Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodbye McElwain?

Gus Bradley. Bring him back home to north florida

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-29-2017, 01:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It is just a rumor at this point. The article stats UF has denied buyout claims made on Twitter by unofficial sources. Clearly it is a situation to monitor, but also an example of why you should not depend on Twitter to get news stories.

And it’s also an example of why you shouldn’t discount everything you hear on twitter just because it’s twitter.

My issue with Twitter is any Gators fan or booster can use the platform to "report" Jim McElwain will be fired. By waiting for a source such as ESPN, I can be sure it wasn't fake news.

NFL.com reported UF and Jim McElwain mutually agreed to part ways.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-part-ways

(10-29-2017, 07:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And it’s also an example of why you shouldn’t discount everything you hear on twitter just because it’s twitter.

My issue with Twitter is any Gators fan or booster can use the platform to "report" Jim McElwain will be fired. By waiting for a source such as ESPN, I can be sure it wasn't fake news.

It all depends on who makes the tweet. Even ESPN uses twitter. Not every tweet comes from some anonymous Joe Fan that no one knows. You shouldn’t dismiss something just because you don’t understand how it works.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Lane kiffin currently the favorite.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-29-2017, 09:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It all depends on who makes the tweet. Even ESPN uses twitter. Not every tweet comes from some anonymous Joe Fan that no one knows. You shouldn’t dismiss something just because you don’t understand how it works.

I know ESPN tweets can be trusted. The tweet that threw me off was the one about Gators boosters.

On topic, does the timing or method of JM's departure surprise anyone?

(10-30-2017, 12:18 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 09:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It all depends on who makes the tweet. Even ESPN uses twitter. Not every tweet comes from some anonymous Joe Fan that no one knows. You shouldn’t dismiss something just because you don’t understand how it works.

I know ESPN tweets can be trusted. The tweet that threw me off was the one about Gators boosters.

And it ended up being true, didn’t it?

Chip Kelly is the only veteran guy I would be happy with. Plz no to Mullen or Stoops or whoever else.

Any of Frost, Campbell, or Norvell would be fun options other than Kelly too.

Not impressed with Chip Kelly at all, plus I think he wants another shot at the nfl. Stoops isn’t interested in coaching anymore and Mullen is just meh for me.

(10-30-2017, 12:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:18 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I know ESPN tweets can be trusted. The tweet that threw me off was the one about Gators boosters.

And it ended up being true, didn’t it?

I learned the truth here:

Quote:"We want to thank coach McElwain for his efforts in leading the Gator football program," Stricklin said in a statement released by the school. "We are confident coach Shannon will provide the proper guidance to the players and rest of staff during this time and we will begin a national search for the next head coach."

Read the bold text twice. It proves my suspicion that UF will not search for a coach before firing the current one was correct.

(10-30-2017, 02:00 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And it ended up being true, didn’t it?

I learned the truth here:

Quote:"We want to thank coach McElwain for his efforts in leading the Gator football program," Stricklin said in a statement released by the school. "We are confident coach Shannon will provide the proper guidance to the players and rest of staff during this time and we will begin a national search for the next head coach."

Read the bold text twice. It proves my suspicion that UF will not search for a coach before firing the current one was correct.

You mean the same guy who said they weren’t in talks to buy out the contract of the guy they bought out less than 24hrs later? You really can’t be that naive.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flori...out-rumors

You go ahead and believe they don’t already have a list of names they’re looking at. And I’ve got some ocean front land to sell you in Arizona.

(10-30-2017, 02:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:00 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I learned the truth here:

You mean the same guy who said they weren’t in talks to buy out the contract of the guy they bought out less than 24hrs later? You really can’t be that naive.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flori...out-rumors

You go ahead and believe they don’t already have a list of names they’re looking at. And I’ve got some ocean front land to sell you in Arizona.'

Someone on one of the Gators forums who apparently comes on there from time to time with news that is usually legit was saying that Dan Mullen is the near 100% lock for HC. The only problem I have with this is what someone brought up in that thread later on which is he's locked in with MSU til 2021 making good money there, so I wouldn't think there would be much truth to that rumor... but then again I'm sure crazier things have happened before. 

I want Chip Kelly, that's it.

(10-29-2017, 09:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: My issue with Twitter is any Gators fan or booster can use the platform to "report" Jim McElwain will be fired. By waiting for a source such as ESPN, I can be sure it wasn't fake news.

It all depends on who makes the tweet. Even ESPN uses twitter. Not every tweet comes from some anonymous Joe Fan that no one knows. You shouldn’t dismiss something just because you don’t understand how it works.

You can have all the issues you want.  Every "rumor" they put here was true....

(10-30-2017, 08:47 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:

You can have all the issues you want.  Every "rumor" they put here was true....

Exactly.

Welp, guess ol' Folksy Jim dun jumped the shark...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You guys are still not getting it. If UF was already looking at names, why did the AD say they will begin the search when he made the announcement?

(10-30-2017, 10:04 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You guys are still not getting it. If UF was already looking at names, why did the AD say they will begin the search when he made the announcement?

Because like you, people lie.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Talk about an ungraceful exit. The rumors that Prosser and Hicken were talking about this morning were that Mcelwain talked to his agent about devising an exit plan to leave Florida. If that was the case, they shouldn't pay him a penny of that buyout clause. If you want to leave the job you don't deserve anything.

You weren't let go, you weren't fired, you quit.

I did tell my wife that if Florida hires Scott Frost we would get divorced.

(10-30-2017, 10:04 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You guys are still not getting it. If UF was already looking at names, why did the AD say they will begin the search when he made the announcement?

Why did he say they weren’t talking about buying him out when they obviously were?

(10-30-2017, 10:33 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Why did he say they weren’t talking about buying him out when they obviously were?

Losing battle.  She's obviously right and EVERYONE else is wrong.  She refuses to want to understand or listen to what other people are telling her.  I try to be patient, but times like these are when I'm truly not sure what is actually going on here.