Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodbye McElwain?

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 10:53 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-30-2017, 10:41 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:33 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why did he say they weren’t talking about buying him out when they obviously were?

Losing battle.  She's obviously right and EVERYONE else is wrong.  She refuses to want to understand or listen to what other people are telling her.  I try to be patient, but times like these are when I'm truly not sure what is actually going on here.

I am just totally confused about people saying UF already has some coaches lined up before the AD said we will begin - note the future tense - searching for the next guy. If the AD - the guy who will hire the next coach - says the search has not started yet, why does anyone even bother to "report" we already have a list of names that obviously does not exist?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

the.... worst...

(10-30-2017, 10:55 AM)Kane Wrote: the.... worst...

Just trying to annoy me, obviously. Anyone who chooses to think logically can understand my clear and detailed explanation.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 11:14 AM by J-Mizzal.)

Hire Chip Kelly, the man was like 46 -7 at Oregon, he also has a proven offense that works in college

We can hire him now and get a head start on recruiting and staff

(10-30-2017, 01:17 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not impressed with Chip Kelly at all, plus I think he wants another shot at the nfl. Stoops isn’t interested in coaching anymore and Mullen is just meh for me.

Not impressed with Chip Kelly based on what? His NFL resume? You know who also sucked in the NFL Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier, but Kelly even won 10 games twice in the NFL

No team in the NFL is gonna hire Chip again, he had his two shots

If your not impressed with 46-7 record and a national championship appearance then nothing will impress you.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-30-2017, 10:58 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:55 AM)Kane Wrote: the.... worst...

Just trying to annoy me, obviously. Anyone who chooses to think logically can understand my clear and detailed explanation.

Anyone with a brain knows you're a troll.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Durkin or Norvell tickle anyone's fancy?

(10-30-2017, 10:52 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:41 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Losing battle.  She's obviously right and EVERYONE else is wrong.  She refuses to want to understand or listen to what other people are telling her.  I try to be patient, but times like these are when I'm truly not sure what is actually going on here.

I am just totally confused about people saying UF already has some coaches lined up before the AD said we will begin - note the future tense - searching for the next guy. If the AD - the guy who will hire the next coach - says the search has not started yet, why does anyone even bother to "report" we already have a list of names that obviously does not exist?

People have told you over and over on this message board that people don't always tell the truth and that has also been proven over and over, like last night.  The rumors all turned out true and you still kept arguing with people.

Just because the athletic director says there has been no communication with agents/coaches doesn't mean he's telling the truth.  Most likely the communication began immediately when they knew Mcelwain was done and from what people were saying that was long before the game ever started on Saturday.  From what PLAYERS told some of the media, he told them in the pregame speech that it was his last game coaching.

(10-30-2017, 11:16 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: People have told you over and over on this message board that people don't always tell the truth and that has also been proven over and over, like last night. The rumors all turned out true and you still kept arguing with people.

Just because the athletic director says there has been no communication with agents/coaches doesn't mean he's telling the truth. Most likely the communication began immediately when they knew McElwain was done and from what people were saying that was long before the game ever started on Saturday. From what PLAYERS told some of the media, he told them in the pregame speech that it was his last game coaching.

As in he decided not to ever coach again?

If I was UF I would do whatever I could to hire Frost.

(10-30-2017, 10:52 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:41 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Losing battle.  She's obviously right and EVERYONE else is wrong.  She refuses to want to understand or listen to what other people are telling her.  I try to be patient, but times like these are when I'm truly not sure what is actually going on here.

It’s not confusing at all. You do understand that people don’t always tell the whole truth, right?

(10-30-2017, 11:21 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:16 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: People have told you over and over on this message board that people don't always tell the truth and that has also been proven over and over, like last night. The rumors all turned out true and you still kept arguing with people.

Just because the athletic director says there has been no communication with agents/coaches doesn't mean he's telling the truth. Most likely the communication began immediately when they knew McElwain was done and from what people were saying that was long before the game ever started on Saturday. From what PLAYERS told some of the media, he told them in the pregame speech that it was his last game coaching.

Did he say it was his last coaching game ever?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-30-2017, 11:48 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Did he say it was his last coaching game ever?

I don't know what he said. Did he say it was his last game with the Gators?

(10-30-2017, 10:52 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Losing battle.  She's obviously right and EVERYONE else is wrong.  She refuses to want to understand or listen to what other people are telling her.  I try to be patient, but times like these are when I'm truly not sure what is actually going on here.

... it's like dating in college.  everyone has a potential list in their head just in case ....

(10-30-2017, 11:28 AM)Scarecrow Wrote: If I was UF I would do whatever I could to hire Frost.

Yes, but the problem is he is a Nebraska alum and there have been rumors all year that he already has a handshake deal to become their HC next year. I'd certainly try to step in if I was UF but I ultimately don't think it would be successful.

(10-30-2017, 12:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:48 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Did he say it was his last coaching game ever?

I don't know what he said. Did he say it was his last game with the Gators?

It’s logical to assume he meant coaching the gators, since that is who he was talking to.

(10-30-2017, 12:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s logical to assume he meant coaching the gators, since that is who he was talking to.

Obviously, but this leads to the question of whether he wants to seek another coaching job.

(10-30-2017, 12:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s logical to assume he meant coaching the gators, since that is who he was talking to.

Obviously, but this leads to the question of whether he wants to seek another coaching job.

I doubt we will get answers to every possible question within 24 hours of his firing.

(10-30-2017, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:28 AM)Scarecrow Wrote: If I was UF I would do whatever I could to hire Frost.

Yes, but the problem is he is a Nebraska alum and there have been rumors all year that he already has a handshake deal to become their HC next year. I'd certainly try to step in if I was UF but I ultimately don't think it would be successful.

I've never once heard this rumor and I've followed this pretty closely.  This rumor was made up by Nebraska fans that have a pipe dream that they are going to get him.

As Tony Dungy tweeted out (Frost's mentor) Nebraska already had their chance once to get Frost, why would he go there now?  He seems happy where he is, UCF is working on a raise for the assistants and Frost.  He's in fertile recruiting groud, UCF is getting recruits like it's never gotten.  I get there are bigger jobs out there, but I'm not so sure Frost leaves, especially for a school like Nebraska when his name is so hot right now.

(10-30-2017, 12:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I doubt we will get answers to every possible question within 24 hours of his firing.

So a mutual agreement means he was fired? I am seeing both the words fired and quit here.

(10-30-2017, 11:21 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. Someone ban this Troll.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I think I agree here. I'm pretty sure Frost is the unanimous most wanted guy out there for any program. 

He looks like the next big coach and I like how he isn't just a product of someone else like everyone always going and plucking from the saban tree.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."