Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Draft

(11-06-2017, 11:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's early but I think we already have some pretty set needs for next year. 

QB: Obvious one. Think everyone agrees we need fresh blood at the position. I love the top few QBs this year and think we need to pick up one of them. Others feel we should stick with Blake for now. I'm sure it will be heavily debated over the offseason. 

RB: LF7 is balling but Ivory isn't worth the money and Yeldon is meh. I'd like to see us get a receiving back who can still run the rock if needed. Preferably a speedy guy.  

TE: Lewis is playing well but a true receiving tight end could be huge for this offense. Someone who can take it across the middle and flex out wide. 

OL: Oline has been very good but it's playing better than the some of its parts imo. Cann and Omameh can be upgraded. Parnell too. Fairly keyed in on Nelson atm. A left side of Cam+Nelson would take lives in the run game. 

CB: I'm a fan of drafting a Cornerback every year. Someone to push Colvin and at worst provide good depth. 

S: depth.

I don't prioritize the RB help quite so high - but I agree on your points minus safety depth. 

Pryor/Thompson/Wilson isn't bad depth IMO. 

I'd love for the first four rounds to yield (in pretty much any order) :

OG
OT
QB
TE or CB

I will say that I have hope that the current CB depth could produce Colvin's replacement should he walk, but they should still add to the talent pool at the position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2017, 11:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's early but I think we already have some pretty set needs for next year. 

QB: Obvious one. Think everyone agrees we need fresh blood at the position. I love the top few QBs this year and think we need to pick up one of them. Others feel we should stick with Blake for now. I'm sure it will be heavily debated over the offseason. 

RB: LF7 is balling but Ivory isn't worth the money and Yeldon is meh. I'd like to see us get a receiving back who can still run the rock if needed. Preferably a speedy guy.  

TE: Lewis is playing well but a true receiving tight end could be huge for this offense. Someone who can take it across the middle and flex out wide. 

OL: Oline has been very good but it's playing better than the some of its parts imo. Cann and Omameh can be upgraded. Parnell too. Fairly keyed in on Nelson atm. A left side of Cam+Nelson would take lives in the run game. 

CB: I'm a fan of drafting a Cornerback every year. Someone to push Colvin and at worst provide good depth. 

One RB I like alot is Sony Michel of Georgia. He's a really good runner with an extra gear, a solid receiver and is one of the best pass blocking RB's in college football. I think he'd be a perfect #2 RB/change of pace guy.

(11-07-2017, 10:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:15 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: First round I like the idea of a TE, second round looking OG or QB. Third round QB or OG.

This is of course without knowing free agent moves and what is available at whatever draft spot we get.

A TE in the 1st?  No thanks

TE with a 22nd pick is not that bad when it could possible be you worst position. Lewis retirement could be this year who knows.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-07-2017, 12:29 PM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A TE in the 1st?  No thanks

TE with a 22nd pick is not that bad when it could possible be you worst position. Lewis retirement could be this year who knows.

If no QB is there and Nelson is off the board I would rather take one of the RTs that should be there over the TE.  While I like Parnell, he like Lewis is getting up there in age and if we need to release him it frees up 5M.

LT - Robinson
LG - Cann/Omameh  or Nelson
C  - Shatley
RG - Linder
RT - Rookie/Parnell

I like the way that OL looks.

I think TE value will be there in the 2nd as well...although the same can be said of OL.

(11-07-2017, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I don't prioritize the RB help quite so high - but I agree on your points minus safety depth. 

Pryor/Thompson/Wilson isn't bad depth IMO. 

I'd love for the first four rounds to yield (in pretty much any order) :

OG
OT
QB
TE or CB

I will say that I have hope that the current CB depth could produce Colvin's replacement should he walk, but they should still add to the talent pool at the position.
Oh yea they weren't in order of preference. I'd only take a rb mid to late rounds. 

Agreed that should be our main block of targets. Even though Oline is playing well it needs to be attacked. Wouldn't mind bringing in FAs either.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 02:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-07-2017, 01:21 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 12:29 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: TE with a 22nd pick is not that bad when it could possible be you worst position. Lewis retirement could be this year who knows.

