebron.

Touche…. Never going to convince me about Lebron but that is okay.
The Khan Years

lol Bryan Colangelo

Lebron James will lead the Cavs all the way to a Game 7 victory against the Warriors. Avg for the series 45pts, 15 assists, 13 rebs, 3 blocks. Surpassing Jordan as the best player to play in the NBA.

(05-30-2018, 04:26 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: So the Magic just annouced Steve Clifford as their next head coach. I am actually pleasantly surprised. I thought he was better in Charlotte than he was given credit for.

I'll defer judgement but his resume (below) is kind of depressing .... of course, there's only so much you can coach up a team that is assembled by terrible Front Offices.

As coach:

1983–1985
Woodland HS

1985–1989
Saint Anselm (assistant)

1989–1990

Fairfield (assistant)

1990–1994

Boston University (assistant)

1994–1995

Siena (assistant)

1995–1999

Adelphi

1999–2000

East Carolina (assistant)

2000–2001
New York Knicks (advance scout)

New York Knicks (assistant)

Houston Rockets (assistant)

Orlando Magic (assistant)

2012–2013
Los Angeles Lakers (assistant)

Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets

(05-30-2018, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

If you're going to tout the competition argument as a knock on Wilt and Russell, then you have to use it against LeBron, too.  There are two elite teams in the NBA and everyone else will never sniff the finals until they're done.

This league is FAR weaker than the days of Shaq/Kobe, and even moreso than the days of Jordan's Bulls.  LeBron is not the greatest.  He is more talented than the entire NBA right now by a wide margin, but that's a statement about how weak the league is before it's a statement of his greatness.

(05-31-2018, 02:43 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What you did was say Lebron couldn't hold Bills jock. That makes you a hater.

If you're going to tout the competition argument as a knock on Wilt and Russell, then you have to use it against LeBron, too.  There are two elite teams in the NBA and everyone else will never sniff the finals until they're done.

This league is FAR weaker than the days of Shaq/Kobe, and even moreso than the days of Jordan's Bulls.  LeBron is not the greatest.  He is more talented than the entire NBA right now by a wide margin, but that's a statement about how weak the league is before it's a statement of his greatness.
I'm putting titles aside for a moment.

There is not a more physically gifted basketball player than Lebron in the history of the NBA. There's just not. By the time his career is over, he will have the most points all time. Top 5 all time in assists. Top 10 in steals. As well as getting close to the top 10 in rebounds.

The overall talent level in the NBA when Russell played was absurdly low. Why do you think he won 11 championships? The overall talent level in the NBA is twice as good as it was back then.

The Jordan era had some great teams but still, athletes today are bigger, faster and stronger than they have ever been.

We are all learning what Peyton Manning felt like all these years every time we watch the Cavs. Hard to watch the Cavs supporting cast. These guys are professionals for crying out loud.

This is precisely why LeBron is not the GOAT. He disappears and always has.

(06-04-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is precisely why LeBron is not the GOAT.  He disappears and always has.

I am not a LeBron defender, and don't really like the guy, BUT, he is a casualty of the worst coach in the NBA along with the worst role players in the NBA.

(06-04-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is precisely why LeBron is not the GOAT.  He disappears and always has.
Are you serious?

You think Jordan, with this Cavs squad, would have won that game last night? That Jordan, on this Cavs team, would be able to do anything at all? 

It's a miracle Lebron even wins games with the team he's on.