Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rand Paul assaulted by Democrat

(11-06-2017, 05:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 10:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You should get off the couch more, social media makes it very easy to know what they think:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/14/...-shooting/

You think social media subscribers often leave the couch?

It's a shame when it's obvious someone is so convinced by their personal, "trusted" information sources that the Mueller and Senate investigations are bogus witch hunts, they miss some very interesting details.

If you listen they can't wait to tell you what they think.

Edit: Here, I know it won't matter, but this article details quite well just how in the tank for the Democrats the media is. The anguish and heartache among the faithful is prevalent and quite amusing to those of us who are sick of the one-sided nature of the game they play with our society.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a13...he-scenes/

Jorge speaks for them all: I've been to wars, I've covered the most difficult situations in Latin America. But I needed to digest and to understand what had happened. I came home very late. I turned on the news. I had comfort food—cookies and chocolate milk—the same thing I used to have as a kid in Mexico City. After that, I realized that I had been preparing all my life for this moment. Once I digested what had happened with Trump and had a plan, which was to resist and report and not be neutral, then I was able to go to bed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2017, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 05:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You think social media subscribers often leave the couch?

It's a shame when it's obvious someone is so convinced by their personal, "trusted" information sources that the Mueller and Senate investigations are bogus witch hunts, they miss some very interesting details.

If you listen they can't wait to tell you what they think.

Edit: Here, I know it won't matter, but this article details quite well just how in the tank for the Democrats the media is. The anguish and heartache among the faithful is prevalent and quite amusing to those of us who are sick of the one-sided nature of the game they play with our society.

Jorge speaks for them all: I've been to wars, I've covered the most difficult situations in Latin America. But I needed to digest and to understand what had happened. I came home very late. I turned on the news. I had comfort food—cookies and chocolate milk—the same thing I used to have as a kid in Mexico City. After that, I realized that I had been preparing all my life for this moment. Once I digested what had happened with Trump and had a plan, which was to resist and report and not be neutral, then I was able to go to bed.

There's the fallacy in your post. You see one quote, project it globally and pat yourself on the back for reinforcing the biased opinion you had before even read it.

Pay attention to where you get your links. What sent you to that article, I doubt you subscribe to Esquire. You're no more clever than the next guy, you've bought into Trump as a swamp drainer.

(11-06-2017, 10:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you listen they can't wait to tell you what they think.

There's the fallacy in your post. You see one quote, project it globally and pat yourself on the back for reinforcing the biased opinion you had before even read it.

Pay attention to where you get your links. What sent you to that article, I doubt you subscribe to Esquire. You're no more clever than the next guy, you've bought into Trump as a swamp drainer.

So you read the article then? One quote? LOL. You know just who all those people are, what they represent? No, your deflection grows tiresome. No amount of proof is sufficient for you to simply admit what we all know, that the media is the house organ of the DNC. I'm not a Trump supporter, but he and I share a few enemies. In this case I enjoy the tears of my enemies over his behavior.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Get well Rand your our only hope
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-10-2017, 10:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Get well Rand your our only hope

If Rand is your only hope then you have no hope.

Rand is too "pure" and self-righteous to be an effective politician. He should be teaching political theory somewhere.

But many people keep buying what he's selling.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-11-2017, 01:34 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Rand is too "pure" and self-righteous to be an effective politician. He should be teaching political theory somewhere.

That sums up Bernie Sanders pretty well, too.

You call it self-righteous I call it conviction. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

(11-14-2017, 07:00 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 01:34 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: If Rand is your only hope then you have no hope.

You call it self-righteous I call it conviction. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

There is no right and wrong, that's nothing more than a social construct open to the interpretations of the current ruling class. Adam just believes he'll always be among the Deciders. We should be grateful that the guy only tackled Paul instead of shooting him as the left has demonstrated is their usual and preferred method of dealing with opposing politicians.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 04:51 PM by Adam2012.)

(11-11-2017, 03:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 01:34 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: If Rand is your only hope then you have no hope.

That sums up Bernie Sanders pretty well, too.

Bernie should be giving cruise ship tours of the Soviet Union for seniors.

(11-14-2017, 07:00 AM)EricC85 Wrote:

You just perfectly defined self-righteousness. No wonder you love the guy.

So you look to a politician to tell you what's right and what's wrong? Really?

This is politics and public policy we're talking about. If you think there is a pure right and wrong you'll be a terrible politician - which is something Rand Paul seems to be on his way to becoming.

(11-14-2017, 07:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 07:00 AM)EricC85 Wrote: You call it self-righteous I call it conviction. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

There is no right and wrong, that's nothing more than a social construct open to the interpretations of the current ruling class. Adam just believes he'll always be among the Deciders. We should be grateful that the guy only tackled Paul instead of shooting him as the left has demonstrated is their usual and preferred method of dealing with opposing politicians.