If no QB is there and Nelson is off the board I would rather take one of the RTs that should be there over the TE.  While I like Parnell, he like Lewis is getting up there in age and if we need to release him it frees up 5M.

LT - Robinson
LG - Cann/Omameh  or Nelson
C  - Shatley
RG - Linder
RT - Rookie/Parnell

I like the way that OL looks.

I think TE value will be there in the 2nd as well...although the same can be said of OL.

Agree, I'd rather take James Washington, Courtland Sutton, or Micael Gallup over any TE in this draft.  Between ARob, Lee, and Hurns I think only 1 of them will be here next year.  You can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd with much better value than taking any of these TE's in the first round

(11-06-2017, 03:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hayden Hurst - TE
Orlando Brown - OT

... i don't like the QB draft class

(11-06-2017, 03:47 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think early on they'll be targeting QB, O-Line (guard and an eventual RT upgrade), TE, and maybe WR depending on contracts for Lee/A-Rob and Westbrook's performance this year.  

Also  -- I have to move this to the college forum.

Why did it go to the college forum? I don't want to talk about players... just positions.

This must be what Jalen Ramsey feels like.

Because idiots like Hurricane start mentioning college players 

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 05:30 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

1. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Franchise QB)
2. Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP (Just earned midseason All-American honors)
3. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (The best small school TE in the country)
4. Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (Perfect backup for Fournette)
5. Deion Harris, CB, North Dakota (Big, ballhawking coverage corner)
6. Traded to Buffalo
7. [Via Cincinnati] Davon Grayson, WR, ECU (Tall receiver with a penchant for making big plays)
7. Genard Avery, LB, Memphis (Can play inside or outside, tackle, rush the QB and drop into coverage)

(11-07-2017, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Franchise QB)
3. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (The best small school TE in the country)
6. Traded to Buffalo
7. [Via Cincinnati] Davon Grayson, WR, ECU (Tall receiver with a penchant for making big plays)
7. Genard Avery, LB, Memphis (Can play inside or outside, tackle, rush the QB and drop into coverage)

No arguments here.

(11-07-2017, 05:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Franchise QB)
6. Traded to Buffalo

Really like the Avery pick...He should go higher based on what I've watched of him.

1: Quenton Nelson - OG - Notre Dame (Franchise LG to pair between Robinson/Linder to make dominant left side)
2: Riley Ferguson - QB - Memphis (Has the tools and could probably step in day 1 but can be groomed a year behind Bortles)
3: Troy Fumagalli - TE - Wisconsin (Big TE that has made some amazing catches)
4: Marquis Haynes - DE - Ole Miss (He is a Yannick clone...slightly undersized but has career sack record at 32)
5: Bo Scarbrough - RB - Alabama (Replace Ivory with another big physical thumper RB)
7: DeMarkus Lodge - WR - Ole Miss (6'2" Deep threat for probably the best WR Corp in college...would love Brown or Metcalf next year)
7: Genard Avery - LB - Memphis (Sideline to Sideline LB)

6. Traded to Buffalo

How far does Mayfield fall, and do we trade up to get him? 

(of course it's too early to know any of that -- but I think we end up with fewer picks than that ^ if we land Mayfield)

For me right now in the event we can't trade down or out of the first round these are the main three I would like to see in Jacksonville:

1. Rouqon Smith - OLB - Georgia - With Telvin Smith locked up and with Myles Jack getting better every game at ILB. We need another speedy and dynamic OLB on this defense. This guy fits that need and fits that bill. He also offers different looks since he can be inside as well.

2. Bradley Chubb - DE - N.C State - I really, really like this kid. You can never have enough pass rushers in the pass happy era of the NFL. Campbell has been dominate. Fowler Jr. and Ngakoue have fed off his leadership and play on the field. But he'll be looking at 32 years of age next year and it doesn't hurt to get another big man on the edge out there when needed.

3. Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU - He's an interesting target for me going into the draft next year. I like his ability, his production and his build for the position. With Lee potentially exiting during the off-season and with Robinson needing an extension along with just Hurns locked down contract wise and hopefully an emerging Cole and Westbrook this year. It really leaves the WR position questionable after this year is up. Sutton offers some value late in RD1.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we wind up drafting in the 20s Mark Andrews would be a good pick. The top QBs and Nelson will most likely be gone by then and Andrews looks pretty awesome.

