Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At least 27 dead in Texas shooting

Please provide evidence for NRA FUNDED.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2017, 11:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Mocking religious views now? 

It was a reference to how politicians funded by the NRA constantly tweet out their "thoughts and prayers" when a mass shooting occurs, but are never willing to discuss addressing the problem.

Whatever, we have more than enough gun control laws on the books. If they aren't enforced, as with this loon, then they are pointless. It's amazing how every time a bad guy commits a gun crime the Left responds by wanting to punish the people who didn't do it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2017, 11:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 11:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: It was a reference to how politicians funded by the NRA constantly tweet out their "thoughts and prayers" when a mass shooting occurs, but are never willing to discuss addressing the problem.

Whatever, we have more than enough gun control laws on the books. If they aren't enforced, as with this loon, then they are pointless. It's amazing how every time a bad guy commits a gun crime the Left responds by wanting to punish the people who didn't do it.

I am a gun owner and I certainly don't consider longer waiting periods and heavier vetting as punishment. I consider it precautions.

(11-08-2017, 01:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 11:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Whatever, we have more than enough gun control laws on the books. If they aren't enforced, as with this loon, then they are pointless. It's amazing how every time a bad guy commits a gun crime the Left responds by wanting to punish the people who didn't do it.

I am a gun owner and I certainly don't consider longer waiting periods and heavier vetting as punishment. I consider it precautions.

The law could not work because the government screwed up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2017, 04:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 01:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am a gun owner and I certainly don't consider longer waiting periods and heavier vetting as punishment. I consider it precautions.

The law could not work because the government screwed up.

And these are the mistakes that need to be examined and corrected immediately.

(11-08-2017, 01:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 03:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There aren't many ways to eliminate this type of evil outside of identifying the brain activity of these monsters and scientifically sterilizing these people at birth.

Or being able to identify them in the womb and aborting them. Uh oh, is that against the rules of the far right?  Rolleyes

Label it how you want, but gun control and thoughts and prayers won't prevent these things. 

The only way to get rid of these "lone wolves" is going all the way to the root.

The Left want you to fill out paperwork with your enitire lifes history and a background check in order to exercise your 2nd amendment right, yet requiring ID to vote is voter supression
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-08-2017, 05:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 04:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The law could not work because the government screwed up.

And these are the mistakes that need to be examined and corrected immediately.

That doesn't require new or more laws.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 05:38 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

What purpose is a long waiting period serve? Are they doing a more thorough background check? If so, what are they doing differently? If not, and it’s only to make people wait, then why would that stop a deranged lunatic from killing a couple dozen people? This guy bought his years before he used them against people.

You can’t just say it’ll work without explaining how.

Like most serious crimes, these guys have been arrested before and get light sentences. He deserves a life sentence for fracturing the skull to an infant. Had he been serving that, he never would’ve been capable of shooting anyone. The courts are too lenient on crimes against persons.

(11-08-2017, 05:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: The Left want you to fill out paperwork with your enitire lifes history and a background check in order to exercise your 2nd amendment right, yet requiring ID to vote is voter supression

Not to drift off into a different thread, but there's a very easy way to police voter fraud: provisional ballots. You collect name, DOB and SSN of anyone who wants to vote without ID. Advise them that unless the election is close enough that their vote could change it, their vote will not be counted. If you do have to dip into the provisionals, run a simple scrub against public records to make sure the identities are legit and get rid of any duplicates, then count. If there are duplicates, those individuals have all votes removed and they are instructed that they have 90 days to provide proof of identity theft or they may be subject to investigation, charges and criminal penalties.

Seems like a much different, much easier problem than taking someone at their word when they promise that they aren't going to shoot up a school.

The reality is gun violence and mass killings are a part of American culture and it isn't going to change. Especially not in our lifetime.

(11-08-2017, 06:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: The reality is gun violence and mass killings are a part of American culture and it isn't going to change. Especially not in our lifetime.

That's what they said in Australia. Then they stopped the shootings.

(11-08-2017, 06:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: The reality is gun violence and mass killings are a part of American culture and it isn't going to change. Especially not in our lifetime.

That's what they said in Australia. Then they stopped the shootings.

Australia can't be accurately compared to America where guns are treated like a religion. Extremely hard to even get people to consider "less" guns or "more" gun control as this thread shows.  The guns and mass killings are here to stay.

(11-08-2017, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: That's what they said in Australia. Then they stopped the shootings.

Australia can't be accurately compared to America where guns are treated like a religion. Extremely hard to even get people to consider "less" guns or "more" gun control as this thread shows.  The guns and mass killings are here to stay.

Yes very sad attitude. More of a selfish culture i guess

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 10:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-08-2017, 05:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: The Left want you to fill out paperwork with your enitire lifes history and a background check in order to exercise your 2nd amendment right, yet requiring ID to vote is voter supression

I'm in favor of both. The background checks to get a firearm is fine by me and you should be forced to show a valid picture ID before voting. Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why not both?

I shouldn't need a background check to exercise my rights.

Were you born with a gun?

(11-09-2017, 12:03 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Were you born with a gun?

Were you born a member of the press? Or religious? Or even speaking coherently?

Speaking coherently is a natural development you are born with. I guess being a member of the press is an extension of that

Nobody is born religious... Not sure im allowed to elaborate on that

(11-08-2017, 11:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I shouldn't need a background check to exercise my rights.

Speaking for the rest of humanity, we want you to be checked out. Smile