I know you like to kneel before oligarchs and charlatans and let them be your moral compass but you really ought to try thinking for yourself.

Or pick better mentors.

(11-06-2017, 01:30 AM)TJBender Wrote: Ok everyone, read up on the guy who attacked him. He's a 59-year-old man who "invented" a vest filled with rice and secured with velcro to ease back pain.

No, really, you read that right.

I would imagine that he and a real doctor (like, you know, Senator Paul) would have gotten into it over the years.

(outlaw Therm-a-vests)

The guy who attacked him is an Anesthesiologist with a Fellowship in pain medicine. He is, in fact, a real doctor. Doesn't make any difference tho, just wanted to clarify.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Because some of us believe, like Rand, that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and the powers of government are limited to what's spelled out in it. I don't see what's so hopeless about that.

(11-14-2017, 04:54 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 07:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There is no right and wrong, that's nothing more than a social construct open to the interpretations of the current ruling class. Adam just believes he'll always be among the Deciders. We should be grateful that the guy only tackled Paul instead of shooting him as the left has demonstrated is their usual and preferred method of dealing with opposing politicians.

I know you like to kneel before oligarchs and charlatans and let them be your moral compass but you really ought to try thinking for yourself.

Or pick better mentors.

Lol, "you don't think for yourself!" says Captain Conformist.  Laughing

(11-15-2017, 12:38 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Because some of us believe, like Rand, that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and the powers of government are limited to what's spelled out in it. I don't see what's so hopeless about that.

It's not like I hate Paul or anything. It just seems that he'd rather be a hero to people who quote what you just wrote (you know, self-righteous stuff like "I'm the only one who really cares about the Constitution" ... lol ) than be an effective legislator.

What's the line? - don't let the perfect get in the way of the possible - or something. He just seems at times to be too cute by half.

At least he's not a nut like his old man.

(11-15-2017, 11:52 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 12:38 AM)TJBender Wrote: Because some of us believe, like Rand, that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and the powers of government are limited to what's spelled out in it. I don't see what's so hopeless about that.

It's not like I hate Paul or anything. It just seems that he'd rather be a hero to people who quote what you just wrote (you know, self-righteous stuff like "I'm the only one who really cares about the Constitution" ... lol ) than be an effective legislator.

What's the line? - don't let the perfect get in the way of the possible - or something. He just seems at times to be too cute by half.

Ron Paul would have been the best thing that could have ever happened to this country.
Which is exactly why the GOP did him dirty, just like the DNC did Bernie.

a nut? why was Ron Paul so crazy? because he wanted people to take responsibility for their actions? He wanted to completely eliminate the welfare and warfare state the US has become?
Pshh.. yeah so crazy.
A true Libertarian... man... I wish he wasn't so old.

I like Rand... but everytime I start to side with him he goes on some anti-marijuana rant or some Christian conservative spiel I just can't get behind when it comes to social politics.

(11-15-2017, 05:08 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:52 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: It's not like I hate Paul or anything. It just seems that he'd rather be a hero to people who quote what you just wrote (you know, self-righteous stuff like "I'm the only one who really cares about the Constitution" ... lol ) than be an effective legislator.

Ron Paul would have been the best thing that could have ever happened to this country.
Which is exactly why the GOP did him dirty, just like the DNC did Bernie.

a nut? why was Ron Paul so crazy? because he wanted people to take responsibility for their actions? He wanted to completely eliminate the welfare and warfare state the US has become?
Pshh.. yeah so crazy.
A true Libertarian... man... I wish he wasn't so old.

I like Rand... but everytime I start to side with him he goes on some anti-marijuana rant or some Christian conservative spiel I just can't get behind when it comes to social politics.

Rand wants to be a career politician, Ron just did it as a retirement gig. The difference shows in their approach. Rand has to stay just mainstream enough to keep in the repubs good graces, Ron was never worried about that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Ron could have been a revolutionary he is bold enough to speak unfiltered truth. Rand is the closest thing we have right now but he's not nearly the radical his Farther is and what we need right now is radical change.

Ron Paul is a loon.

(11-15-2017, 11:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ron Paul is a loon.

Why?

(11-15-2017, 10:18 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Ron could have been a revolutionary he is bold enough to speak unfiltered truth. Rand is the closest thing we have right now but he's not nearly the radical his Farther is and what we need right now is radical change.

I hope when I'm 95 and babbling incoherently people are kind enough to call it unfiltered truth.

Radical change is usually wildly overrated. You could get the Bolsheviks running things.