Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UFC 217..

Anyone watching tonight? 

Love this main card. I gotz Joanna, Cody, GSP and Masvidal. All of them should be crackers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 12:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

You got 1 right. Best card ppv in a while

(11-05-2017, 12:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You got 1 right.  Best card ppv in a while

Top to bottom one of the best cards I've seen. 

Rose beating Joanna one of the biggest upsets ever. 

Love him or hate him Bisping deserves a ton of respect also.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 03:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-05-2017, 01:06 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 12:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You got 1 right.  Best card ppv in a while

I thought GSP was gonna win. I've always hated Bisping. It was a good fight though. I was truly shocked about Rose beating Joanna. Especially via knockout. I didn't give Namajunes a shot in hell. She is becoming one of the most improved fighters on the UFC roster. I just wish she would get an actual woman's haircut though. She looks like a 13 year old boy. Whatever works for her though. I wonder why she decided to buzz it all off though? Overall it was a great card.

(11-05-2017, 01:06 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Why does Bisping deserve respect?  Look at his career, who has he beat?  He beat Anderson Silva when Anderson Silva was no longer himself.  He's beaten all mid card level guys and he's been propped up by the UFC because he's the only Brit that has had solid success and even that can be argued.

Bisping is a blow hard that before back dooring himself into the championship was nothing more than a gate keeper.

(11-06-2017, 09:40 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Top to bottom one of the best cards I've seen. 

Why does Bisping deserve respect?  Look at his career, who has he beat?  He beat Anderson Silva when Anderson Silva was no longer himself.  He's beaten all mid card level guys and he's been propped up by the UFC because he's the only Brit that has had solid success and even that can be argued.

Bisping is a blow hard that before back dooring himself into the championship was nothing more than a gate keeper.

I would argue that he didn't even beat Silva. I didn't think he won his first title defense against Hendo. It's not a coincidence that both of those fights were in London. Imo, Bisping should have never been champ (because he shouldn't have beaten Silva to get the shot). That said, I hate that GSP got to jump every other fighter that had paid their dues. GSP is an intelligent guy, and Bisping was the perfect guy to go after to maintain his belt. At least the fight between the two was a good fight, so I have no complaints there.

(11-06-2017, 12:36 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 09:40 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Why does Bisping deserve respect?  Look at his career, who has he beat?  He beat Anderson Silva when Anderson Silva was no longer himself.  He's beaten all mid card level guys and he's been propped up by the UFC because he's the only Brit that has had solid success and even that can be argued.

I would argue that he didn't even beat Silva. I didn't think he won his first title defense against Hendo. It's not a coincidence that both of those fights were in London. Imo, Bisping should have never been champ (because he shouldn't have beaten Silva to get the shot). That said, I hate that GSP got to jump every other fighter that had paid their dues. GSP is an intelligent guy, and Bisping was the perfect guy to go after to maintain his belt. At least the fight between the two was a good fight, so I have no complaints there.

While I agree with everything you said about Bisping, I disagree with you about GSP jumping every other fighter to get a title shot. He is one of the greatest fighters of all time and when he walked away, he was still champion. He never lost the belt in the ring, so why would he have to wait for a title shot when he comes back? He deserved a shot before anyone else, because he was never technically beaten to lose the belt in the first place. He just walked away from the sport. It's like Conor McGregor, (even though I hate the guy.) He has basically walked away from the lightweight championship. Tony Ferguson is now the interim champ. If McGregor ever decides to come back, he deserves to get a title shot right away, because he technically never lost the belt. I doubt he will come back, but if he does, he goes to the top of the list.

(11-06-2017, 09:40 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Top to bottom one of the best cards I've seen. 

He deserves respect because he gives it his all in the cage every fight and takes a hell of a beating. I don't particularly like him but I respect him as a fighter.   

His storyline of KOing Rockhold and becoming champ despite being average has been one of my favourite in the UFC.

(11-06-2017, 12:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 12:36 PM)Last42min Wrote: I would argue that he didn't even beat Silva. I didn't think he won his first title defense against Hendo. It's not a coincidence that both of those fights were in London. Imo, Bisping should have never been champ (because he shouldn't have beaten Silva to get the shot). That said, I hate that GSP got to jump every other fighter that had paid their dues. GSP is an intelligent guy, and Bisping was the perfect guy to go after to maintain his belt. At least the fight between the two was a good fight, so I have no complaints there.

While I agree with everything you said about Bisping, I disagree with you about GSP jumping every other fighter to get a title shot. He is one of the greatest fighters of all time and when he walked away, he was still champion. He never lost the belt in the ring, so why would he have to wait for a title shot when he comes back? He deserved a shot before anyone else, because he was never technically beaten to lose the belt in the first place. He just walked away from the sport. It's like Conor McGregor, (even though I hate the guy.) He has basically walked away from the lightweight championship. Tony Ferguson is now the interim champ. If McGregor ever decides to come back, he deserves to get a title shot right away, because he technically never lost the belt. I doubt he will come back, but if he does, he goes to the top of the list.

If this was 170 (his championship weight), I would totally agree with you. That said, he's never even fought at 185, so I just don't think it's right for him to jump those fighters. At the very least, he should have had to fight a contender or top 5 guy at 185. That's my opinion. MacGregor got to jump up a weight class, but he was at least active at the time. GSP fought a good fight, so I am not hating on the outcome. I just had an issue with that one thing.

(11-08-2017, 01:15 AM)Last42min Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 12:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While I agree with everything you said about Bisping, I disagree with you about GSP jumping every other fighter to get a title shot. He is one of the greatest fighters of all time and when he walked away, he was still champion. He never lost the belt in the ring, so why would he have to wait for a title shot when he comes back? He deserved a shot before anyone else, because he was never technically beaten to lose the belt in the first place. He just walked away from the sport. It's like Conor McGregor, (even though I hate the guy.) He has basically walked away from the lightweight championship. Tony Ferguson is now the interim champ. If McGregor ever decides to come back, he deserves to get a title shot right away, because he technically never lost the belt. I doubt he will come back, but if he does, he goes to the top of the list.

If this was 170 (his championship weight), I would totally agree with you. That said, he's never even fought at 185, so I just don't think it's right for him to jump those fighters. At the very least, he should have had to fight a contender or top 5 guy at 185. That's my opinion. MacGregor got to jump up a weight class, but he was at least active at the time. GSP fought a good fight, so I am not hating on the outcome. I just had an issue with that one thing.

That's not what the UFC is about anymore.  The UFC is about making the best fights possible and generating the most buzz.  I'm somewhat glad they've changed their model.  Too often they were losing their best fights because they were making guys prove it.  So having GSP fight a top 5 guy and losing or having Bisping fight again and losing would have never allowed that fight to happen.  Regardless, it was a great fight to watch.

GSP may not be the 185 pound champion for long, but he will drop back to 170 and have some great fights.