(11-07-2017, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote: If we wind up drafting in the 20s Mark Andrews would be a good pick. The top QBs and Nelson will most likely be gone by then and Andrews looks pretty awesome.

Andrews is one of the best TE's I've seen in quite some time. I see him as the next Travis Kelce. I currently have him going #24 to Buffalo.

(11-07-2017, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote: If we wind up drafting in the 20s Mark Andrews would be a good pick. The top QBs and Nelson will most likely be gone by then and Andrews looks pretty awesome.

Andrews is one of the best TE's I've seen in quite some time. I see him as the next Travis Kelce. I currently have him going #24 to Buffalo.

He isn't the prospect Howard was last year

(11-07-2017, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Andrews is one of the best TE's I've seen in quite some time. I see him as the next Travis Kelce. I currently have him going #24 to Buffalo.

He isn't the prospect Howard was last year

Much better receiver than Howard was. Just not as freaky athletic or good at blocking.

(11-07-2017, 11:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He isn't the prospect Howard was last year

Much better receiver than Howard was. Just not as freaky athletic or good at blocking.

Hard to say, he's never really had a QB.  If Howard had Mayfield as his college QB I think he would of put up huge receiving numbers.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 11:32 PM by JackCity.)

(11-07-2017, 11:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 11:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Much better receiver than Howard was. Just not as freaky athletic or good at blocking.

Hard to say, he's never really had a QB.  If Howard had Mayfield as his college QB I think he would of put up huge receiving numbers.

Not even talking stats wise just how they play as a receiver. Andrews has much better hands, is a much better route runner and knows how to attack a defense and drop into zones. Howard definitely would have put up better numbers with Mayfield. All in all I'd still take Howard as of right now but as a receiver Andrews is much better.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 11:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-07-2017, 11:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 11:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hard to say, he's never really had a QB.  If Howard had Mayfield as his college QB I think he would of put up huge receiving numbers.

Not even talking stats wise just how they play as a receiver. Andrews has much better hands, is a much better route runner and knows how to attack a defense and drop into zones. Howard definitely would have put up better numbers with Mayfield.

Better hands and a better route runner yes.  Bryan Walters has better hands and is a better route runner than Gronk but I'd take Gronk as a better receiver any day

Howard knows how to use his body really well and has speed if he gets in the open field, can win the jump balls if the QB will give him a chance. Winston is one of the worst QBs in the league and now out a couple weeks. Will be nice to see Howard play withh a good QB

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 11:47 PM by JackCity.)

(11-07-2017, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 11:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not even talking stats wise just how they play as a receiver. Andrews has much better hands, is a much better route runner and knows how to attack a defense and drop into zones. Howard definitely would have put up better numbers with Mayfield.

Better hands and a better route runner yes.  Bryan Walters has better hands and is a better route runner than Gronk but I'd take Gronk as a better receiver any day

Well yeah you'd be insane not to. One is a 5'11 190 journeyman slot receiver....the other is a historically good 6'6 270 TE.   

We're talking tight end vs tight end here. As a prospect Andrews is a much better receiver than Howard was. Howards a better athlete and better at blocking. Overall I doubt Andrews is ranked as highly as Howard was.

(11-07-2017, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 11:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not even talking stats wise just how they play as a receiver. Andrews has much better hands, is a much better route runner and knows how to attack a defense and drop into zones. Howard definitely would have put up better numbers with Mayfield.

Howard knows how to use his body really well and has speed if he gets in the open field, can win the jump balls if the QB will give him a chance.   Winston is one of the worst QBs in the league and now out a couple weeks.  Will be nice to see Howard play withh a good QB

So far from what we've seen from Howard as a prospect and in the NFL is that he struggles and rarely comes down with contested catches or jump balls. very fast but hasn't learned how to use his size and frame well yet. Pretty elite as a blocker from the get go. Bucs use him helping tackles a ton, kinda like Lewis here. 

Winston and the bucs are pathetic this year. Remember everyone was hyping them up all offseason lmao