Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At least 27 dead in Texas shooting

(11-06-2017, 09:57 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Maybe you need to lay off 1984...

Kind of hard to do when it's coming true all around you Mr. Surrender is Freedom.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe you need to read it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-06-2017, 08:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 06:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Drifter, Drifter, Drifter...will you never learn?

Not only was that not a quote by Hitler, nor in Mein Kampf, but it was falsely attributed to Hitler in a book titled Willfully Ignorant. Oh, the rich irony.

The facts are that Hitler did the exact opposite. He did not gradually chip away at human rights, he consolidated power and removed them relatively quickly.

This seems to be the way Trumpettes operate. Throw crap against the wall, hoping nobody will check the facts.

In your effort to bash, you completely missed the point. No, the quote is not verbatim but the OPs point stands.

Not a Snopes link

I bashed a lie, of course it's not verbatim because it's not a quote, and it did not support his claim. In fact, it is in complete disagreement of the OP's claim that freedom is chipped away bit by bit, piece by piece. The Nazis moved very quickly once in power.

Tell me this - how many attacks from Islamists who are here legally will happen before The Drifter and his ilk start calling for gun control measures for Muslim citizens? Are you going to tell me with a straight face it's an impossible notion?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-06-2017, 10:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Maybe you need to read it.

You sure big brother isn't the nra funded politicians?

(11-06-2017, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Maybe you prevent some gun crimes by having a long waiting period. Maybe not, since one can purchase a gun illegally on the street, steal one from a relative, or pay someone else to buy it for you. The 2nd Amendment prohibits infringement. Does making someone wait 20 years count as infringement? One year? One month?

Meanwhile, there could be hundreds of women who are assaulted and/or killed because they couldn't purchase a gun quickly enough to defend themselves from an angry ex.
Wouldn't that be a reason to do it? Even if it helps stop just one gun crime?

And if more are killed because they can’t defend themselves from someone that wants to kill them? Do their lives not count?

(11-06-2017, 10:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 08:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: In your effort to bash, you completely missed the point. No, the quote is not verbatim but the OPs point stands.

Not a Snopes link

I bashed a lie, of course it's not verbatim because it's not a quote, and  it did not support his claim. In fact, it is in complete disagreement of the OP's claim that freedom is chipped away bit by bit, piece by piece. The Nazis moved very quickly once in power.

Tell me this - how many attacks from Islamists who are here legally will happen before The Drifter and his ilk start calling for gun control measures for Muslim citizens? Are you going to tell me with a straight face it's an impossible notion?

I'm not really his ilk, as you call him,  but I won't. I've said some things tongue in cheek about cars and such to make a point, but I believe citizens of all faiths are entitled to the same rights as us all. But if an individual abuses those rights there should be the same consequences as well. Immigration of non-citizens is a different matter, but the Constitution is our guide for our people.

(11-07-2017, 12:58 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Maybe you need to read it.

You sure big brother isn't the nra funded politicians?

Lol, there you go again. There are no sides; it's all politicians, they are just part of the machine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-06-2017, 01:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Maybe you prevent some gun crimes by having a long waiting period. Maybe not, since one can purchase a gun illegally on the street, steal one from a relative, or pay someone else to buy it for you. The 2nd Amendment prohibits infringement. Does making someone wait 20 years count as infringement? One year? One month?

Meanwhile, there could be hundreds of women who are assaulted and/or killed because they couldn't purchase a gun quickly enough to defend themselves from an angry ex.
Wouldn't that be a reason to do it? Even if it helps stop just one gun crime?

I suppose the gov't could round up all the guns everywhere and that would prevent at least one crime.
But it would make victims out of everyone else.

I'm not exactly against stricter gun laws... I just don't see how any sane person could see it as a solution to the problem of domestic terrorism.
Especially when people terrorize people with guns, knives, explosives, trucks and cars... social media... whatever...

Many of these comments are interesting, but all are pointless. Because Americans don't care.

Sure, we pretend to care. We all have our "thoughts and prayers" on auto-reply. Like that does any good.

We have long ago surrendered. We just hope it doesn't touch us or someone we know. And if it does - tough [bleep]. Better luck next time. The cost of freedom. Whatever.

It's better to be able to kill deer than to not be able to kill people. Children even.

