Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodbye McElwain?

This has to be an act.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-30-2017, 01:13 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I doubt we will get answers to every possible question within 24 hours of his firing.

So a mutual agreement means he was fired? I am seeing both the words fired and quit here.

It means they wanted him gone and he agreed to leave.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-30-2017, 01:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 01:13 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So a mutual agreement means he was fired? I am seeing both the words fired and quit here.

It means they wanted him gone and he agreed to leave.

So it is more like firing than quitting. Got it.

(10-30-2017, 01:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 01:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It means they wanted him gone and he agreed to leave.

So it is more like firing than quitting. Got it.

Pretty much.

(10-30-2017, 01:27 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: This has to be an act.

There's so many comments I want to down vote, but with a daily limit of 3 I have to hoard them like gold coins. Then when I miss a day I feel like the opportunity was lost.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 01:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So it is more like firing than quitting. Got it.

Pretty much.

In that case I would expect him to find a coaching job somewhere else.

(10-30-2017, 02:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Pretty much.

In that case I would expect him to find a coaching job somewhere else.

Yes, unless the whole "lying to the press about death threats" thing makes him untouchable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-30-2017, 02:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: In that case I would expect him to find a coaching job somewhere else.

Yes, unless the whole "lying to the press about death threats" thing makes him untouchable.

Which is falsifying a police report, which is a crime. Always interesting how if that was someone like me I'd be in cuffs right now but for a high profile guy like him, nothing.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-30-2017, 02:07 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, unless the whole "lying to the press about death threats" thing makes him untouchable.

Which is falsifying a police report, which is a crime. Always interesting how if that was someone like me I'd be in cuffs right now but for a high profile guy like him, nothing.

Did he make a police report or just say it at the presser?

(10-30-2017, 02:07 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, unless the whole "lying to the press about death threats" thing makes him untouchable.

I don't think it qualifies as falsifying a police report... as no report was made to the police that I know of.

Anyone who has ever been on the internet knows that it isn't that farfetched that death threats happened.

Just no point to bring it up or to expound on it once bringing it up.

(10-30-2017, 02:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:07 PM)Achilles Wrote: Which is falsifying a police report, which is a crime. Always interesting how if that was someone like me I'd be in cuffs right now but for a high profile guy like him, nothing.

Did he make a police report or just say it at the presser?

Well they said they were investigating, so I assumed based on that there must be a report, but to be fair, idk.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 04:55 PM by maheo30. Edit Reason: typing error )

(10-30-2017, 02:25 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Did he make a police report or just say it at the presser?

Well they said they were investigating, so I assumed based on that there must be a report, but to be fair, idk.

He just said it in a press conference. When Stricklin and Fuchs asked for evidence, he basically said drop it, leave me alone. No police report was filed. The one guy making the accusation was not cooperating. They investigated as best they could then released that damning press release throwing Mac under the bus.

(10-30-2017, 04:54 PM)maheo30 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 02:25 PM)Achilles Wrote: Well they said they were investigating, so I assumed based on that there must be a report, but to be fair, idk.

He just said it in a press conference. When Stricklin and Fuchs asked for evidence, he basically said drop it, leave me alone. No police report was filed. The one guy making the accusation was not cooperating. They investigated as best they could then released that damning press release throwing Mac under the bus.

I see. Well he deserved it. Sometimes it's pretty easy to say what the right way and the wrong way are and Mac def took the wrong way.

Also keep forgetting about Mike Leach. My top 3 guys are probably Frost, Leach, and Lane kiffin.

Put me down for Chip Kelly or Frost.

I'm tired of UF trying to do the pro system offense. The Gators are more fun when they are flinging it all over the field. Let the rest of the SEC try and be Alabama-lite.

Vegas currently has Scott Frost as the favorite to be the next Gators coach.

Hire Tim Tebow