Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Papa John's considers ending NFL sponsorship

(11-06-2017, 01:32 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 09:22 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: That's my pizza of choice. You can't beat $7.99 for a large 3-topping. Mrs. Malabar prefers Pizza Hut, but agrees that the difference between the two isn't worth the higher price. Domino's is more convenient too. 

Papa Johns isn't terrible, but more expensive and the crust takes up too much of the pie.

It's all about the stuffed crust.

Or, in the case of Hungry Howie's, the wonderful, cheap flavored crust that Pizza Hut stole.

Yeah... and they still don't do it right...
no cajun? Pssshhh...

Papa John's pizza has always been terrible in my opinion.
Pizza Hut has gone down the toilet...

Whereas Dominos definitely has improved over the years.
Howies... will always be my favorite... cheaper... just as tasty as any non homemade pizza can be... the crusts....

The only thing worse than Papa's terrible ingredients and terrible pizza are the terrible commercials (And Little Caesers)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: Bh487cbn_normal.jpg] Papa John's Pizza @PapaJohns
The statements made on our earnings call were describing the factors that impact our business and we sincerely apologize to anyone that thought they were divisive. That definitely was not our intention. (1/3)
7:10 PM - Nov 14, 2017
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/15...marks.html
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [Image: Bh487cbn_normal.jpg] Papa John's Pizza @PapaJohns
The statements made on our earnings call were describing the factors that impact our business and we sincerely apologize to anyone that thought they were divisive. That definitely was not our intention. (1/3)
7:10 PM - Nov 14, 2017
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/15...marks.html

Ah, the classic non-apology apology.

Nobody likes 5 star? Place is the best, got awesome garlic rolls too.

Aaaaand Papa John just got canned for declining sales caused by his comments about the NFL. I'll just leave this here...

http://myfox8.com/2017/12/21/john-schnat...-comments/

(12-21-2017, 07:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: Aaaaand Papa John just got canned for declining sales caused by his comments about the NFL. I'll just leave this here...

One of his pizzas inappropriately groped me.

(12-21-2017, 07:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: Aaaaand Papa John just got canned for declining sales caused by his comments about the NFL. I'll just leave this here...

The stock definitely dropped after he made the comment, but it's down 33% over the year. The stock drop is what he was talking about in his comment.

Besides, they didn't say the sales were declining because of his comment. They're just looking for a scapegoat.

(12-21-2017, 08:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

One of his pizzas inappropriately groped me.

Got a hold of your pepperoni, did it?

It was an ugly tree anyway.

When will people learn that politics and business don’t mix?

(12-22-2017, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When will people learn that politics and business don’t mix?

Isn't it amazing?   I see it all the time around town- trucks with a company logo on the side and a political bumper sticker on the back.   It's just stupid.

(12-22-2017, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When will people learn that politics and business don’t mix?

Isn't it amazing?   I see it all the time around town- trucks with a company logo on the side and a political bumper sticker on the back.   It's just stupid.

I thought it was assumed that 99% of companies (especially small) are republican anyway, so there is really no need to advertise with a sticker.

Politics and business are one and the same these days. Just ask Ajit Pai. He's bragged on video about being "groomed" by Verizon to take over the FCC and do what they want him to.

(12-22-2017, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I don't even put that stuff on my POV. I have a Libertarian bumper sticker I have thought about putting on my truck, but never do. I don't feel the need to advertise my political or religious affiliations. I never had a sticker of any kind on it until a couple of years ago I finally got a Jaguars one, and only because the make/model/year/color of my truck here is very popular and there has been more than a few times I've tried to get into the wrong one because there were several of us parked relatively close to each other. Now I just look at the rear window and I know whether it's my truck or not.

(12-22-2017, 12:22 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Politics and business are one and the same these days. Just ask Ajit Pai. He's bragged on video about being "groomed" by Verizon to take over the FCC and do what they want him to.

Net Neutrality whines go in the designated thread.

(12-21-2017, 08:57 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 08:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote: One of his pizzas inappropriately groped me.

Got a hold of your pepperoni, did it?

I heard it was a miniature sausage.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I guess they don't really have much of a variety to choose from but DAMN!!!....Pizza Hut??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...za-sponsor

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 07:19 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

As long as Papa John's keeps serving decent deluxe pizzas at a cheap price and they send me coupons, I'll keep buying. When I'm eating with company though, I have to break open the wallet and order LaRosa's. I can't stand Pizza Hut. It's too salty and the last time I ordered Domino's, the pizza was wet. It was like they dumped an entire tub of melted butter on it. I threw it out. It was disgusting.

(02-28-2018, 05:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was disgusting.

That's OK, we still like you. Just at an arm's length.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 04:21 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-04-2017, 12:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Quit delivering burnt [BLEEP] pizzas and maybe you wont take a hit. We quit ordering after like the third crappy pizza in a row.

I try to avoid that processed poison no matter what the company is. When we want authentic pizza, we go to the source of Pizza Hut.

Ironically due to being sued so many times over his logo, better ingredients, better pizza Papa johns is in fact, better than other big pizza chains as far as health. http://www.brandeating.com/2016/01/papa-...-menu.html No artificial flavors or colors. Not the hugest improvement, but Pizza Hut and Dominos can't make that claim. If your talking about little caesars, I don't think we even need to go there.

(11-04-2017, 04:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jerry Jones is one of the biggest stakeholders in Papa John's so no surprise here. Pretty clearly just Jerry at work. Him and Goodell are currently at war with each other.  The Zeke case is being used as a tennis ball.

I can believe that Papa John's is only saying this to shift blame, and I can believe that they genuinely feel this way. I can't believe that someone told them what to say so they said it.

Agreed, Jerry Jones wants to sell pizza as much as any other papajohns shareholder, and I assume he likes the Cowboys being worth a lot. Wouldn't really be in his best interest to push papa John to attack the league. I imagine its fairly expensive to be the NFL's official pizza. That probably played a bigger role than anything else.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.