So - man up! No one said living in America was going to be easy.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

There aren't many ways to eliminate this type of evil outside of identifying the brain activity of these monsters and scientifically sterilizing these people at birth.

(11-07-2017, 02:56 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Many of these comments are interesting, but all are pointless. Because Americans don't care.

Sure, we pretend to care. We all have our "thoughts and prayers" on auto-reply. Like that does any good.

We have long ago surrendered. We just hope it doesn't touch us or someone we know. And if it does - tough [bleep]. Better luck next time. The cost of freedom. Whatever.

It's better to be able to kill deer than to not be able to kill people. Children even.

See you are part of the problem. You aren't offering enough thoughts and prayers and blaming those poor innoccent guns.

What is needed is more brave nra funded politicians who are quick to twitter to remind us idiots to offer our thoughts and prayers so it doesn't happen again.

(11-07-2017, 02:56 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Many of these comments are interesting, but all are pointless. Because Americans don't care.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the argument from the left. If you don't pass strict gun control, you don't care about the dead.

Let's ignore that the federal government failed to do their job, so he was allowed to buy a gun. Let's ignore that a good guy with a rifle stopped him. Let's ignore that the hero that stopped the shooting was a NRA shooting instructor, kept his ammo separated from the gun (and magazines for some reason), and kept his rifle in a safe. 

I guess when you have nothing else to add, just villainize those that don't agree with you. 

(11-07-2017, 05:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

See you are part of the problem. You aren't offering enough thoughts and prayers and blaming those poor innoccent guns.

What is needed is more brave nra funded politicians who are quick to twitter to remind us idiots to offer our thoughts and prayers so it doesn't happen again.

The NRA has given less than $1 million to politicians. The NRA is powerful because of their members, not the lie that they pay off politicians.

(11-06-2017, 10:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Kind of hard to do when it's coming true all around you Mr. Surrender is Freedom.

Idiots running around with guns and shooting people up is freedom? Id say not having to worry about that is real freedom

(11-07-2017, 09:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Kind of hard to do when it's coming true all around you Mr. Surrender is Freedom.

Idiots running around with guns and shooting people up is freedom? Id say not having to worry about that is real freedom

You have two ways of dealing with conflict, reason and force. When reason fails, what will you use?

Thoughts and prayers? Seems successful

(11-07-2017, 10:44 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Thoughts and prayers? Seems successful

Mocking religious views now? 

Praying for many people is a legitimate course-of-action. It doesn't mean that's all people do to resolve the situation, but it's something they feel is a necessity.

(11-07-2017, 10:44 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Thoughts and prayers? Seems successful

Best of luck, I'll trust Sam Colt.

(11-07-2017, 10:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Praying for many people is a legitimate course-of-action. It doesn't mean that's all people do to resolve the situation, but it's something they feel is a necessity.

Brah, they're the Left. You shouldn't be surprised.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 10:58 PM by lastonealive.)

Not at all. When it's used as a meaningless platitude by someone who can enact legislation however...

It was a reference to how politicians funded by the NRA constantly tweet out their "thoughts and prayers" when a mass shooting occurs, but are never willing to discuss addressing the problem.

(11-07-2017, 03:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There aren't many ways to eliminate this type of evil outside of identifying the brain activity of these monsters and scientifically sterilizing these people at birth.

Or being able to identify them in the womb and aborting them. Uh oh, is that against the rules of the far right?  Rolleyes

(11-06-2017, 09:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 08:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Gun control, like most government solutions, solved a non-existent problem by taking away people's rights. Murders in Aussieland were almost nonexistent before your draconian law, they are still almost nonexistent today. Every scholarly paper on your society agrees that your buy back and confiscation had no provable impact on your already low crime rate. You gave up your rights for nothing.
Gun control actually gives you more freedom. Hey i dont need to carry a gun around in fear like you guys do. People potentially shooting you doesn't even cross your mind. You would like it may ease your paranoia

I live here in the U.S. and I have no paranoia. Stuff like this happens. It's just part of today's society, but it doesn't stop me from doing what I want/need to do. I am a gun owner, but I don't have a conceal and carry. I feel safe enough that I don't need to carry around a firearm. Maybe I'm wrong for feeling this way, but if I'm wrong, oh well. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go.